It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Will Have To Learn One End Of A Weapon From The Other

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It seems from what the polls have been telling us that Obama may be the next U.S. President. Of all the duties that come with the job protecting the country is the chief responsibility, as the president serves as commander and chief. So the U.S. may now soon have a commander and chief who has voted if faver of gun control or supported gun control on many occasions.
On of the forms of orientation, for lack of a better word, the all newly elected presidents go through is weapon training. The secret service trains the president to fire the common weapons. The reason behind it is if something should happen and he is in a situation where he must defend him self. So that brings the question, will Obama, possibly the next U.S. President, know one end of a weapon, from the other?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Clearly if he does go through the training, then yes, he'll be aware of which end of the gun is the killing end...

I'm fairly confident as well that there's a difference between gun-control and outlawing guns entirely, so your point is?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
My point is a commander and chief is being elected who does not want people to have there own weapons, and possibley does not know which end of a gun is the bunsess end.
I looked at an email recently that also said he voted to make people criminally liable for defending there own home from criminals. People have been noting similarities between him and the rise of Nazi Germany. That is exstreem but being able to have your own weapon and or defend your self may be disappearing.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Yes, he will train like Batman because that is how cool Obama is....

What? Batman learns everything about guns.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I have never really seen it like that. I am a proponent of the constitution and bill or rights.

However, I actually can understand why the commander and chief should be well versed in their firearm skills & tactics.

Makes sense. The President of the United States is supposed to be an advocate for our freedoms and ideals.

What better way to promote a campaign, by practicing these rights and freedoms.

Lead by example?

I've only seen a handful, DC elected civil servants, actually practice what they preach.

Senator Obama should be more considerate towards the 2nd amendment.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

If you're interested, this is the bill that Obama voted against.

The Bill did not make a homeowner a criminal for using a weapon in self-defense. In that particular instance (the bill was in response to a particular case in the state), the homeowner already was considered a criminal for using a handgun (which were banned) to stop a home invasion. This bill would have allowed a person using a banned weapon to protect themselves or another to have an automatic defense against a weapons charge in a court of law.

The bill ultimately passed overwhelmingly. Obama's only registered vote, on March 25th, 2004, was against the bill.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Sad things is this:

Most people that are against guns, have them in their homes...

They just don't want "Us" having them, as in the "People"

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Another attempt to make Obama look like a bumbling fool.

Yes, Obama already knows what end is the business end of a weapon, anyone who's watched cable TV in the last 20 years knows this...

And I agree with one of the other posts here, that gun control does not equal outlawing guns.

I believe that responsible adults should own firearms. Completely unregulated firearm trade would be a really really bad idea...

Would you sell a gun to the convicted felon living next door?

top topics

join