It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government computers used to find information on Joe the Plumber

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

www.dispatch.com

"State and local officials are investigating if state and law-enforcement computer systems were illegally accessed when they were tapped for personal information about "Joe the Plumber."

Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher became part of the national political lexicon Oct. 15 when Republican presidential candidate John McCain mentioned him frequently during his final debate with Democrat Barack Obama.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Ahhh, using government computers to tear down a person who dared to question "The Messiah" of a certain political party.

Ah how Stalinesque! Well Comrades, prepare for the ways of the old Hammer and Sickle, KGB style in the guise of a "Democrat". Is this a taste of things to come under our "dear leader" Obama?

Its quite funny the hypocrisy of it all. People were going ape-sh*t over Bush's phonetaps and the domestic spying, and here we have a case where a private citizen had his own private records opened up using government computers and used to discredit and destroy him, in the name of a certain political party. Where is the outrage folks? Where is the outrage all you Obamanauts who are for privacy and no government intrusions into your lives?

www.dispatch.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10/25/2008 by GenRadek]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This is only the first time the "official government sources" got caught using "their" computers to provide info on private citizens.

This happens every day to hundreds if not thousands of people on the terrorist watch list.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

I'm not surprised. The Dems are so single minded about power not governance that it beginning to sound like satire. Any tactic and any way to protect the messiah. He won't even acknowledge the problems he realy is facing and neither will his constituancy. All they care about is winning at any cost and to hell with anyone who might not kowtow to his majesty!

Zindo

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I wonder how many times this has been used after someone asks a question he doesn't like?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
My country has reached a point where a man cannot ask a question of candidate without having his name drawn through the mud. He has been called a liar because his name isn't "Joe." (It's Samuel Joseph. He goes by JOE. My father's first name was Franklin, his middle name was Eugene, and he was known by everyone in the community as "Gene." Does it make him a liar when that's how he introduced himself?)
Someone tapped into his DMV records at least three time.
They have derided the man because he owes $1000 in back taxes. I don't know about the rest of you, but I have owed back taxes a time or two in my life. I couldn't afford to pay them at the time, but I made arrangements. What's the deal?
The MSM, with the exception of Fox News, (I know everyone on this site hates Fox. Get over it!) has done everything in its power to ruin this man's life.
Well, guess what? It may have backfired. Joe the Plumber is considering a run for office. I think he might just have a chance, because the voting public is pissed off about the way an average citizen was treated, after asking a legitimate question.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Personally, a plumber making over $250,000 a year is not your "average" plumber.

I know. I am a plumber.

But all of that aside, I am just sick of the whole Joe the Plumber phenomenon. Why anyone would WANT more information on Joe the Plumber is beyond me. Using government computers to get it makes it slightly more interesting..............errr, no it really doesnt.

It was cute, the first time. Just like when a little kid says "poo poo" the first time. You make the mistake of laughing and the kid repeats "poo poo" sixty gazillion times until you want to scream. Thats kind of how I feel about Joe the Plumber.

Its juvenile. Its repetative. Its stupid. And, its boring. We got the point.

Now cant they come up with some other $250,000 a year + "average Americans" to parade before us?

I would really like to not have to hear "Joe the Plumber" another million times between now and Nov. 4th.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Joe would like to own his plumbing company one day, that is how he would be making 250k.

But King Lord Messiah Obambi wants to tax Joe so much that he might as well forfeit his dream.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If you would give up the opportunity to make $250,000 a year in Net Income, which is what you get after all your expenses are paid, including your employees salaries, just to avoid paying higher taxes............I dont know what to say.

Or, change your business form, and pay yourself a salary of $249,000 so you personally dont fall into the higher tax bracket yourself.

What I dont understand is that the same people who want this war, also want no one to have to pay taxes. How do you think we are going to pay for all the "Shock and Awe?" It costs money. So does Homeland Security, bailouts for Corporate America, etc. And of course all the programs the right wing hates like welfare, infrastructure, R&D, and so on. Stuff aint free people.

The reason deficits go up so much under Republicans is that they want to cut taxes and increase spending. It doesnt work. Try quitting your job (or otherwise curtailing your income) and spending like a madman for a while and see what it does for your finances.

Its not rocket science. Even if we stop spending, we still need to pay taxes to get rid of this debt.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

They are going now, after the husband of an anchorwoman Barbara West who grilled Biden on Obama's policies too.
So, I guess you cant speak out against the chosen ones.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek

Ahhh, using government computers to tear down a person who dared to question "The Messiah" of a certain political party.

I agree. It's quite sickening really what liberals are capable of. Republicans might be corrupt but at least they have manners and respect.

Seriously, this Joe the plumber guy only asked Obama a simple question. It wasn't even an anti-Obama question at all, the man was just curious what would in theory happen if he were to purchase a business when Obama implements the $250k+ tax laws.

And what does the liberal media do? They dig up all this information on Joe the plumber, and publish his tax records and divorce records and all other sorts of very private and personal information on the man, and ruin his life. Now the entire country knows that Joe the plumber didn't pay his taxes a few times, and got divorced once or twice, and was arrested a few times for drug use. Now the man's life and reputation are ruined. All because he asked one question that liberals didn't want to hear.

And then Obama goes on to MAKE FUN of Joe the plumber at one of his rallies. Seriously disturbing.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

This is a rhetorical question. But, Where else are they going to find information on this guy? On a public computer? Was there any wrong doing by doing a simple search on this guy? I mean, come on now...if he is going to be used as a real life example, the we need to find out who he is in REAL LIFE!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

But the problem here is:
Workers for a certain candidate's party used government information to destroy a person's credibility. How would you like it if you asked a tough question to a candidate, and then a few days later, see your IRS records and other private information on TV? This is the problem. This is what I fear will happen if Obama becomes President and the Democrats get supermajority control. You dare question the masters? Get punished! No thanks. At least Republicans aren't this slimy.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Sure, Republicans would never release confidential information about a person because they were embarrassed by them. Does the name Valerie Plame ring a bell?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

I do remember hearing she never was a field agent or anything that would "screw up" her cover. I apologize if what I say is incorrect, but I do recall hearing that she was in no position to be "ousted" or "cover blown".

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
She was not under an active cover at the time, she was working at langley. Outing her endangered agents she had recruited while working under her cover identity.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

well it was McCain who brought him up and knew his full name

obama just answered a question on him

if anyone is to blame it might be the media not the dems

to think we are going to be under a stalinesque way shows nothing to your way of thinking

do you really think something like that would happen?

oh overexaggerance, what a word and a spelling

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Sorry.....but have you guys never heard of WATERGATE!!
All I have seen in this thread is a bunch of false outrage directed at "lib-ruhlls"...

As far as Joe, the not so truthful or licensed plumber....

Aides to the McCain-Palin campaign stated on October 24 that they "plan to spend heavily" on a new TV advertisement invoking Wurzelbacher's nickname. The ad will feature "several different people looking into the camera and saying, 'I'm Joe the Plumber.' One man accuses Obama of wanting to use the man's 'sweat to pay for his trillion dollars in new spending.

If they are using him as a political trinket.....then he is fair game. I hope the media does scrutinize him......seeing how he is McCain's tax policy poster boy. I would like to know how truthful he is.....not that "the base" cares about the truth.

Using government computers is another story....it's illegal as it is an invasion of privacy. Was there anything that said that there was a democrat proven to be involved???? I bet not.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

Well, it just goes to show who the media is in bed with. Bias is alive and well and showing its ugly head in this election. After all, Pravda was also media. Remember how great it was?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
Using government computers is another story....it's illegal as it is an invasion of privacy. Was there anything that said that there was a democrat proven to be involved???? I bet not.

You made me curious so I took a look. There was one police clerk that looked by it gives no political standing for her. So, who knows? She did get charged with gross misconduct. That is at the link below..

Toledo Blade

I also found this about someone who authorized some searches into him.

Cleveland.com

It seems that some of the checks were authorized by Ohio Department of Job and Family Services Director Helen Jones-Kelley. Who it just so happens..

Jones-Kelley has contributed $2,500 to Obama's campaign, according to Federal Election Commission records. She has refused requests to be interviewed about her support of the Obama campaign.

Of course she did say her reasons were:

Jones-Kelley said the check was done after Wurzelbacher indicated that he was considering buying a business that would make $250,000 to $270,000 a year, but reports said he was not a licensed commercial plumber and had not completed a plumbing apprenticeship program.

"Given our understanding that Mr. Wurzelbacher had publicly indicated that he had the means to purchase a substantial business enterprise, ODJFS, consistent with past departmental practice, checked confidential databases to make sure that if Mr. Wurzelbacher did owe child support, or unemployment compensation taxes, or was receiving public assistance, appropriate action was being taken," wrote Jones-Kelley. "The result of those checks have never been publicly shared."

She said the department would never access private information "for any partisan political purpose."

So there ya go. Now the question is was she just doing her job or was she politically motivated? She's really the only one that knows for sure. Its just down to if you believe her or not.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join