It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FED: U.S. Dollar COLLAPSE!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenStarHand

quite a deception and more.

The age of the sumerian gods ended with Marduk's death when

alexander entered Babylon. That is all the sitchen stuff out there.

IF you can believe that time travel is possible, in our future, than

someone with future knowledge could have given that gnoiesis

to the tribe of Ibrahim - to encode for eternity with some detail (!) -

and thus history was written....

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO
reply to post by anachryon

Hi anachryon!

Okay got all that but somewhere in my small brain I keep thinking that if the dollar is worthless doesnt that mean that all the rich elites are now/or will be just as penniless as the rest of us?
If thats the case I say bring it on...

While I see what you're getting at, you're rationalizing under the assumption that they do all their trading through dollars and that's not necessarily true. The elite can easily trade in by simply switching to another currency, or simply trade in through other paper means (e.g. stocks, bonds etc.) or trade using gold or any other resources, remember that they have many MANY means of trading where as we the common folk use mainly only one source, paper money. Also, using your example, you have to remember that the wealthy elite have such exorbitant amounts of paper money, that even if they do become "worthless" they still have so much of it, that they can hold off until it's all over.

For us to stave off the oncoming crisis, we too must start working with another form of trading or resource, be it bartering resources or something else.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Come-on Guy's Quit Scaring the crap outta people!!
You guy's are blowing things way outta proportion!! We have been in worse shape than this in recent years but it just wasn't televised and the internet wasn't as readily available as it is now!! Give me a break!! I personally wouldn't start worrying until after the 1rst of the year!! If things are still the same then go jump off a bridge or something, but otherwise just calm down and wait it out like level headed adults and quit scaring people!!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
uk.youtube.com... A 2006 Video by an ecomonist that may be the world should have listened to,Petter Shiff

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It seems to me our collective unconscious is finally catching up with us. We crave justice for America's past actions and that's what we seem to be in for. So, is that really a bad thing?

The inflation won't be that bad. My guess is a factor of 10:1 to 20:1 over the next 5 years. I base this on a dream I had where I was in the future somewhere around 2014. A luxury car cost about $1M and a cheap LCD TV (maybe 6" screen and not great resolution) was around $600. The destruction had been cleaned up by then and everyone was back to work. The carpool system was amazing.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I do agree with the inflation concept in the US due to over reaching of available funds given by the government to cover insolvent banks and basically just printing up more to cover the cost. This typically would cause "hyper-inflation" and devaluation of the dollar. However, I am curious if you are considering that the US dollar is not the only currency in this situation. All other major currency around the world, other than Japan, is dropping against the dollar. This in turn puts the dollar back in favor as a stable currency which allows for foreign banks to repay outstanding loans to US banks which continues to boost the currency vs. other world currency. If the US were in this situation alone I think I would buy into your theory, but due to the current financial crisis affecting the rest of the G7 I do not see the dollar collapsing. I actually see the opposite in the near future. The dollar will continue to gain value against world currency for the next 12 to 18 months followed by stabilization. Unfortunately most of America will not benefit due to upcoming job conditions degenerating and unemployment moving higher due to recent stock market losses. (Business' typically look to manpower reductions first to offset financial losses and increase revenue). Inflation will hit but will be somewhat offset by the increase in the dollar value because most consumer items purchased in the US are manufactured outside of he US. Now, that being said...if the US government continues on the path of excessive spending and running up the deficit then the dollar will be devalued in the future thus eventually loose its place as the world’s reserve currency. As bad as things seem at the moment things are much worse in the other industrialized nations of the world. That is the why the dollar is recovering so quickly from the lows in July 08 and will continue to recover for sometime.

I am very interested if you think I am way of base here. Please respond

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
from what I have read in all 7 pages no one has mentioned this info

among the list of founders of the federal reserve was jp morgen. you can look that up. bank maneuvering and reduction in banks and clearing houses and so forth is part of the plan.

the laying waste to the american dollar for one, is part of the way to force nations to accept a united currency in the EU its the euro, one currency.. its not the euro thats in trouble its each countries currencies. The euro is doing fine. In canada, the usa and mexico we will have a united currency referred to as the amero.

the idea is to lay waste to the currencies as they stand and then come in with the solution that solves everything.

in africa they are working on a common currency as well.

South America will either create their own along with central america or join ours.

This has nothing to do with you and me, this is about money and power, and since we dont have either we are slaves to those that have both.

Once oil is removed from being sold exclusively off the US dollar, the USD will drop like you would not believe.

You can expect that to happen in the next 2-4 years.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Ok, like this has been written about for like the last 1000years and like have you heard about....like .....the Bible and the stories and stuff that like make us guilty and stuff? Hello???? didn't they teach you this in public schools? Well, anyway, if not ....here's like sum of the stuff to help you undersstand Ok? Ok!

Like the book is divided into like old news and new news. And, and it's all related to todays' stuff. So, like good to the old news sections: Ezekiel 7 Start at Vs 10 and it will explain about then and 2008. It will talk about values, money, commodities.

Then you can like fast forward to the end of the book like Revelations in the NEW NEW SECTION and read in Chapter 6 about financial meltdown and how much a loaf of bread will cost beginning in 2009 after our money becomes increasingly worthless. OK?? Ok!

Now there's kinda a little hope in this, sorta, like if you like really believe like there's really God and that he's giving you like a little notice of what's happening with the European Common Markets/the Euro/ the Oil Cartels and stuff. And of course like we can blame all of this on Israel and Jesus. But, I don't thinks so because It's us doing this to ourselves???
Anyway, our money is like gonna be like toilet paper and about worth that much after we use it to like wipe out butts with it. Sooo, get ready to not have a good day......unless you might want to be on the side of the Author of this book who inspired it. OK??? Ok! soooo, if not and you don't really think this ia all a bunch of bovine bio-mass then .....well you might want to get into the Nuclear Attack Position...which is: Place your head between your kneew and as far to the rear as possible aaaaannnddd KISS YOUR SWEET ASS GOODBYE!!!

The food riots, medical breakdowns, food distributions, lack of fuel and services....Aawwwhh it's gonna be sooo miserable. So you have a good day and enjoy your fantasy as long as you can!!

TrustmeI'm A Salesman. Do you need a nice used car??? I gotta cream puff only driven by an old lady......

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TrustMeImaSalesman

All I have to say to your post is this...It's like the end of the world as like, well, like we knew it...And like, I feel fine. So like,...let's dance!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by worried08
NEVER in history has this happened before.

As of Oct. 23, Non-Borrowed Reserves and Bank Reserves equal nearly the entire monetary base.

The Federal Reserve now needs a reserve for the reserves. Hyperinflation, here we come (prior to total collapse.)

10/23 Bank Reserves 328,597 MILLION; Monetary Base 1,143,873 MILLION; Non-Borrowed Reserves (-362,550) MILLION; TOTAL Borrowed 691,147 MILLION

www.federalreserve.gov...

[edit on 25-10-2008 by worried08]

Think about it. Biblical Prophesies talk about a global economic system implying a "one world currency". Well, in order for that to happen, all the strong currencies would have to collapse.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by worried08

Wow, I was right about something. I said this in a couple other posts before when talking about the bail outs. Also told friends and family. No one believed me.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Devaluation is the opposite of deflation. Devaluation is inflation. I just want to point that out as it seems to be a mistake frequently made on this forum.

Understanding the dynamic is really quite simple. Let's say you produce 100 units of value in your economy and you have 100 pieces of currency circulating. Then you have a recession, and your economy drops to producing 50 units of value while the money circulating does not change. You have just experienced an inflation of the currency, or, in essence, your money is worth half what it was. If your economy remains the same or declines a bit and you increase the amount of money in circulation, you also experience inflation.

The reason governments like inflation is that it takes a while for people to realize their money is worth less, so when they get more they spend more, and the economy grows despite the diminishing value of the currency. In theory you can lead the economy up in this way. This is referred to as Keynesian economics. We are experiencing this now on a massive scale, as the Fed desperately attempts to offset the financial crisis, which is really a loss of money in circulation due to reduced lending, by pumping billions or trillions into the economy in other ways.

It remains to be seen whether the true amount of money in circulation will be successfully supported in the short term, but in the medium and long terms, it is very likely that this will all result in very high rates of inflation as the banks begin lending again and liquidity improves.

What does that mean to you? Try to have an income which floats with the value of the dollar. Own a business which can adjust its pricing with inflation, or choose to have a commissioned income instead of salary. If you are near retirement and plan to live on fixed income, don't! That income may turn out to be worth a lot less than you think. For the purposes of saving money, I think nothing beats real estate as a hedge against inflation. Be careful, however, as many real estate prices in this market have not yet reached their lows.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
Understanding the dynamic is really quite simple.
We are experiencing this now on a massive scale, as the Fed desperately attempts to offset the financial crisis, which is really a loss of money in circulation due to reduced lending, by pumping billions or trillions into the economy in other ways.

It remains to be seen whether the true amount of money in circulation will be successfully supported in the short term,

So where is all this money coming from? I mean are they just going to print it or what? And if borrow it from China, Japan, etc, how will that help long term?

It seems even the oil rich gulf states are panicking and withdrawing loads of money.

So if they are increasing the money supply by injecting seven hundreds of billion$ into the economy and people start panicking all around the world it means some of the worst hyper inflation ever witnessed right?

Wow...this is very scary to me and I'm no financial wizard. What will tomorrow bring...more panic, more failures, more uncertainty? We can be sure it will get very interesting over the next few months while all this is sorted out.

Hang on...were in for a bumpy ride!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
WOW can you believe Bernenke said the banks will take over the world whether we like it or not wtf

www.youtube.com...

You know, I find it fun to picture what people look like on these boards.. and THAT is exactly how I pictured you mate!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

What's not clear is how much money the Treasury has been raising by selling Treasury bonds and notes. If that money were given to banks, it would not increase the money supply. It would not be printed out of thin air but would be supplied by all the foreigners and US citizens piling into the dollar and US Treasurys.

In exchange for their money, the Treasury incurs a debt to these folks and, when the Treasury loans money to the banks, the banks incur a debt to the Treasury. Money has changed hands but the supply has not increased. No hyperinflation.

Now Treasury auctions having been going very well. All durations are down in yield due to high demand--but I'm not sure how much they've actually sold and whether it has been enough to offset all their programs (TARP being the latest).

Obviously, you want to get this analysis right because it has huge investing implications.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

It does make me sick. What scares me even more is if I go and buy all sorts of silver and gold which I am strongly considering and then the governments flood the market with it to get money killing the price of gold and silver. I'm at a standstill I'm not sure where the hell to put my money.

The government cannot flood the market with Silver (at least) because of the world shortage of Silver. In actuality, if the price of Silver were not being manipulated, and according to it's scarcity, Silver should be more valuable than Gold. I doubt they'd flood the market with Gold, either. So buy what you can afford.
Edit to add: this is why America should dissolve the Federal Reserve, which is NOT Federal, but is a consortium of world banks. We hire the Fed to print our money at a cost of about 7 cents per bill, no matter the denomination, then they loan it to us. The bad part is that we then have to pay it back at face value, PLUS INTEREST.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by zappafan1]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
well looks like there plan is right on time and going according to schedule.. this dude tried to warn us of what he knew.. no one listened back in march..

www.city-data.com...

i hope this guys info isn't correct or were in for big problems. but he has been dead on so far.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join