It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My dog doesn't care about a crisis of confidence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well he doesn't.

He doesn't get depressed if the pretend money supply loses it's value or euphoric when there is enough wealth to go around for everyone.

The economy could fail entirely and my dog wouldn't know the difference. He just needs a couch to crash on, some relativly clean drinking water and a little food that can be scavanged out of a trash can.

My wife's expectations are bit higher though.

I think the controlled media is beginning to encourage her to save a little money while still encouraging material consumption.

The manipulation in gas prices was a brilliant move in that it brought matters down to what most women care about, electric bills, gas prices and the rising cost of milk. The coup d'etat was the manipulation of mortgage banking system to orchestrate the wholescale ousting of entire families out of thier homes and onto the street. This should scare the crap out of most women.

Bravo

Is there a point to this post. No not really.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Hmmm….

Well, your comparison of your dog’s attitude to that of your wife is marginally concerning. One gets the impression that if they shared the same sex they might well share a moniker. Just kidding.

One thing is certain, when any being’s belly gets empty, they will get concerned in a big hurry. Fail to keep either fed, and both might stray.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistor

Well, your comparison of your dog’s attitude to that of your wife is marginally concerning.

One thing is certain, when any being’s belly gets empty, they will get concerned in a big hurry. Fail to keep either fed, and both might stray.

Please don't confuse the analagy above with disrespect for my wife or my dog, or even a comparison of the two.

However, human and animal behavior does tend to be similar in all beings.

When hunger strikes animal behavior in humans can triumph.

All the madness that we see in the economy is driven by fear, greed and emotions. Right now I see fear winning the game over greed.

You're right about the straying part. When was the last time you saw a woman standing on the street next to her homeless begger husband?

Fear vrs Greed

Which one are you rooting for?

The play on fear of terrorists to beef up security measures was a good move as well. It really plays to womens desire for security as well.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Fear vs. Greed eh?

Well, I see fear as a proper response to danger. It must be overcome (courage) or it can be more of a detriment than a benefit of course. Properly attuned, fear is a warning (like pain) that all is not well and a situation needs to be addressed. Of course it can get out of hand and even become a mental illness. We all do well to watch that aspect of human nature, as the PTB love to exploit it to our detriment and their benefit.

As to greed, I’m not sure that it can ever be a good thing. There is certainly such a thing as proper self interest, but the term greed connotes the will to do harm to others in order to benefit yourself. I seem to have gone a bit pedantic, sorry.

To your point: Fear is certainly winning the day , but not without good reason. The markets have been horribly manipulated, and once again it’s to the benefit of the PTB and the loss of the rest of us. Most peoples investments are not made out of greed but simple subsistence. The average persons works and saves all their lives hoping to put enough away for their later years. Then the big players(the fed)come along and expand credit, making a killing in the process, and then contract the money supply and buy up whole empires at pennies on the dollar after the collapse.

Greed and fear; the yin and yang of economic manipulation.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistor

Properly attuned, fear is a warning (like pain) that all is not well and a situation needs to be addressed. ... the PTB love to exploit it to our detriment and their benefit.

Fear is certainly winning the day , but not without good reason.

What is the PTB?

My dog isn't afraid of a total economic collapse. In fact I don't think he'll notice much of a difference.

To be honest I just don't think he cares much about the economy. He just wants to play and be petted.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by In nothing we trust]

new topics

top topics

join