It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Season of UFO Hunters-October 29,2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Put on your best hyper-skeptical hat and warm up a fresh batch of scathing insults for your fellow ATS members who find traces of merit in the UFO show that generates more questions than answers - UFO Hunters is Back!

History Channel - Wednesday, October 29th 8 Central/9 Eastern UFO Hunters is back for season 2...

Show synopsis:

UFO Hunters: Invasion Illinois

Analysis of video taken of an alleged UFO over Illinois suggests the object could have been as large as 1500 feet across. The video, featured on UFO HUNTERS, captured three bright lights in a triangular pattern. It was part of a mass sighting of over fifty reports near Tinley Park, Illinois in 2004. Upon investigating, the team discovered that similar objects were reported all over the world in the days surrounding this event--from Australia to Canada. Sightings of triangular-shaped UFOs have been on the rise in recent decades, but was the Tinley Park mass sighting a solid object, or as some believe, a hoax involving weather balloons and flares? Analysis of the video suggests it could have been a solid object larger than any known craft.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I'm really excited about this upcoming season. I really enjoyed the first one.

Hopefully they get some really good evidence this season. I will be tuned in to each episode. Fun show.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
When they did the episode on CARET acouple weeks after it was summarily debunked I began to just shake my head. That said, if they ditched the guy from UFO Magazine(His name escapes me) and found a believer who didn't scream "IT MUST BE ALIENS!!" everytime something isn't 100% debunked I think it would be presented in a much better light.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

OMG I hate that friggin guy. He makes the show all but unwatchable. William Birnes is his name I think. Always jumping to conclusions, always interupting the other guys, always a disruption.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
*******************Bump*********Reminder of season2 show premier************

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EclipseReloaded

Put on your best hyper-skeptical hat and warm up a fresh batch of scathing insults for your fellow ATS members who find traces of merit in the UFO show

This is the attitude that eventually will bring ATS down. "All must be taken with the skeptical and debunking attitude or else". At least they (UFO hunters) are doing a much better job going and actually doing some field investigating and research. Most people here just like to debunk. That’s all!

Little by little I grow away from ATS and into other more reliable and professional boards. This right here is screaming “let’s make fun of anyone who watches the show”. Threads like these... what a waste of mind!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by The Coward

I agree with you The Coward. UFO Hunters does collect evidence and tests theories. While the blinking guy is annoying, the show itself is very entertaining. Very few shows actually seriously investigate UFOs, and kudos to History Channel for having one.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Coward, apparently you didn't get my sarcasm...I'm pointing out the inevitable snarky comment banter that will erupt, taking over any merit the show sometimes has.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
*******************Bump*********Reminder of season2 show premier************

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
i normally download ufo hunters via news-servers, but i havent seen the new episodes yet..

Wednesday, October 29th they air it?
hmm nothing on the internet where i can watch it?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jasperaldo

The History Channel....

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
UFO Hunters is on tonight...brand new show/season....

Show synopsis from onscreen guide:

"People driving home from an Ozzy Osbourne concert in Tingley Park, Illinois, report seeing a large triangular UFO with three bright red lights August 21, 2004."

I wonder if it was our military's TR-3B recon craft?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by EclipseReloaded

I can't wait, it is on tonight, but I will have to catch it later, since SouthPark plays at the same time.

But I really want to catch the premeire, since Iam from Illinois.

Thanks for reminding me it was on tonight.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by schism85

You're welcome...Just want to remind ATS members that the show is on tonight...followed by an episode of UFO Files (repeat).

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Pretty cool show so far...Hundreds of witnesses, 25 to 30 video tapes of the same three, triangular formation of red lights. Radar by two national airports pick up nothing but plenty of illinois residents do.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The local police department was inundated with calls about the red lights and the FAA has no comment. The Air Force said they had no documentation due to high turnover of personel...weird.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
If any of yall miss it, like me, here are the alternate times it is showing on History channel: (plus some other show too about ufos):

link

Tomorrow
o
02:00am
+
68 HIST
Invasion: Illinois
Reports of mass UFO sightings near Tinley Park, Ill., on several occasions are investigated.

Sunday
o
11:00pm
+
68 HIST
Reports of mass UFO sightings near Tinley Park, Ill., on several occasions are investigated.

Monday
o
03:00am
+
68 HIST

[edit on 29-10-2008 by hotbakedtater]

[edit on 29-10-2008 by hotbakedtater]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the repeat schedule

These same triangular formation of red lights were seen again that year (2004) at Tinley Park and in 2005. Also seen over Minneapolis for 9 hours!
Houston and two seen in Melbourne, Australia the next day (2004).

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I watched this episode tonight, and I have a theory. What if there wasn't just one of these things seen in many different locations across the world? What if there were many different ones seen in different locations. What if they were all getting into position for something?
They concluded that the lights were all attached somehow, yet the craft was visibly see-through, since a helicopter flew right behind one. Perhaps it flew in front of it. Who knows. But what if these things have the ability to only be visible in certain spectrums of light. Light bending camouflage. And what if they are there now, just sitting up there, waiting for something, all over the world. Kind of like Signs, or Independence Day

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

I thought it was a good episode: Mass sighting, police department flooded with calls, 25-30 video tapes of UFO, flare test that failed to match what was seen by many - a perfect triangle (despite recorded winds of 30mph) that moved slowly and hovered.

The triangle shaped UFO was estimated to measure 1500 feet across which they said would be comparable to 6 jetliners wing tip to wing tip. This massive size does not correspond to any known/unclassified military air craft...Nor moves so slowly or hovers with no sound...

The TR-B3 moves like this, but that classified recon. craft is suppose to measure 600 feet across. It is powered by a nuclear reactor which warps gravity via a MFD (Magnetic Field Disruptor). A mercury plasma ring is accelerated at 60,000rpms which reduces the effect of gravity by 89%. Advanced multimode rocket engines, one at each corner, propel it.

It is suppose to have noise cancellation technology through three vectored engines - Cosmosphere Electromagnetic Impulse Engines.

new topics

top topics

join