It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS! What a phenominal site......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Hello ATS! I feel very lucky to have discovered this site. The free exchange of controversial ideas and opinions is what the internet is all about if you ask me.

I live in a bit of a country area in the USA, so it can be hard for me to find people to even entertain the idea that their government might be lying to them.

I have been called a conspiracy theorist on several occasions, and I resent the fact that any questioning of the governments actions, stories, and motivations earns me a label that usually guarantees an immediate shut down from whoever I am talking to.

This is the United States of America! It is our right, nay, even our DUTY, as American citizens to question the motivations of our government and leaders. It is the idea this great country was founded on, and it saddens me to see our rights slipping away with every day that passes.

America IS the greatest country in the world, and it is our responsibility as citizens to do our utmost to make sure that the greed and underhandedness of our political leaders does not rob us of this.

To those of you from other countries, please don't take offense! The fact that I feel that I live in the greatest country on Earth should in no way be taken as an attack on any other country. If you feel like where you live is the greatest country on Earth, good! Become involved in your communities, fight the human tendency to abuse those weaker on you, and together we can make Earth the greatest planet in the Milky Way!

I love you Mankind! For all our failings, I believe that humans are basically good, and though the occasional bad apple can do amazing amounts of damage, we can rise above our baser instincts and learn to live together.

Eventually..........

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Sounds like you'll fit in well here

Hope you enjoy your stay!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Welcome Aboard New Friend!!!!

Take a look at this link when you get a chance, there is some really good information there you should familiarize yourself with..

Read First

Most of all, have fun...

Semper

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Hello.

Welcome to ATS.

Enjoy.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Thanks so much for your greetings everyone!

@ Semperfortis - Wow! That's a lot of homework to assign on the first day!

I'll do my best to keep up to date on ATS's policies and guidelines. I've already fallen in love with this site, and it would be a shame if I broke a rule on the first day!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Malakai Mnemerah

Hello from Canada
Welcome to ATS.

You will love it here!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Hello and welcome...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Welcome Malakai!

Don't worry too much about breaking rules, the mods here are quite reasonable, except for Semper, of course, he's kind of a stickler -- just kidding, Semper!

I really like your expression that you feel that open-mindedness and willingness to discuss 'out-of-bounds' topics are important. That's the reason I'm at ATS, too. Although there's many far-out theories here that I don't subscribe to (and many that I do, but haven't expressed), I prefer a venue where nothing is verboten, to discuss within. It means you're talking with people who will actually listen, and respond without categorizing and rejecting out-of-hand what you have to say.

So I think you'll enjoy ATS, and please, and despite what Semper's sig say, bait the trolls a little at first, feed them honestly, then move on -- you'll be 'over the hump' -- and remember, we're all here together.

top topics

join