It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LCD Soundsystem-All My Friends-live in Manchester

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hello all - if anyone at all checks this out which I doubt will happen, it's a pretty inspired performance of one LCD's best songs, imo. Upbeat, simplistic, catchy and cool. Enjoy the weekend!

www.youtube.com...

ColoradoJens

[edit on 25-10-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Yep that's a good one.

My favourite LCD Soundsystem song is "Daft Punk is Playing at My House".

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Hey Gools, thanks for throwing 'Daft Punk" up. Perhaps it's just me, but I really like 4 or five songs from these guys (including said Daft Punk) and then am so-so on the rest. Dunno, maybe need to listen more. Here is another for that one random who'll pop on other than you! (you clearly know what to look for)

North American Scum on Letterman - imo, sounds better than the cd version. And I will learn before this evening how to embed. Sorry for the delay America -oh, wait, I mean, the world - forgive me, I'm North American Scum.

ColoradoJens

[edit on 25-10-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by Gools

...and then am so-so on the rest.

I'm the same way for most bands. I don't "fall in love" with bands much anymore. Well at least since I was 15 and fell in love with U2 when I first heard the War album (I'm still a fan of their old stuff).

I also like LCD's "Us v Them"

If you like LCD soundsystem I imagine you like The Arcade Fire?

If you want to embed videos on ATS you just need to copy the video's code from the url (everything after the equal sign in the URL box) and click on the YouTube video button at the end of the formatting tool bar just above the post box and paste in the code.

If embedding is not disabled by the person who loaded it up to YouTube it will show up here.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Yes, Arcade Fire is excellent. I can remember hearing Funeral prior to it really going big and thinking how "new" and ambitious it sounded. Thanks for the embed tip. Perhaps if you like Arcade Fire, you may enjoy The National

This one is called 'Apartment Stroy' On the Late late show in 07'

And to show my glee at embeding youtube videos (oh no ATS), here is my favorite live version of Arcade Fire's Rebellion - @Cochella

You've opened a can of worms, thanks! Seriously, thanks! Hope you enjoy.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Reply to Gools:

I changed a few but the post above wont let me edit - I thought if you checked this it you may have the proper minion look into it - I am registered - I started the thread - i can edit other posts - but when I hit edit on the post above it tells me I'm not allowed to post. Any ideas? Also, I posted a National Vid as we were discussing this earlier and then I noticed you linked the National...how interesting - same wavelenght there. Thanks again and it looks like it's working! As overbearing proof, another one you may like:

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: 'Weight of the World' in a record store:

ColoradoJens

top topics

join