It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Alien's Perspective on you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
What drove man away from the simple life of hunting his own food, and living off the land, it was at one time ok for trappers and hunters to just go somewhere in the wild and build a cabin and just live. He did'nt need to punch a clock and He didn't care to play the stock market, He just drank the water from the spring, shot some animals, used the animals fur , bones, meat, I think they were called "Free Men"
This world has reached a point where it just sucks to even get up in the morning, can't even enjoy your coffee cause your to much in a hurry to go slave away somewhere to always seem to struggle and fight to pay your bills.
What is my point, who gives a crap about aliens, think about how much your life sucks right now, you aren't free at all right now, thoughts about the NWO are a joke, we are already in a NWO. Everyone in the world is so far up each others butts from technology. We shrunk the world with tools. We can fly anywhere, call anywhere, now we have to compete with every 8 year old who wants to sew a soccer ball, this life sucks.
If we could destroy all the stuff that crams our worlds together and stay apart the way the continents wanted us to, we wouldn't have this stupid global economy to deal with anyways.
We reached out to the south pacific, and Japan bombed us, we nuked japan and now they bomb us with automobiles.

There is no where in the world anymore where you cannot just have a simple village, even those people are selling on ebay now.

If an alien wants to communicate, I say blow him away, we cant even survive dealing with a global economy, imagine how it would be if the earth was flooded with crap from space that was more advanced at a tenth of the price here on earth , we all would be out of jobs and lost!!!

I wish I had a time machine because I would go back to teach the indians how to keep whitey out of america.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Randy Echo

What a remarkably vapid post.

First of all, a global economy is absolutely essential towards advancement. If we truly are to progress as a world--meaning, if we are to reach the next stage of civilization where we are looking at advancing beyond our own planet--this is is absolutely essential. You paint a global economy as a bad thing, when in fact it's critical for our own evolution and perspective.

And what, exactly, do Native Americans have to do with anything? Do you imagine if the Indians had kept whites out, that history would somehow have left North America alone?

Your OP is thoroughly confusing, incoherent, and suggests nothing more than the rantings of an unsatisfied individual.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The white man did not bring agriculture and sedentary life to the so-called New World. Those things already existed in places throughout the Americas and given time may have spread the same way those elements had in the Old World, replacing the time-tested methods of survival. The hunter-gatherer way of sustenance is a pan-human heritage. Agriculture and even more so, civilization -- they're brief blips in the timespan for the whole of mankind's existence.

Very strong blips, but blips all the same.

"Advancement" is a touchy realm. Are our lives really more fulfilling than those of people that lived four or five hundred years ago? In the end, you may have the convenience of being able to live in a large house, to have your food grown by someone you'll never meet, and fly to any place on the planet in a matter of hours -- but if it does not ultimately make you a happier and more realized man, then is it really progression? I would say that it is merely change. Our way of life today is not better – it is simply different.

It is easy to call the unsatisfied man vapid. I could call our current lifestyle very superficial and I would be no more correct than the individual calling the hunter-gatherer way of life ideal. It all depends on where your values lie.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siblin
It is easy to call the unsatisfied man vapid.

I didn't call the unsatisfied man vapid, I called his post vapid. It has no real point behind it.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Randy Echo
I wish I had a time machine because I would go back to teach the indians how to keep whitey out of america.

While you are there can you teach them that they are not really from India?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Thrashee --

I believe the point has something to do with our world's seeming inadequacies for widespread trade coupled with our tendency to blindly strive forward regardless of our capability to handle the change. We seek interstellar travel and potential trade, but perhaps an alien race would see that we are currently not nearly capable of handling the sheer weight of such an industry. At least not without some major assistance. Hence the title, “An Alien’s Perspective on you.”

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siblin
Thrashee --

I believe the point has something to do with our world's seeming inadequacies for widespread trade coupled with our tendency to blindly strive forward regardless of our capability to handle the change. We seek interstellar travel and potential trade, but perhaps an alien race would see that we are currently not nearly capable of handling the sheer weight of such an industry. At least not without some major assistance. Hence the title, “An Alien’s Perspective on you.”

Except such inadequacies are only to be expected. It's part of evolution, after all, and given our history, it's quite reasonable to anticipate some growing pains both in idealogical and practical arenas.

And be that as it may, I still fail to see how the OP has anything really to do with aliens whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by thrashee

Then I hope that the OP is perfectly willing to expand upon that point for you, as it is his perspective here that is important.

As for myself, I agree that inadequacies are to be expected, but I would hesitate to call it part of our evolution simply because evolution is too frequently confused with progression. Progress suggests improvement and movement toward an overall “superiority” to the past, and I fail to see the evidence for that. But that depends, again, on an individual's personal values and taste.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
If aliens are out there watching us i am sure they are impressed. A little over a hundred years since we were using pack animals for ground transportation for god sake. It is absolutey marvelous what we as humans have managed to accomplish in such a short time frame. We are advancing at an amazing rate.....imagine where we will be in another 100 years.

WE ROCK!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The term "exotic" use to be applied to all that was the East, Not anymore, the viewpoint of our world being smaller due to our new methods of travel and our new forms of world communication is really a falsehood, the world is exactly the same as it was before, we are the same as before, the tools have changed. If our civilation was to fall into dust what would be left for others to see, our novels, art, music, things that make up our culture has progressed even above the tactile, we find scrolls from Sumer, we can touch and feel, translate, to the non knowing our digital information will never be understood by an emerging new society until it reaches the actual level we operate at now, so it's loss will be perpetual. History has shown us that every Empire falls, we all seem to be feeling that a large change is on the horizon, involving financial collapse, wars.
my point is we did this to ourselves, and it seems to be a pattern for us humans, do you think that the aliens that observe us, and have been observing us haven't noticed we build, build, build , and eventually always fall. We are like a bunch of ants rebuilding our nests after a collapse running around mindless. I guess I am struggling with finding purpose inside of this humanity, it all seems so pointless, and in the meantime our population grows above our capacities to facilitate for ourselves. If we are to do anything that will actually last to the ends of time, and stretch out to the stars, its time we start on that path. Im not a big NWO fan, but if it will let us progress and evolve together without regression, maybe just maybe we shouldn't fight it .

[edit on 26-10-2008 by Randy Echo]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
vap·id (vpd, vpd)
adj.
1. Lacking liveliness, animation, or interest; dull: vapid conversation.
2. Lacking taste, zest, or flavor; flat: vapid beer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Latin vapidus.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

va·pidi·ty, vapid·ness n.
vapid·ly adv.

Personally I feel our world has become "VAPID"

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Build and build and eventually fall? When did we fall exactly? History proves that up to this point we have done nothing of the kind... We continue to build, grow, expand and develop.

Where is the regression? All I see is progress.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by ATC_GOD]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
history has shown all that rises, falls... Sure we are were we are right now, but I wouldn't agree with you that is on the way up, static maybe. Oh well ,
it won't matter anyway, all these posts will be erased when the server shuts off.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Randy Echo

I created a thread on this which got virtually no attention and although you have added to the topic if you view my points at the beginning then it should make sense from an intelligent point of view.

Keeping to the thread title obviously and non other.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-10-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I understand

Many of us are explorers caught between the ages of space and the new world

No where to go to truly be free

I myself find it, a very frustrating way to live

I think on a genetic level some of us (and I know I am one) were meant to go explore, to range out...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
There are levels of pain and suffering I’m willing to accept.
Levels of freedom that are slightly higher than others.

I will work my life away because I enjoy the pleasures of knowing that by my hardship I overcame an obstacle. In this way I live my life always achieving and always becoming more than I was before.\

If the NWO would take that from me then I am nothing more than a cave man foolishly slaving away.
Your right who cares. Let me slave in peace.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
finally someone understands, and more than one, wow, thankyou for reading my words,

well now that gratitude has been dispersed, lets all go get a virtual beer and cry in it,

Thanks Guys!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

well now that gratitude has been dispersed, lets all go get a virtual beer and cry in it,

Thanks Guys!

Why are you so melodramatic? The world is not that bad. In the grand scheme of things, we're probably right on course for where we should be at evolutionarily speaking. We're coming to terms with the fact that we must begin to think more globally, we're going through the growing pains of said recognition, and we're faced with the eventual choice of either accepting that and cooperating, or probably seeking our own doom. Either way, life is as it should be.

What's the great pain you're going through, anyway?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATC_GOD
If aliens are out there watching us i am sure they are impressed. A little over a hundred years since we were using pack animals for ground transportation for god sake. It is absolutey marvelous what we as humans have managed to accomplish in such a short time frame. We are advancing at an amazing rate.....imagine where we will be in another 100 years.

WE ROCK!

yes , we do. and your monkey playing the guitar avatar pretty much rocks too

new topics

top topics

join