It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a bunch of BLAH

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Amusing suggestion: Install a keyboard logger program on your own computer, to avoid such data loss. Hey, the NSA can do it, why can't you?

Plus, you can make amusing cut-ups when bored, a la William Burroughs.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This happens

And usually it happens with long replies, because you're messing around in there for ages leaving more time for something to go wrong.

Some advice: don't go into chat when typing a reply!

The other day I had completed a rather large response and wanted to ask someone in chat about aligning images or something, after I had finished the whole thing. Gone!

I would really appreciate some coding to fix this problem
I never reply in the ATS box nowadays, always in wordpad first.

Hehe, I think they do it to keep us on the edge.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Yeah, it almost went through the window
But then I'd be laptopless, and thats not fun for anyone.

- Carrot

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
yet another victim to the agonizing loss of "the perfect post". I almost gave up on my life lol I was so dissappointed. I went to get some Korean food and then felt a little better about it lol

[edit on 28-10-2008 by PinealGlandThoth]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Well...... for what it's worth.... unless it is a simple reply.... I ALWAYS use MS Word to compose. After running spell check I then copy it over to ATS. I am a fairly fast typist.... and because depending on the time of day (evenings mostly) that I get gung-ho to do a thread..... I end up hitting by mistake the windows key or something just as horrid and lose 15 minutes or so of composition.

I never trust myself anymore and my blood pressure is much lower now that I use MS Word and then copy when finished.

Dave

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
god was in heaven when he thought it would be good to set jesus and satan a challenge.....

he told them to write up the history of man.....so both loaded up MS Word (its all microsoft in heaven, trust me) and set to work.....

Half way through the eternity god had set them to complete the challenge, there was an almighty power-cut, resulting from god hurling a lightning bolt, and using up all the power....

At the end of the challenge time, satan went to god and said....'I lost all my work in the powercut, so had to start again....as such i'm only half done..'

'well this isn't good enough', said god, 'jesus managed just fine'...

'but how?' said satan

'well', said god, 'jesus saves......'

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join