It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone help me with this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This is a request for help regarding symantec.

I know what you are thinking.

Well anyway help me out.

Well my university has norton in the computers for the computer labs and has a intranet connection, anyway when I am working on it and I am furiously typing away the programs, this idiotic pop up comes up stating that,

"Traffic from the IP address ............. (not mentioning the IP, for security reasons) is blocked because of [STD:20615]MSRPC Malicious LSASS DS Request BOO from 9:28:56 to 9:48:56 AM"

And after ten minutes the same pop up comes stating the traffic is blocked from the same IP for another ten minutes:bnghd:

I get this all the time, and my friends do not get this, only I am getting this, I tried using the scan for viruses, but no luck, I contacted the lab staff, and they are saying that they dont know what that was.

So, anyone help me to get rid of the pop up.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Here is a link regarding the message.

www.symantec.com...

I would contact your IT staff to help you out. You may or may not have admin privileges to do what is needed.

Troy

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It depends on which version of norton, but you should be able to click on the message and tell it not to inform you of this again.

If not, you should be able to stop all the pop-up warning's.

It will differ from version to version so google for exact instruction, like this:

"stop popup warnings on norton (antivirus/360/Internet security suite....)

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I contacted them, and they are clueless and asking why I am making it a issue and they told me to ignore it.

So, I read through the link, and I see that it actually blocking the virus/code entering inspite of the irritating pop up.

So, I think it is better to leave it I can manage somehow with that pop up.

Thanks for the link.

Cheers.

peacejet.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

I tried google search and it came up empty, but I tried with "norton popups" and had some websites posting regarding popups, and I found that this pop up problem is quite prelevant :bnghd:

So, the next time, I will try disabling the pop ups or just leave it as it is.

Thanks for the help.

peacejet.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I guess someone(s) in your IT staff assumes that everyone is briefed on happenings.

Some IT staff treat people like they are stupid for asking a question, or being confused about something. They can sometimes think that everyone knows what they know.

Some of these guys assume that the regular user is somehow supposed to know about all the IT related occurrences.

If you aren't trained on it, of course you have questions when things like this happen.

When I was IT staff I knew that regular users didn't understand things like all of our terminology. It was funny, our boss at the time said we were "talking in code."

Troy

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
if your trying to access myspace or something and it is blocked use a proxy.

join