It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FED: U.S. Dollar COLLAPSE!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The only thing I have to say about the current state of the economy is I think we will be seeing commericals like this one real soon.

Climbing for dollars

Falcon

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by Jedimind

Be Careful what you wish for. A clean slate is a very pleasing thought..but what about what occurs to get there.Epic violence and wars,suburban vigilantes ready to slash throats for food.I don't know about you, but I have no desire to see my 4 yr old slowly starve to death before my eyes or worse.I think we are on a collision course we can't turn away from.I for one am afraid, and not afraid to say it. Talk about ignorance...this is not going to be as simple as the great depression, or just shacking up somewhere with your loved ones singing Kumbaya round the fire,or cowering in a bunker till it blows over.This is going to be the disintegration of life as we know it.Catastrophic.This is death riding hard into life,leaving destruction and desolation in its wake... survival will be tough.So be prepared to do the unthinkable and do things you never imagined doing to survive, because even the best prepared of us is not really all that prepared.Sometimes i wish i could go back to burying my head in the sand...

You are correct and it would seem the Russians are getting ready
accordingly:

www.globalsecurity.org...

Alot of ppl laugh at the old bear bombers, but they are
really just a delivery truck for a stealth cruise missile
that can carry a nuclear warhead.

The KH-102 / KH-55 / X-555

2,700 mi. range, and 200k - 500k warhead possible.

If you can't see it, you can't shoot it down.

Some ppl here in the US who pretend to be christians
are really entirely something else:

en.wikipedia.org...

The fact they record a human screaming in anguish and play it
back in the ceremony for "realism" says all I need to know.

A lot of their beliefs also seem to line up with what was carved
in stone in Georgia too:

en.wikipedia.org...

Prepare accordingly.

Good Luck to You all !

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hot_Wings
I remember being in economics one when the European union was consolidating its currencies under the Euro. I also remember hearing many economists making the claim that if the European Union worked, which it is, then America and the entire world would have no choice but to do the same. But strangely enough, it was Europe that claimed that they had no choice but to create the European Union because America was too much of a global industrial player in the technology and military markets.

Basically, the American system is what forced the European Union system, and yet that system will force the American Union system and then together, they will both force the Asian union, and then combined, all three will have to come together in order to get anything done at all in the entire world. Then is when you will have the one world government and the book of revelation will be fulfilled.

What is happening now, in many peoples minds, is an orchestrated chain of chaotic events that will enable our governmental systems to consolidate enough to easily fall under or over the American Union system of government that the elites and the globally diversified companies insist must be done in order to compete with china and the European Union in manufactured goods in the global markets. Why is this so important? It is because Adam Smith in the Wealth of Nations explains that only manufactured goods offers the potential for high profits. Our ever increasing state of technological improvement only proves this idea to be true.

My next door neighbor is 97 years old and lived through the great depression. He thinks that times will get tough very soon, but then, America will see the greatest boom period in its history. Me, I think it’s a little more complicated then that. I think that we will see the worst times in American history but they will not be protracted for very long before global war ensues. I think we will have about 3 years of bad times or maybe only just a year or two before war breaks out around the globe. Food riots were taking thier toll not too long ago and the news media hasn’t talked about the food prices for many months now. In my view that means that it is still very bad in many countries. When the inflation starts to hit hard, then the wars will break out.

I think that the one world government of the book of revelation is an absolute certainty and I think it will continue to take the form of the American / European Union model of government. China will be content with controlling (American style) a new Asian union. Russia, is the wild card. Russia knows that at the new world table there is very little room for them. But I don’t think that the Iran’s, Venezuela’s, and Russia’s of the world will go quietly. I think there will be a fight with them before it is all over and the true World Government starts to take shape.

That and a lot of the so called experts say we are way beyond
the "carrying capacity" of the earth and we need to depopulate
by at least 90%.

They even had the audacity to carve it in stone and stick it on
a hill in Georgia.

en.wikipedia.org...

That is the plan.

This is the instrument of that plan:

The stealth nuclear cruise missile with a 2,700 mi. range.

The russians are gearing up for it, and plan to live through it:

So get ready for some REALLY bad times indeed.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Originally posted by stander
If the dollar is collapsing, how come it is in such a demand?

Just read this:

The U.S. Dollar Death Dance

Yeah and this may very well be the Avalanche that does
finish off the US economy right here in this newsweek article.

www.newsweek.com...

The amount is just mind boggling, and I could not imagine something
worse than Fannie, Freddie, Lehman and all the others combined.

If this shell game enron style goes off, its all over but the crying.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

Originally posted by anachryon
It would just be coordinated hyperinflation and the only industry that would make out well would be wheelbarrow manufacturers.

Dismally humorous way to put it, but it's true. My grandfather immigrated from Germany, during the lead-up to Hitler's Nazi State: He saw what was happening & decided to "bug out" while he still could (But where can someone "bug out" to if the NWO takes over the whole world?). Before Hitler's rise to power, Germany was a very bankrupt country, with little-to-no industry & serious hyper-inflation...This is what happened after being defeated in WW I.

Gee, does the "outsourcing" of so many American industries sound familiar now? How much has our real industrial capacity suffered up to this point? Just a few years ago, Bush told the nation that, "we're shifting to a service-based economy, so get used to it."

Is it any wonder that so many people speak about a Bush-Hitler connection? Especially when you look at what the US got out of WW II (Project Paperclip) & how the government used the "Cold War Era" to flex it's muscles?

My grandfather used to tell me that German Marks were so worthless that people would staple them together for use as scratch paper...Because it actually cost more to buy the paper.
He also told me what he thought about the inflationary (boom-bust) economy in America...Keep in mind that this was back in the late 60's or early 70's when he told me this: That America was getting to be like Germany & we'd soon be taking our money to the grocery store in a big bag, but carrying our groceries home in our pockets.

So the crack about wheelbarrow manufacturers being the only ones to make it sounds pretty accurate...But then, who's going to be able to buy the wheelbarrows, anyway?

Originally posted by rtcctr
...if i got this right then the Bailout actually hurt more than helped

This is what about 90% of the public kept telling Congress when Bush & Paulson kept "fear-mongering" the bailout through...Hmmm, fear-mongering...You know, one well-accepted definition of a "terrorist" is a person or group that uses fear to make political changes in a government...Hmmm...That's how Bush got the Patriot Act through too, was by fear-mongering, wasn't it?...Hmmm. Makes you wonder who the real terrorists are in the USA, doesn't it?

In short, the politicos behind the NWO want this country to fail or tear itself apart in revolution! They want the government to either go despotic or the government officers to die in pools of blood! Why would that be? They want to replace it with something else & you can bet your sweet bippy this is for the purpose of pushing a single worldwide fiat currency that operates on the same debt-based system that most of the world uses now with all of their various currencies!

Originally posted by redhatty
The US Dollar will get it's death blow once OPEC decides it will accept other countries sovereign currencies as a means to purchase oil.

Ummm, that's why Bush wanted Afghanistan...Hussein had been announcing that they were going to accept the Euro (WMD's? What WMD's?). BTW, so did Iraq just before the US Troops went in. Iran has been saying that lately too...Does this sound like a coincidence? Wow, could it be that the OPEC nations are actually trying to resist the NWO?

After the Emergency Banking Relief Act in 1933 was passed, the government had to "de-couple" the Dollar from Gold...That's because the Fed Res Bank (established in 1913) demanded the government to repay its loans in gold! In effect, the government was officially bankrupt at that point, because there wasn't enough gold in the Treasury to completely pay back all of the government's overspending & over-borrowing.

Since then, the government's been trying to keep the Dollar-Oil link so as to have some tangible asset to back the Dollar. In short, all of the US Troops are in the Middle East right now to try to ensure that the Dollar-Oil link to tangible-value stays reasonably stable.

Gee, the Fed Res was illegal from its inception & it still only took them about 20 years to engineer the Great Depression in the early 1930's...

You ask where to go...

An old book says "Even they who go unto the mountains will
know troubles."

So I'd say the wilderness and remote areas and the phrase
out of sight out of mind comes to my mind.

It's my plan, and I am sticking to it, and I got company.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jedimind
Maybe I'm just twisted but a part of me wants the whole thing to come crashing down. Dollar collapse? Bring it on. Other countries currencies and economies collapse? Bring that on as well.

These occurrences which are starting to now unfold right before our eyes feel very natural to me. It seems like an unavoidable recoil / response to our ridiculous system (society) and way of life in general that is driven by disgustingly excessive greed and corruption.

I crave a clean slate and I think my craving will soon be satiated. Time to pay the piper people.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by Jedimind]

Honestly when i turn on the news every night and see this world we live in, i myself also believe no matter how bad things may become i would like to see this happen. It may sound twisted but IMO man kind needs to get back to it's roots. We have been so over come with greed the things that are important to us like big houses, fancy cars, huge tv's, ipods and the list goes on and on. What if those things suddenly had no value? What if the things that became important were food, water, heat and shelter? What if someone was judged not by the car they drive or the money they make but how much they give to others?

Yes a lot of people could die from this but we are all to blame. We all have lost sight of what is important in life and base our decisions on compassion, morlas and values not on what is best for us as a whole but what is best for ourselves.

America and the world have started to take to much for granted and everyone needs a wake up call! It is coming. Many people on this board know it is and many good points have been shared in this thread.

Those who have good in their hearts will know where to go to hide and will help each other while the corrupt kill and murder each other. I would like to see this dollar, the yen, the euro and etc collapse, so for once i can see people for who they really are and live among only those who have the truest genuine intentions at heart.

I know i will get a lot of flack for posting this but we have gotten to the point where the human race needs to be taught a lesson as to what is important in life and get back to the meaning of what it is to truely live.

Currently we live in a big machine. The goverments of the world and the corrupt who are in control are doing everythignt hey can to keep it running but now the clock is ticking and all they are doing is prolonging the reality that is definitly going to come crashing down. Unfortinitly when it does i can almost promise someone is going to launch a nuke because for these people loosing their money and power will leave them with nothing else to live for.

Everyone is so blind sided by the campaign right now and the myth that the next president is going to make or break the world that they fail to look at the hard facts and realize it is too late. We have a $60 trillion dollar deficit that we can not pay back. This in return means the rest of the world has a $60 trillion dollar deficit that they will never see return on. Do the math! I highly doubt Mcain or Obama have any plan to fix this.

Also look into the fed reserve. The system that is backing our banks. How much money do they currently have left? I think you will be surpised with what you find out. There is a thread on ATS about this right now and while it is complex in laymen terms the fed has given it all away.

I always get sick of reading the doom and gloom posts on ATS but do some research off this board and then you might realize that we are in a hole we can not get out of.

Even if we could would you really want to? Are you happy that you are programed to waste your life feeding others greed just to survive.

Bottom line is....it's going to happen...and IMO it needs to happen. I just hope the good people come together to survive and make it through

I'm not a religous person but God Bless

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Still waiting for your predicted collapse.

Funny, but the dollar is stronger against almost every currency in the world over the past few weeks.

So, where is this collapse?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This will give you an understanding of how our currency is manipulated. That and make you ill at the same time.

en.wikipedia.org...

"Historically, societies have relied on monetary systems where currency used in trade was either composed of a physical commodity (such as gold coin—see commodity money) or exchangeable for a predetermined amount of a physical commodity. This could be a precious metal such as gold, silver, or copper, although some systems had representative money that was redeemable for a fixed amount of other commodity items such as crops, beasts of burden, or food.[3]

The taxing government's choice of the form or origin of money it accepts may be somewhat arbitrary, but the unifying feature of all fiat money is that whatever form or origin, the market demand for it is dominated by the taxing government's demand for it in payment of taxes. For example, a coin may be considered fiat currency if its face value—the value it has in payment of taxes—is higher than its market value as metal (although this is not the case with all fiat currency: as of 2008, the US nickel is worth less than the material it is minted from) The term fiat money has also been used to distinguish such money from the type of representative money which is fixed to represent a weight of precious metal (specie). While specie-backed representative money has been associated with a legal requirement that the bank of issue pay in fixed weights of specie or even (in theory) fixed amount of any other precious good, fiat money's value is fixed only to its value in transactions controlled by government authority, such as taxation.

Fiat money is a subset of general credit money (money backed by promise to pay in goods or services controlled by the creditor). However, fiat money is a special type of credit money in which a government, often through a central bank or reserve bank, has taken the responsibility of being the major creditor backing the currency.

Fiat money is not necessary, or always used, for large countries. An economy may function on credit money which is not fiat money, such as United States paper currency during periods when the U.S. did not have a central bank. An example of current currency of this type is the Pound Scots, which functions as money in Scotland and elsewhere in the United Kingdom, even though not legal tender anywhere. A mixed case where a credit money note is only partly backed by the full credit of the government involves Banknotes of the pound sterling. Although only those pound sterling notes issued by the Bank of England are directly backed by government credit and thus technically "legal tender," the pound sterling banknotes issued by certain other authorized banks in the U.K. still function equally as money in the U.K. This is because there is an indirect mechanism of government backing where these other banks are required by law to have a sum of money in an account in the Bank of England equal to the total sum of sterling notes they have issued. [4]

Usually, a fiat-money currency loses value once the government which acts as the creditor refuses to further guarantee its value through taxation, but a strong private banking system and consensus of the population may prevent this. For example, the so-called Swiss dinar continued to retain value as a type of credit money in Kurdish Iraq, as a result of backing by private banks and acceptance from individuals there, even after its fiat-money status was officially completely withdrawn by the backing government (the central government of Iraq).[5]

Among many people who advocate for specie, such as gold, silver or a bimetallic standard, the term fiat money is often used as a pejorative term.[6]"

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Some new numbers out today.

First, the Fed's balance sheet.
(note - the report will be at the above link until 11/6/08, then will be archived at this link)
It's a big day at the Fed, and I wonder if they celebrated with balloons, streamers and a cake.

It took from 1913 all the way to Sept 19, 2008 for the Fed's balance sheet to reach the $1trillion mark.
It only took them another six weeks to reach the $2TRILLION mark.

Don't take my word for it, though. In case one might label me a doomsayer or infer that I might be confused somewhere...
LA Times

Here's one way to keep tabs of the cost of the financial-system bailout: Watch how the Federal Reserve's balance sheet expands.

The Fed's ledger now has swelled to more than $2 trillion in assets -- mostly in outstanding loans to banks and other financial companies, according to a weekly report from the central bank that is nicely summarized by George Goncalves, government bond strategist at Morgan Stanley in New York.

The flip side is that the Fed also has more than $2 trillion in liabilities, including financing supplied by the Treasury (i.e., taxpayers) and cash reserves on deposit from banks.

Note: The Fed’s bailout tab is separate from the $700 billion that Congress authorized the Treasury to spend buying toxic mortgages from banks and investing directly in banks via capital infusions.

Way back on the 1st page we discussed the Monetary Base. How's it doing today?
Dynamic link - most current data.
Data being discussed will be archived after 11/6/08 at this link.

We added nearly $160B to the Monetary Base in the period of 7 days, bringing the current total to...ready for this?
$1.14trillion.

Another balloons and streamers milestone!! Over ONE TRILLION DOLLARS!

Has anyone figured out where this money is coming from yet?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Put it in oil futures...they won't ever let the price of that come tumbling down...

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

It is said, that the difference between a recession and a depression is, that in a recession, your neighbor is out of work. In a depression, YOU are out of work. Right now it is estimated that our actual, not govt figures, for unemployment are over 20%. And what was it during the LAST depression? I just looked over your piece again, and want you to think about your predictions, and history.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldMedic
Still waiting for your predicted collapse.

Funny, but the dollar is stronger against almost every currency in the world over the past few weeks.

So, where is this collapse?

Lets see, you wrote this on the 30th of October. And when was the Stock Market crash?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregarious

What are you trying to say exactly?

There is no depression.. all the predictions of the economic collapse were just that, predictions.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
reply to post by mybigunit

Guns, lots of guns and medical supplies. No joke, spend it while it is worth something.

You may have a point, because in colonial america, pistols were used as money
Often a reward might be posted for an outlaw.. the reward being "Two pistols and ball"

I saw this in letterpress reproductions of old newpapers from yorktowne virginia.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by seataka]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Originally posted by stander
If the dollar is collapsing, how come it is in such a demand?

Just read this:

The U.S. Dollar Death Dance

Thanks for this link...I learned from this... here is another one in kind, posted as thread HERE but got a few stars but no replies ... and I feel It is extremely important and on topic to this thread. ---- thanks again, star'd

Fed sez "ACCOUNTABILITY IS AUTONOMY" to World Affairs Council
LINK to post on ATS
Excuse me, accountability is autonomy??? and who the %$## is the "World Affairs Council" with an update on Ron Paul's Audit the Fed legislation maneuvering on "the hill".

[edit on 21-2-2010 by seataka]

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join