It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawsuit Against Obama Dismissed in Philadelphia Federal Court

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicalExplanation

He has presented an authentic Short-Form version of his Hawaiian Birth Certificate. I can't say if it is an "original", but if not, it is certainly a certified copy.

In fact, I am sure on one of the many ridiculous threads out there you can find the picture of it that I've posted 50 times and it will say it on the top. I am tired of doing other's work, so I won't do it this time.

reply to post by sos37

Have you seen this tape? There is a thread about it where the entire mudslinging crew of ATS members has failed to produce any actual quote or tape. I've uhh, heard a lot about it... but it's all pretty unsubstantiated.

Also, Obama has produced a legitimate Short Form Birth Certificate that has been verified by Independent parties to be real. It may not satisfy some, but others couldn't care less about what some want.

Lastly, his family put an advertisement in Hawaiian newspapers announcing his birth. This is in stark contrast to the quote that, as of yet, has failed to be substantiated at all.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
U.S. Constitution
Library of Congress

No person, except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office, who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.

This would exclude George Romney (ran for president in 1968) who was born in Mexico to American parents.

Seems the easiest response to the lawsuit would have been to send the court an original birth certificate. Why is that so hard?

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Dbriefed]

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Dbriefed]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

Again, IT DID NOT GET THAT FAR.

The case was dismissed. He never got to the point where he even had to defend himself. Lawyers always advise their defendants (guilty or not - though some would hang them already) to remain as silent as possible until necessary.

It was never necessary for Obama to speak up or provide the public with a Long-Form BC.

And people need to quit saying he hasn't provided documentation when he's clearly released a Short Form BC - and what appears to be valid one at that (corroborated by independent reviews).

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

I would also add that you need to check the US Code for the definition of what a 'natural born citizen' is. It is not being born inside the border of the US, it is being born a citizen. McCain was born in Panama, but his parents were both US citizens and his father was on active duty, so he qualifies as a 'natural born citizen'.

Is it really too much to ask that those who have such strong opinions on this subject research the topic before spouting their opinions? It's never good to go off half-cocked.

I would also point out that the odds of the Bush Administration not having the NSA look into this matter to ensure their party's continued occupation of the White House are about the same as getting hit in the head by a meteor! If that bomb was dropable, it would have been dropped by the Republicans already. Instead, it's being contested by a disgruntled Hillary supporter. Sometimes the source can tell you the motive, and in this case it has. If this case had any merit, McCain himself would be sceaming it from the stump!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
As a citizen, just to cross the border into Canada, you must have proof of identity and citizenship, plus a birth certificate. If you have had a name change such as marriage, a marriage license is required. Failing that a valid passport will do.

Name changes alone require legal proof and we all know that Obama has had those, so where is it?

This man is running for President of the United States of America. He is a Professor of Constitutional law, a position that requires that he swear to defend and uphold the Constitution.

He is a Senator, a position that requires that he swear to defend and uphold the Constitution.

He is applying for the privelege of being the most important public servant position of all, the President of the United States of America, he should be happy to do it.

Americans have to provide vital identification all the time, whether for a job or a doctor appointment. What is wrong with Obama having to do it?

There are now suits in eight states. This is unprecedented, a first in American history, where citizens are filing independently, against a candidate.

As a Professor, Obama is an expert, he knows whether he qualifies. I find it very disturbing that he is ignoring this. Look at the position he has placed the State of Hawaii, Judge Surrick and all the others that have become involved and must defend themselves. Very inconsiderate, irresponsible behavior.

What about his supporters? He frequently requests that they fight for him. This entire situation looks more and more like a betrayal. People have gone out on a limb for him, how are they going to feel if this is true? Why doesn't he just put all of this to rest?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ballast

Why don't you ask the State Department, who I am sure he did provide the documentation to.

Also, why don't you ask factcheck.org and ask them why? Meanwhile, why don't you pay the site a visit and view the documentation he did provide?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Why are you so sure the State Department checked? Are they mandated to do so? That is a very interesting statement, indeed.

Factcheck.org is connected to Annenberg which we know is connected to Obama. Therefore, in this case, they could be bias.

The birth certificate on Fight all the smears against Obama has just the front of the certificate, which for all intents and purposes is useless. The back isn't there, it wouldn't pass for ID right there.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballast
reply to post by Sublime620

Factcheck.org is connected to Annenberg which we know is connected to Obama. Therefore, in this case, they could be bias.

being a non-profit organization, The annenberg foundation must remain neutral and non partisan.

The Annenberg foundation donates to both Conservative, and Liberal charities... and cannot by law further the agenda of either political party.

If it could be proven that the Annenburg foundation was assisting the Obama campaign in any way that is less than ethical, they could and would lose their non-profit status, and would most likely fold...

Perhaps this is not being covered by the MSM, and is not being picked up by the McCain Campaign, because there is absolutely no evidence to support the claims made by Mr. Berg. Even the alleged recording of the Grandmother swearing she was present for his birth in Kenya has not ever been presented for review. In fact, we have nothing beyond Mr. Berg's word that such a recording exists.

Even if Sen. Obama was born abroad, by an American Mother, had she lived at least 5 years of her life in the United States, Obama would be an American citizen.

The fact that the president needs to be born on American soil is not entirely accurate. The future president must be a "natural born citizen". Sen. McCain was born in Panama. His Natural born Citizenship was confirmed by congress earlier this year.

This really is a non-issue. I think that the Obama detractor's time would be better spent finding other issues they have with Sen. Obama.

This is a propaganda-ist scare tactic people. Look at it for what it really is, and move on to find something else.

Edit: Grammar errors that woulda knocked your socks off...

[edit on 27-10-2008 by nj2day]

Further Edit: After searching all over fox news for any sort of hint at this story I have come up empty... Surely everyone can agree if there was an ounce of truth to this, Fox news would pick it up.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by nj2day]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ballast

Again, quit with the "these people are connected to this so...". Factcheck.org is a site that gains value by trust. People of all parties trust them to provide the truth on any matter.

You can hear Fox News reference it. You can hear CNN reference it. For them to lie to promote Obama, is for them to throw their site down the toilet. You can believe it if that's what you want. But, they didn't just say, "Hey, it's authentic!". They posted pictures that squashed all of the concerns with it (like "it's not signed and has no raised seal"). Why don't you go examine the pictures yourselves?

They also found a birth announcement placed in a Hawaiian newspaper. You have to be one hell of a conspiracy theorist to believe they had any reason to lie about it then.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicalExplanation

Originally posted by southern_Guardian

Yes Berg is unsatisfied with the real authentic birth certificate Obama presented so now he wants to make a big hoofa out of it a demand more!

The ORIGINAL birth certificate has been presented

No it hasn't.

You keep on telling yourself that.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I just found this interesting document.
smithfiles.com...
It's Barry Soetoro's school registration in Indonesia. It cleary states his religion as 'Islam'. Keep in mind Indonesia does not allow duel citizenship! Also note the doc. from the ARDC - it says nothing about Barry Soetoro. Why is he trying to hide this from everyone???
McCain should start calling him Barry.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MetatronCubensis

Have you found any documents that show his citizenship in Indonesia?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620

Have you found any documents that show his citizenship in Indonesia?

Umm, yes. look closer at the above document
3. nation a.) citizenship: Indonesia

now why did he lie to the supreme court of Illinois about not having an alias??
think he still has the Indonesian passport that he used to get into Pakistan in '81?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Do you have proof he used an Indonesian passport? I have heard this claim many times, but have yet to see any proof of this claim.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Obama traveled to Pakistan with a college friend who was from Pakistan. This friend of Obama's came from a wealthy family. So it's possible Obama's friend's family helped Obama obtain a tourist visa which allowed him to visit for three weeks. Obama stayed along with his friend at the home of the friend's family.

And even if Obama used an Indonesian passport, a passport that he used when his mother sent him to his grandparents home in Hawaii, nothing prevented him from renewing his US citizenship upon his return to the US from Pakistan.

It's amazing how many people just keep popping up recycling Bergisms. Just because Berg says that something is impossible, doesn't mean that it is.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
www.americasright.com...

On a day which saw another eligibility-related lawsuit, this one in Connecticut, bite the dust, Philadelphia attorney Philip Berg remains cautiously optimistic after taking his own dismissed case to the highest court in all the land.

"At this point, we're waiting and hoping and praying that Justice Souter rules in our favor and delays tomorrow's election," said Berg, mentioning as well that he filed a supplemental argument with the Court today. "They have the power. The United States Supreme Court has the power. They stopped the count in Florida in 2000, I was there in the panhandle when they stopped the count."

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

You had better check your facts before calling someone a moron. If you are born in another country with one parent a United States citizen, you must have lived in the U.S. for five years following your 16th birthday. Obama's mother left the country at 19, therefore was not here the five years that are required. If he was indeed born in Kenya, he would not be eligible for U.S. citizenship. A little added info.....Obama was conceived before his parents married, and when his mother was three months along she married the father. tsk tsk tsk And everyone is pointing fingers at Palin's daughter??? What about Barack himself?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It's a moot point now! CNN has just announced that Barack Obama is now the President Elect!!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Oh My, this is not going away...YET!

Obama citizenship - Supreme Court Ruling Concerning Election
Supreme Court Justice David Souter has allowed the election ballot count to continue, but has set a schedule requiring Obama to respond to lawsuit filed by Philip Berg concerning his citizenship eligibility to be president.

In a statement today, Berg said he was told by a clerk for Souter that his application for an injunction to stay the election was denied. But he also said the defendants "are required to respond to the Writ of Certiorari" by Dec. 1.

Supreme Court No. 08-570
Title: Philip J. Berg, v. Barack Obama, et al.
Docketed: October 31, 2008
Lower Ct: United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Case Nos.: (08-4340)
Rule 11

Oct 30 2008 Petition for a writ of certiorari before judgment filed. (Response due December 1, 2008)

source

Yeah, I know, WND - eeek - looking to see if I can find independent confirmation

Maybe true
SCOTUS Docket

SCOTUS denied Injunction

2 Items with separate docket numbers

[edit on 11/7/08 by redhatty]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Berg's game plan:

SOUTER DENIES PHILIP BERG'S INJUNCTION TO STAY ELECTION

(FROM: SCOTUS Docket) Realistically, folks, did anyone really suspect otherwise? Now, that doesn't mean that the Petition for Writ of Certiorari has been denied as well, but as I've written here time and time and time again, the odds of the U.S. Supreme Court hearing Berg's case--or any case, for that matter--are extremely slim. Via e-mail, Berg says that Obama, the DNC and the FEC have until December 1 to respond, and then he has a chance to respond to their response. He also mentioned that, while certainly disappointed, he was prepared for the denial of the injunction, that he is still cautiously optimistic that "the Supreme Court will do the right thing and avert a constitutional crisis," and that, if not, he's prepared to take the fight to the Electoral College.
www.americasright.com...

Here's the thing. Yesterday Obama was granted security clearance by intelligence officials. He has already begun receiving intelligence briefings, and will continue to do so on a weekly basis at least until he's inaugurated on January 20, 2009. Note that this has begun before the Electoral College have cast their votes. The Electoral College casts their votes on December 15, 2008.

Is it possible that an illegal non-resident alien could be granted security clearance simply by winning a presidential election? Wouldn't Obama not being an American citizen make him an enemy of the state at this point? Well, I don't know the actual answers to those questions, but common sense would have me believe that it would be impossible for an illegal non-resident to gain security clearance in such a manner.

At any rate, Berg has already set his sights on the Electoral College. Apparently even a SCOTUS smack down won't deter him from his dubious cause.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join