It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Packs of robots will hunt down uncooperative humans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Packs of robots will hunt down uncooperative humans

www.newscientist.com

The latest request from the Pentagon jars the senses. At least, it did mine. They are looking for contractors to provide a "Multi-Robot Pursuit System" that will let packs of robots "search for and detect a non-cooperative human".

One thing that really bugs defence chiefs is having their troops diverted from other duties to control robots. So having a pack of them controlled by one person makes logistical sense. But I'm concerned about where this technology will end up.

Given that iRobot last year struck a deal with Taser International to mount stun weapons on its military robots, how long before we see packs of droids hunting down pesky demonstrators with paralysing weapons? Or could the packs even be lethally armed?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I wonder just how far this technology has been developed ? I would not be surprised if there are some porto types already running around out there with there orders .
It would not be that far off base to assume that these such robots would also be used for assignations of undesirable world leaders .
Just think a tiny army of robots each with there own specialty could end the need for a conventional war all together .
This may prove to be more troublesome to some world leaders then anti missile technology .

www.newscientist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Eeesshhh. Good post. I have seen the robo-dogs before and the idea of being chased by a pack of those things is terrifying. Clearly the project has expanded to the point where, according to the exports quoted, they can sense breathing and heart patterns, and have already contracted to load tasers on them. I wonder how much the destruction of the economy will slow down the entrpenuers getting into the racket? I guess there is one still booming business; demonic robot dogs that will hunt you down in packs and taser the living crapchild out of you. - Next years version to be updated with a .50cal! Thanks again for the info - out of this world.

Imagine running for you life from eight of these:

www.youtube.com...

Yikes!

ColoradoJens

[edit on 25-10-2008 by ColoradoJens]

[edit on 25-10-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Where's Magnus when we need him?

Robot, meet Remington... few rounds of 00 should be just what the doctor ordered for these rascals...

top topics

join