It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nicotine and Fluoride link

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by beefragafragious

This is a great reminder on why I've switched to cooking and drinking distilled water only. And I don't even like distilled water that much because it comes in plastic jugs, which obviously trace amounts do get into the water. Its sad just how few people are aware of the health hazards of sodium fluoride.

I also have a bit of concern over buying pretty much any foods as water was used to process them at some point and its a good bet it may be laced with sodium fluoride. I wonder the same thing about canned sodas. I buy only canned because its not likely for much trace aluminum to be in the cans but it is likely for trace plastic to be in the plastic bottles. All of this stuff alone does next to nothing but when you stack so many slightly harmful things together its just plain bad for one's health.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiote
reply to post by Moonsouljah

I can vouch for hydrogen peroxide, been using it as a pre-brushing rinse for years.

The best way to use it IMO is to get a mouthful before you get into the shower, swish it around while you are showering and spit it out.

For non-flouride toothpaste, try Tom's of Maine. You can get it shipped for about 5 dollars a tube HERE any day of the week.

Sometimes stores like Wal-Mart carry it, if you see some go ahead and buy them out of their stock. In my experience they don't stock it often. The more you buy, the more likely they are to stock it.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Symbiote]

Tom's doesn't have sodium lauryl sulfate either. It does nothing but make toothpaste produce foam. It's also a very common allergy. If you are prone to canker soars this might be the reason why. I love how this stuff ends up in everyday items but life saving treatments take years and billions of dollars to be approved. If they make it at all.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr X
hi,
Nicotine is a natural chemical found in the tobacco plant. but it is poisonous.
from the wikipedia page

Nicotine isn't poisonous in the sense that any other drug is poisonous. Alcohol is more 'poisonous' than nicotine. The LD-50 of caffiene is 300 Mg. Is coffee 'poisonous'?

Nicotine is a very safe anti-anxiety drug. You can see 95-year-olds smoking, but you don't see many of them doing coc aine.

Nicotine is a naturally occurring chemical in the tobacco plant. It's also found in smaller amounts in tomatoes, potatoes, and other nightshade plants. The nicotine in tobacco is probably the reason while people started smoking tobacco -- it calms the nerves.

**WARNING** smoking ( and chewing ) tobacco causes cancer. There are tars and other nasty stuff in tobacco that causes cancer. If you continue to ingest it, they will grow you a tumor. But, it's not the nicotine that causes the cancer. It's the other stuff in tobacco that causes cancer.

If you want an inexpensive anti-anxiety medicine that's pracitcally harmless, try nicotine gum. It won't give you cancer, and you can use it well into your nineties. It will probably feel "addictive" as long as you use it to relieve anxiety, instead of some healthier method like yoga or meditation. Well all experience anxiety, and as long as you use nicotine to cope with anxiety, you will be addicted to it.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by amaxa]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Hmmm won't let me log in...it's a conspiracy I tell thee...

Anyway love this post you've given me another reason to love the evil weed..! Think I'll roll me a celebratory cig now...they won't be doping me with flouride the amount I get through...!

Take it easy mate good research

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by YourNuts

My sister just bought up the last remaining supply of Tom's of Maine in town because she read that the company will now have their toothpaste made in China. Yikes!

Meanwhile, to stay on topic, she doesn't buy the flouride free toothpaste because she sees no harm in the toxin being put in her toothpaste. Interestingly enough, the VA hospital where I have my teeth checked no longer uses flouride after a checkup because they have determined it to be a dangerous toxin.

Edited to try to stay on topic.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by kyred]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

there is only one kind of fluoride and it is not broken down in the body. fluoride is a chemical element and there is no way that the atoms are split in the body.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
What can be done . . ALL food and drink usually involve water..
That means pretty much everything has come into contact with
Fluoride now.

WTF ?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
according to the desani website they use local tap water but using reverse osmosis? also aquafina apparantly uses reverse osmosis
can anyoine confirm this

a while back a friend of mine told me to never drink desani water cause they do something to it.. but i dont remember what 'the something' was

aquafina has a nivce little video on how they purify there water check it out at www.aquafina.ca...

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Kr0nZ]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

Yes I can confirm this. Aquafina uses Reverse Osmosis, Ozonisation, UV treatment, Carbon filtration and Sand filtration

AnubisOfTheEast
(I can't access anything on ATS when I log in
)

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
starry-starry flag-flag.

thank you for your very relative info being brought to the surface.
i need to get me one of those smokeless cigarettes..those things rock.
they're always sold out!!!!

nicotine is one hell of a drug

just our most common method of ingestion ... kinda sucks.

-

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

The sooner you stop drinking fluoride the sooner its effects will begin to wear off. Take vitamins c, b, and especially e. If you've ever heard of hydrogen peroxide therapy. Do that. If you haven't, I would suggest researching hydrogen peroxide and its benefits to humans. Take a good dose of vitamin e with it. Vitamin E helps your body regulate and use oxygen better. Its what bmake your skin lok so nice

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I posted this to inform everyone of whats is going on in our faucets. Some of you may feel that my info was not adequate, and your right. In order for you to know the full effects of fluoride, you will HAVE to research this yourself. Never just take the word of some guy you don't know( me ). www.epa.gov and ada.org are two of my major resources. Flouride action network is another.

There are a few different items and questions I will clear up though.
1. The legal limit is not 2ppm, it is 4ppm. Go to epa's website and look yourself, i did
2. Reverse Osmosis and water distillation will get rid of most fluoride.(Brita filters do not! I've read and heard many rumors that brita filters remove fluoride, they do remove a small amount of fluoride, just enough to be able to market it as such. I know, it's dirty)
3.Nicotine is not a carcinogen at the level we get when smoking.
For this subject I sincerely, SINCERELY ask anyone who reads this, just go and google the word "HORMESIS". Read just the little you find. Because almost every single element known to man can kill us if we get too much of it.

Remember, i've accomplished step one, opening the door for anyone who has read this. It is up to you now whether you want to walk through it. Do your research, take action. Fluoride is not forced by law, it is completely voluntary and your community CAN stop the fluoridation of water if you educate people.

I really hope all this has helped somebody. I don't want my kids or anyone elses to have as messed up a grill as i did when i was a kid.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
www.dooyoo.co.uk...
for anyone looking for sodium fluoride free toothpaste, this is what i use, it can be bought in the UK quite easily, superdrug sell it, boots may do to not sure though. As for USA there's probably different brands available, you just have to look.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
look at the kids toothpastes compared to our toothpastes now it has WAY more. and i remember taking it in higher amounts cuz i would eat it for the taste! why should a kid even have that if it can harm them at all? that sucks pretty much NO one knows about this.

SHOLUDNT THIS BE THE STUFF ON THE NEWS? everyone NEEDS to know this stuff!

i have been thinking a lot i dont know if this would matter to you but when we get older on our death beds dont you think we look back and truly realize what was important and what never mattered and i gaurentee the only thing that matters is the people you meet,and touch, the things you teach yourself and the things you truly want to understand.=] anything society and money and cars or anything like that wont matter ya know? but wouldnt it be really hard you have had # that can effect who you are. just imagine now until you are 60.
where at in your head does imagination come from? i have a pretty vauge memory of what my imagination truly was when i was a kid but i remember i would never want anyone to teach me or if they couldn't teach me then ALTER me so i could learn easier from everything THEY wanted me to. i swear life was a lot better when people knew for them selvelves what was right and wrong and didnt have to be taught about it.
i think thats why we are never depressed to much when we are taught to have fun with life in elementery and explore for ourselves everything we want to do in our WORLD! those were the good days.we all thought for ourselves and didnt need to be taught what we needed to know

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Smoking Helps Protect Against Lung Cancer
And here are some of the mice who helped to prove it!
www.vialls.com...

Therapeutic effects of smoking
www.forces.org...

Brain cells work differently than previously thought: Nicotine helps to spark creativity
www.sott.net...:+Nicotine+helps+to+spark+creativity

Nicotine and Synaptic Plasticity in Prefrontal Cortex
stke.sciencemag.org...;2007/399/pe44?ck=nck

A Cigarette Chemical Packed With Helpful Effects?
www.washingtonpost.com...

Your Brain Boots Up Like a Computer
www.livescience.com...

Tryptophan, Niacin Protect Against Alzheimer's
www.communicationagents.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by educatedfool
Tom's doesn't have sodium lauryl sulfate either. It does nothing but make toothpaste produce foam. It's also a very common allergy. If you are prone to canker soars this might be the reason why. I love how this stuff ends up in everyday items but life saving treatments take years and billions of dollars to be approved. If they make it at all.

Just wanted to correct you on this. I've been trying out different fluoride-free toothpastes. Tom's of Maine does have Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. I stopped using it mid-way through the tube after I discovered this fact. You may want to try Kiss My Face. It is both fluoride and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate-free.

Tom's Of Maine - Sodium Lauryl Sulfate

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Great post,Ive done that research my self..

I have started to use Fluoride-Free toothpaste, and I smoke, not much, but I smoke.
My question: do you know any reason for the UV-radiation of our drinking water? I read that it dont do that much good, rather making bacteria mutating instead, and does it help to boil water to get rid of Fluoride?

Thanx .!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I didn't read the entire thread, but..

How about distilled water? Or would the fluoride accompany the water molecules via air to the other container? Anyone tried this and can verify?

[edit on 13-1-2009 by Clear]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
i think it's about time to quit smoking...

of all the other problems cigarettes cause to the rest of your body, the fact that it contains fluoride is enough for me!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion

Surely, you're not suggesting that Americans who drink tap water would be better off getting hooked[/url] [!!!] on a allegedly carcinogenic drug, nicotine?

As far as I know, the carcinogens are in the smoke, not the nicotine per se.

If you have a relevant link, please share.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join