It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS being attacked?

page: 1/

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Several links aren't working... the site is malfunctioning to a certain extent... more so than usual I'm thinking that it's under attack.

Who are the conspirators who are behind this attack?

Should we be worried?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Maybe you could outline what is happening on your end a little more precisely???

I've been all over the board the past few hours and have had no problems at all...

Semper

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I can't access BTS on firefox... but... I can access BTS on safari just fine.

I find that odd.

Usually I can load BTS through firefox. It just stopped working with FF all of a sudden.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Remember we are seeing a lot of traffic lately and many new statistical records are set almost daily. The site is working fine for me, but I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

it's been good for me...my 2 cents and i know, i know ...only a one-liner, sorry

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Works fine over here...

Try emptying your cache and clearing your temp files..

What FF version are you using?

Semper

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I'm using firefox and I have no problems.

apparently RATS isn't working for some..
ATS

I seen a forum which I now can't find talking about how SO is messing with the look and feel of ATS, so maybe it's bugging because of that?

EDIT
Ok found it
Redesign on ATS

[edit on 26-10-2008 by Forest]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about it... if the PTB were going to attack ATS, they would either launch a Denial of service attack, or a misinformation campaign.

Denial of Service would bring the site down... crash it completely...

and misinformation would be creating a user name and sending members in the wrong direction...

It would seem that any other type of internet attack on a conspiracy web forum would be a mistake, given the collective brainpower and imagination of our friends here on ATS

No problems on my machine on firefox, Chrome, or IE...

Edit: quick launch of ATS and brief surfs on all 3 of my browsers

[edit on 26-10-2008 by nj2day]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I don't know about what you are mentioning, but I do know I got a virus from ATS, on my work computer. It was win32/fake av virus and I nearly got fired for it. The monitoring system on our computer was able to pin down the exact time the virus was recieved, we got it on my shift while I was on ats. I didn't visit any other site the night that it happened. I am now banned from using the computer anymore while at work, I brought this laptop with me tonight, it has a couple of security systems on it, but I came here tonight to see if anyone else had this happen while on ATS.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I'm using FF3. I get this error message when I try to use BTS with firefox

ERROR: You've Requested A Page
That No Longer Exists
(it happens to the best of us)

On July 28th, 2007, we underwent a significant upgrade to our servers and technology infrastructure. Part of that upgrade included some modifications to the information architecture across several sites. Perhaps you followed an old link, or used a bookmark to an old page, or, it may even be possible that you (or someone else) mistyped a link to our sites.

reply to post by space cadet

I am not sure but I haven't gotten a virus from ATS.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I just had to restore my computer to a previous point because of a virus. I was browsing the ATS threads and one of those ads that expands and plays video caused my ESET Nod32 anti-virus to start going nuts. Then a program started downloading and actually managed to infect my system This was after I heard the weird piano riff every second I posted about earlier. I suspect the virus is hiding in one of the new multi media ads with video.

Just thought I would give the SO a heads up and hope it can be located before someone who isn't as well protected gets it.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I couldn't get on ATS or BTS about 5 minutes ago. The page just kept loading,but never did anything. All other sites were fine. It seem to be fine now though.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Firefox combined with noscript plugin will solve all those problems space cadet! In short, get rid of IE!

IRM

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

I can't access BTS on firefox... but... I can access BTS on safari just fine.

If it works fine on Safari, it's obvious that the problem must be on your end that ats/bts is fine. Btw, if you use Firefox with Noscript, make sure that you allow scripts on ats and bts if you want full functionality.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   

How do you "go to bts" when you get that message? The same way/link you use on Safari where it works? Some links will give that error page because of what you can read in the error message. Maybe try a different link or way to go to bts in Firefox?

Try this link:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

And this one:

edit to add one more link:

[edit on 2008/11/6 by Hellmutt]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Well I made a post about a mallicious script here about a week ago, one of the mods moved it to the closed part of the forum for staff and s.o review but I've never heard back from it. I think however the problem as described in that thread could be the reason why people experience problems. Maybe you want to take a look at it. I understand it's busy during electiontime and all and possibley my thread just got buried under 1001 important things to do.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
There have been several attacks of common sense, but they are always successfully repulsed.

Just kidding, I haven't noticed any degradation in terms of performance or issues associated with latency.

Looks good to me.

top topics

join