It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GMT -1 Here we go!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I love this time of year when the clocks go back, that extra hour in bed sure makes it worth while!!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
i always end up going to bed an hour later so i lose that extra hour in bed lol

link   
Lucky persons, here in India we dont have any such winter time
, so, all throught the year, the same time, though the sun rises at six only in the winter and at five in the summer(at my location).

Envying your one hour extra sleep.

[edit on 25/10/08 by peacejet]

link   
Very funny indeed. I'm at work. It's supposed to be 3 am here, but now it's suddenly 2 am here instead. I'll have to work an extra hour tonight. Aaargh.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

doesnt your place of work take this into consideration? seems a little unfair makling you work an extra hour :c

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Very funny indeed. I'm at work. It's supposed to be 3 am here, but now it's suddenly 2 am here instead. I'll have to work an extra hour tonight. Aaargh.

Oh my you moderate from your work place, doesnt your office have firewalls and monitoring devices installed to prevent unnecessary use of the internet other than that of work purposes.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

unless s/he is either IT or, ATS is work haha

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I'm allowed to use ATS from my workplace. It doesn't have any negative impact on my work. I could also be reading a book or watch tv if I want to. My boss knows about it.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Do you get paid for that hour that just went back ? i would ask about that, in theory that last hour dont exist no more

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I'm allowed to use ATS from my workplace. It doesn't have any negative impact on my work. I could also be reading a book or watch tv if I want to. My boss knows about it.

Oooh, such a enviable job, yours is, and even your boss knows that you are surfing ats
. I thought that these bosses were the persons who would just be waiting to pounce on the workers and yell at the top of their voice.

Perhaps, you are the luckiest person in the world.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Scaart

Yeah, I'll get paid for the amount of hours that I'm here. I'll be extra tired tomorrow evening, that's all.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Forgot all about this - thanks for the reminder...

Too bad this only happens one time a year...it's not often I get one up on the system.

content edit!

[edit on 10/25/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Winner, so in that case you work up till 2am, then the clocks go back an hour then you work that 1am to 2am again, so you must get paid twice for that hour

Make sure you mention that

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Scaart

No problem, I simply write 12 hours instead of 11

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Umm...Standard Time begins on November 2, 2008....

Are we talking about the same thing?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I think, overseas, it happens tonight.

For us in the US, thanks to Congress, we have to wait until next weekend to "fall back".

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Wow - I never knew that. Thanks.

I learn something new every day.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Here are the most recent news via Google. Seems like most of Europe changed the clock last night.

daylight savings - Google News

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I always miss that switch, waking up an hour to early. My cell phone shows the old time while my PC changes automatically. That's when I realize. Glad to get an hour more dailight.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Here in Australia we change to Summer time, we went forward an hour at the start of the month.

Unsually London is only 9 hours behind me, but we go forward and then go back it's now jumped 11 hours behind me!

Mikey

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join