It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nicotine and Fluoride link

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

You can get a reverse osmosis 7 stage water filtration unit.
It will remove 99% of the fluoride,chlorine and drugs in your drinking water.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I stopped using toothpaste several years ago and my teeth have never been better and my body healthier. I just use a plain toothbrush with water to brush my teeth and floss twice a day - and a little baking soda every now and then to polish them. We don't have fluoride in our drinking water. The pediatrician tried to shove vitamins+fluoride on my child - I buy just the regular vitamins without the added fluoride instead. The problem stems back umpteen years ago when scientists discovered an area where there were folks with "no cavities." They tested the water and discovered it had an abundant amount of fluoride in it - so gee, must be the fluoride that helps teeth. Errr - wrong. What they also discovered but failed to report and draw conclusions on was that the water also had a high amount of calcium & phosphorus, in high bioavailability (believe calcium phosphate). That's actually what your teeth are made of. Anywho, the calcium + phosphorus - and most likely these folks also had sufficient vitamin D in their body to assimilate the calcium - caused the "no cavities" - not the fluoride.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I would not recommend smoking to anyone. I started smoking 6 years ago after reading medical research that nicotine increases cognitive function by as much as 40 percent. It was considered for Alzhiemers but rejected because of the addictiveness. I am sure I can find the research if anyone is interested.

As for flouride, there is some research that implies it stays in the bones forever and may be a cause for increasing osteoporosis...which the drug companies have a few pills to prevent.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
I started smoking 6 years ago after reading medical research that nicotine increases cognitive function by as much as 40 percent.

Seriously? You started smoking for that?

Yeah that research is legit, I can also vouch for that. Nicotine gum would have sufficed though! Methinks anyways.

As for flouride, there is some research that implies it stays in the bones forever and may be a cause for increasing osteoporosis...which the drug companies have a few pills to prevent.

That was included in research by Luke that I posted as well.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damage22
You can get a reverse osmosis 7 stage water filtration unit.
It will remove 99% of the fluoride,chlorine and drugs in your drinking water.

Something tells me that will also filter 99% of the money out of my bank account

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by YourNuts

They also make toothpaste that is Sodium lauryl sulfate free as well... But let's leave that for another topic.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by beefragafragious
I've been doing research on fluoride for the past few weeks. What I uncovered is truly frightening. We've been told that fluoride is good for our teeth, but every single research report shows that this is not true at all. That fluoride has not, in one case, been helpful in tooth health. What is does do is quite interesting. It is a neuro-toxin, it attacks the nervous system. It is a by-product of fertilizer and aluminum production, therefore it bonds to aluminum quite well. The brain cannot tell the difference between fluoride and a hydrogen ion, allowing the fluoride to deposit itself within brain tissue. It inhibits cholergic activity, which which basically is the function your body uses to turn off receptors in the brain and body. The inability to turn these receptors off creates feelings of inner tension, restlessness, and the inability to stay still. Usually involving: constant pacing, purposeless movement of the feet and legs, and marked anxiety. Sound familiar? These are the symptoms so readily described as ADD or ADHD. Fluoride will enter the brain easily carrying with it the attached aluminum. Large amounts of aluminum have recently been associated with Alzheimer's and Parkinson;s disease. The International Society for Fluoride Research(ISFR)
has reported studies implicating fluoride as a cause of chronic fatigue syndrome, sleep disorder, autism, down syndrome.
There's more.
Fluoxetine hydrochloride (Prozac, Fontex, Ladose, Sarafem.) Fluoxetine is an anti-depressant, anyone who knows what these evil drugs are capable of will know the danger this presents.
Another use for Fluoride? Methylphosphonofluoridate, or Sarin nerve gas or more commonly know as mustard gas.
Ever wonder how the Nazi's were able to get millions of Jews to walk themselves into their own death willingly? Fluoride has a profound effect of causing people to become more docile and open to suggestion.
It makes you think twice about why people in this country don't seem to care about whats going on. Its not their fault entirely.
There is so much more on fluoride, I could put a lot more, but now I will show you where nicotine fits into the picture.
Nicotine, most know of it through smoking and tobacco use. I've always wondered why the US Government is so adament with anti-smoking and tobacco usage. The carcinogenic properties are bad yes, i don't condone smoking. I do however condone nicotine gum, or other nicotine treatments. Here is why.
Nicotine has an adverse effect on fluoride.
REmember how fluoride inhibits choleric activity? Nicotine excites them, rebounding and undoing fluorides effect. Nicotine is being used as a treatment for ADD and ADHD, Alzheimers, Parkinson's disease. I will not list the rest, for every single ailment fluoride is known to cause, nicotine has the reverse effect.
It makes you wonder, why people who smoke may find a considerably less effect from prozac and other anti-depressents. Why most people with ADD and ADHD develope into smokers. WHY DO MOST DOCTORS SMOKE .
Parkinson's disease is your brain's ability to recieve and use dopamine from the the blockage or death of braincells in the motor regions. The cause is UNKNOWN. On a side note, i'll mention again how fluoride enters the brain tissue easily and deposits aluminum at will, which has a conspicuous effect of killing brain cells and clogging up dopamine receptors. The most common treament is levodopa, a drug that increases dopamine levels, so that what receptors and brain cells you have left can recieve a better supply of dopamine. Funny, nicotine has the same effect. on a large level. LArge enough so that it becomes addictive. Your brain becomes used to the higher dopamine count, so when the dopamine stops coming, your brain says "hey, i want some more 'o' that."
There is a lot more info. Here are some links for your own further research.
www.epa.gov, www.fluoridealert.org, www.fluorideresearch.org...

great post...i was going to start a thread about the anti-smoking campaign thats going on all over the world at the moment...i could never understand why the powers that be..who..apparently... want to kill lots of us..would ban smoking which does just that....maybe this is the reason..

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Wow! Great posts! Thanks for that. I am a smoker, and i tend to drink more milk a juice than water. My roommate used the flouride free toothpaste for a while. I think i will go invest in some myself now. Oh, would you look at the time, time to smoke!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
This thread has encouraged more then one person to start smoking and to stop brushing their teeth! That's friggin awesome

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
There are few quicker ways to be dismissed as a quack fringe conspiracy theorist than to mention that there is "something in the water."

It's such a huge up-hill battle, and I don't even know where to start.

Does anyone have any advice on how to increase public awareness in my area, and fight to have this toxic chemical removed from the water supply? Most people I bring it up to look at me like I just suggested that they should eat a kitten because aliens say they are good for you.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by maus80

Does anyone have any advice on how to increase public awareness in my area, and fight to have this toxic chemical removed from the water supply? Most people I bring it up to look at me like I just suggested that they should eat a kitten because aliens say they are good for you.

Grab a toothpaste tube and read them the warning label:

If swallowed contact Poison Control immediately!

and then pour them a glass of water.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Very, very interesting.

In the past few years, I have always had two "modes" of diet.

I either don't smoke and drink pure (unfluoridated) water, or I drink lots of coke (made with fluoridated tap water) which makes me crave cigarettes and then I smoke.

Makes sense to me. I guess my body wants that nicotene for a reason.

Thanks for posting!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

There have actually been numerous studies linking caffeine consumption with nicotine cravings.

I think nicotine also triggers cravings for caffeine.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by maus80]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Okay, I know it was dumb. Old as I am, I still make lots of mistakes.

Apoligies for repeating information. Failed to see it.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

JipStix,

I can tell you some of the things that I practice and my health situation has improved in a huge way. I drink distilled water because I don't want anything in my water except water; I think a natural spring (if you have access to one) would also be excellent. I changed my diet to raw food (fruits and veggies uncooked)...fruits are the source for the cleanest water you can find. Within 3 months I was back to my 18 year old weight (although I was 32 years old when I started and more than 40 pounds overweight). I had first tried exercise but gained no marked improvement to my weight and how I felt. My diet change made all the difference in the world to me. It has been over 5 years and I am thrilled with my health. I sleep perfectly, my weight is exactly what I want, I have no skin problems now and my mind is clear and sharp in comparison. I also have not been sick since I changed my diet (I used to get sick at least once a year). I take no pharmaceuticals. You can do searches on Raw Food and get the information you need for free. I use MSM and Fulvic as supplements but I didn't at first and still experienced huge health improvements. I have found that fluoride (as awful as it is) is not the only thing we need to avoid...MSG, aspartame, and propylene glycol are just some of the scary things in processed food that will destroy a healthy condition...that's why I trust raw fruits and veggies. If you feel you don't want to go this route you can make sure the ingredient list on your food items is short and recognizable and wild caught fish and organic meat is important if you don't want to be a vegetarian (eating sick animals creates sick people). Best wishes to you and anyone who finds this information helpful; God help us all.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Good thread beef and great video (1st page) marsha. If you don't know much about fluoride watch the video.

This kind of thing infuriates me to a maximum

Poisoning people and claiming it to be good health.
If it will help move their agenda forward they will act without hesitation. These inbred scum have no moral compass. Revolution is seeming like the only answer because peaceful protesting is not achieving much.

Prozac is pretty much a fluoride pill, stay away from the filth.

Wishing you all a healthy and happy life. Take advantage of 'choices' you have while you still have them.

Peace

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
reply to post by moocowman

Not to worry. Apparently they no longer Fluoridate the water in the UK, either.

www.anhcampaign.org...

[edit on 26/10/08 by Lebowski achiever]

good article thanks for that

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Wow, good post although many new questions were advanced in the replies than inferences to the original post.
I'd like to throw in my two dollars(soon to be equaled to 1929 pennies-lol).
I'm in my early 20s and was diagnosed with ADD around 11yrs or so. Since then I have been prescribed Dexadrine or generically DextroAmphetamine- its basically legal speed and I believe certain armies have issued it to pilots for long flights. I'm pretty hyper at times but never felt worthy of the H in ADHD so I consider myself just ADD. I've always grappled with the BS of ADD and thought maybe I was just a slacky generation-whatever. I do enjoy the feeling I get on speed pills(my only prescribed med) but it does almost seem conspiratorial how easily I've had access to it through the years. My heart truely goes out to the children of today- they're exposed to chemicals and savage "vaccines" from day one and when they're f*cked by 10 they're get more synthetic chemicals as a cure-real nice modern world.

I grew up in the same house until adulthood and we had tap water from the ground. After looking at a good deal of Fluoride info I concluded that it was likely bad and at the least unnecessary. So I've since switched over to baking soda powder for the teeth. My guess is that ground or well water in rural America hass relatively less fluoride than city water so I've wondered about my exposure as a youth. I do remember having to bite on that fluoride foam thing at the dentist when I was young- absolutely terrible!
The original post was also interesting because I've never heard the tobacco-ADD link but I am a smoker since about 14yrs old. My parents never smoked but I picked it up through peers. I could totally see a propensity for ADDers to not only pick it up but also satisfy those impulsive brain triggers. I'm trying to quit but am interested in the nicotine benefits expressed earlier in the post. I'm always ranting about fluoride to my friends and family and they always get me back by saying,"and your smoking ismuchbetter." Now I'll have at least some refutation there.
Now a city-dweller, Ive also switched over to the Reverse-osmosis gallon jugs from the grocery store but I'm paranoid to the extent that I'm not entirely confident in those filling-machines. Anyone with info? Also those gallon jugs seem very shady. Why bother pouring clean-water into a jug that's dirty and has Bph? Anyone?-DO those cheap gallon jugs have BPH?
I've entirely cut out soda/pop from my diet but do buy an occasional coffee which I totally assume has fluoride water. Also, I do like beer and put faith in microbreweries for quality over the cheapies but I'd really love to see a beer bottled that said "brewed using only reverse osmosis water." I'd probably buy that beer exclusively-forget the taste of the rockies. Ive read that Cheap wines are very high in fluorides and wish I knew or had a reference to check the levels. Anyone?

Those of you with questions on how fluoridation became standard practice in US drinking water- I've read and heard that as a byproduct of metal production(true) that the metal industry has lobbied with the ADA eliminate their waste via human consumption. If they're selling this crap to water utilities rather than paying them to take it- they're making a killing!
I have read that in Mountainous parts of Western India and Pakistan the ground water is so heavily fluoridated naturally that the WHO has stepped in to DE-fluoridate.-interesting.
But I think ATSers are wise enough or at least capable of entertaining the idea fluoride is in our water for ulterior reasons than tooth-decay prevention.
I believe its mostly for pacification purposes-Where else in the world could George Bush be re-elected and then this contrived 2008 election take place? America baby. To Non-American ATSers- most Americans are the most zombied-out animate units on the planet; they are oblivious to the reality around them and soon we'll see the price for this.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The worst part is the effect on the pleanal(spl) gland in the brain. if you look up the effects you will understand why twelve year olds look 18. It effects quite abit.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Also, as a suggestion to people wanting to drop the Fluoride toothpastes- I don't think anyone has recommended Arak or Peelu yet. This is a wildly abundant bush plant throughout east Africa to India that can be chewed to whiten and clean teeth. You can buy toothpaste with it. I live next to an Somalian neighborhood in Minneapolis and you can buy the twigs at shops and chew them. The taste is odd but man you're teeth feel clean when you're done. Not surprisingly I'm pretty sure wide protest was sparked in India when a TNCorporation tried to come in and buy the rights to the Peelu plant and sell the locals it in a wrapper. This would make chewing a branch you pulled off the tree illegal. Gotta love Corporations.
Also, hydrogen peroxide can suffice for fluoride mouth rinse- its kind of weird though. There are also non-fluoride mouth rinses/antiseptics.

I just want everyone to please consider the children in this. It sounds cleche, but they really don't deserve fluoridation subjugation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join