It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawsuit Against Obama Dismissed in Philadelphia Federal Court

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Sublime, I gave up trying to rationalize about this subject weeks ago. It is obvious by this point in time, both sides on the political debate are so entrenched in their views, they will actually omit, and skew facts to try and make a point. If anything comes to light that is detrimental to what they are accusing, well, then it must be fabricated.

Case in point: Obama at one point in time supplied his birth certificate. He's not obligated by law to share it with the public, but he did. Then all the nay-sayers are screaming the Birth Certificate is a fake.

Remind them that McCain was born in Panama, and they shout at you for changing the subject...

I just gave up, they will only hear what they want to hear.

That goes for both sides of the fence.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
reply to post by TheRooster

Care to explain why his family announced his birth in a Hawaiian newspaper? Did they suspect at birth that he was presidential?

At this point, saying they intentionally put a false advertisement in the paper is really pushing the conspiratorial envelope.

I'm not advocating his mother knew he would run for president some day. But is it beyond the realm of possibilities that when his mother couldn't catch the flight back to HI (and gave birth to him in Kenya), they still had to let everyone know he was born? Or is that "pushing it" to you?

I have a feeling the relatives on his fraternal side have no idea what all the fuss is about, that's why when Corso asked his fraternal granddmother what happened, she told the truth, as did the rest of them.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I believe that speculation about his birth is moot, until someone defines exactly what "Natural Born Citizen" means...

It could mean "born on U.S. soil", but since McCain was born in Panama, and it doesn't seem to be an issue, there has to be something else to it.

His mother is a U.S. citizen, which would make him a U.S. Citizen even if he was born abroad.

We need a supreme court ruling on the definition of "Natural Born Citizen" before this debate can constructively continue.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

You mean Jerome Corsi. Philip J. Corso is another guy; a ufologist.

Corsi is a right wing fraud.

If he's telling you that somebody has told him the truth about something, he's lying.

This doesn't mean that he is not telling the truth in this case, but I don't trust that he now is a purveyor of truth.

Just google "Corsi lies" and see what happens.

I don't trust Corsi.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51
He just through a bunch of stuff at the judge and said, "Deal with it."

I don't know what kind of slip that was. It's not really Freudian... But the correct word is "THREW" -- not "through".

Embarrassing.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

You know, when Obama was asked to provide a proof of birth, he did. Then folks had a problem with that. then the Hawaiian Dept. of Health answered the questions that arose, and then people didn't believe that.

So it's no wonder Obama is not going around waving his documents in the eyes of the public. It simply doesn't matter. Those who are convinced that he is not a citizen of this country cannot be swayed. The issue is just one more proxy for their hate and dissatisfaction.

And the BIG problem is that Berg presents himself as being an authority on who would be "natural born", when in fact Berg has no authority whatsoever. Even if Obama pushed his citizenship documents in Berg's face, Berg wouldn't be able to judge, ascertain, or confirm anything. It's like folks are waiting for Berg to say, "OK, boys and girls, Obama is good to go." Or vice versa. But Berg doesn't know squat, all he has are Internet rumors backing up his claims.

Now Berg is talking about a tape that allegedly has Obama's grandmother saying that Obama was born in Kenya. Only it hasn't been translated yet, and it is not yet under sworn affidavit. So the question is, how does Berg know the grandmother says on tape what he says she has said? He doesn't know! Yet he says he does!

Berg is ugly. Sorry, but I cannot hide my contempt for that man's actions for stirring up so much confusion and hate.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Do you have that quote of them "telling the truth"?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

can you provide me documentation that Obama wasn't born in Hawaii?

I mean honest documentation, not hearsay.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

He's not obligated by law to share it with the public, but he did.

Correct. He is not obliged to share it with the public.

He IS required to provide it to an election official who will attest to its validity.

Seems like they don't feel they should have to.

Or perhaps there is no elections official who has the inclination to put his official stamp on it.... which is exactly what the court just did.

This is NOT rocket science. Produce or bribe some official to say it's been done. That's all. Dang. What an ordeal.

It either is or is not technically correct to consider Obama eligible.

If it's correct. ANY judge, court official, or even Notary's certification will suffice.

Listen, contrary to the Obama-as-savior crowd seems to think, I am not resisting his eligibility. I am simply asking for an end to this political sideshow. As for those who say it's already been done, please, do your homework, and start replacing reason for faith. This isn't about 'change' and 'hope' and 'the future' - it's about a simple process.

If there are discrepancies, be they due to human error, or bureaucratic failure, then say so. But this stupidity is just 'old'.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

These sort of accusations just make me fume though...

They have taken speculation, and tried to pass it off as fact. At the same time, asked for proof that their speculation is wrong.

well, the birth certificate was produced, and that wasn't enough. Can anyone prove they are a U.S. Citizen if their birth certificate is omitted as potential evidence?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Umm, no. I don't think anyone can. I can provide two sets of documentation that he was born in Hawaii though.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
If one of your parents is an American you are automatically a citizen. This guy is a moron.

Untrue. It's about where you are born, not what your parents citizenship is. That's why illegal aliens from mexico can cross over the border and have children, and those children automatically become US citizens AKA "Anchor Babies".

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I believe Obamas citizenship is in question and I believe he has a reason to be worried. Therefore he was instructed not to produce documents. If it was even a slight question of authenticity my lawyer would no doubt tell me to reserve my rights and say or do nothing.

The guy needs to produce whatever to prove hes a natural born citizen period. If hes going to be the president it should be required.

And to the people saying this wouldnt be over even if he proved he was a citizen thats complete bull. If you show me a state certified birth certificate arguments (as I like to say) ova!

Thats all anyone needs then its done. I think you guys just want the guy to win and you would support him either way. I personally feel laws should be followed and dont want someone from another country running my country.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by Memysabu]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
reply to post by nj2day

Umm, no. I don't think anyone can. I can provide two sets of documentation that he was born in Hawaii though.

LOL sorry man,

I thought u were on the side that he wasn't born in Hawaii...

I want someone who believes Obama isn't a citizen to show me some evidence to the contrary. NOT hearsay evidence, but true, evidence.

Any conclusion reached without good, solid evidence is an opinion.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Memysabu

And to the people saying this wouldnt be over even if he proved he was a citizen thats complete bull. If you show me a state certified birth certificate arguments (as I like to say) ova!
[edit on 26-10-2008 by Memysabu]

This is the Birth Certificate supplied by the Obama Campaign:
latimesblogs.latimes.com.../photos/uncategorized/2008/06/13/bobirthcertificate.jpg

This is a random lady's hawaiian birth certificate (certified copy):

bp1.blogger.com...

Are we done with this discussion now? Does that satisfy everyone?

If you would like, here's a detailed analysis of the birth certificate:

directorblue.blogspot.com...

there ya have it...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day

I want someone who believes Obama isn't a citizen to show me some evidence to the contrary. NOT hearsay evidence, but true, evidence.

The fact that his own grandmother said he was born in Kenya should be enough. Why would she say that, especially considering how much it could potentially hurt his chances at being prez, if it wasn't true?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LogicalExplanation

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
If one of your parents is an American you are automatically a citizen. This guy is a moron.

Untrue. It's about where you are born, not what your parents citizenship is. That's why illegal aliens from mexico can cross over the border and have children, and those children automatically become US citizens AKA "Anchor Babies".

Having been stationed overseas, and seeing fellow servicemen have children with foreign nationals I beg to differ...

If one parent is an american citizen abroad, and they have a child, it is a very simple matter of contacting the local embassy, and blammo, they are a U.S. citizen.

Documentation: www.aca.ch...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LogicalExplanation

She must be mistaken. It happens.

How old is she? and how many grandchildren did she have?

did she mean Obama's half brother? he was born in Kenya.

unfortunately, this is hearsay, until she testifies under oath, or supplies an affidavit.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

It's almost like he is "made to be President" and there is nothing anyone can do about it......

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by scrubsnstuffkim
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

It's almost like he is "made to be President" and there is nothing anyone can do about it......

Its not that, as much as the republicans nominating McCain as their candidate, and the train wreck of a campaign Rick Davis is running.

The republicans could have put a more moderate candidate into place, or even probably gotten Ron Paul elected.

Instead, we get McCain...

This election was lost by the GOP back in the primaries.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join