It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news: Stephenville Texas buzzed by UFO's again!!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by silver6ix

It is working fine...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Lastone

LOL It hasnt worked all day, but yes now its working fine.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I would like to propose something: just like the movie a few good men when Tom Cruise asks for the truth he is told by Jack Nicholson that we can't handle the truth. IMO I think that Jack Nicholson is correct. We can in the abstract say yeah we can be told the truth (whatever that may be-Yes aliens are here) but what happens if we are told that those in control has been in collusion with Aliens to get the technology so that they obtain and retain power and you do know that power is never let go that easily. If this does comes out, civil war or even worse may result. In the field people must ask themselves does the means justified the ends and in this case does the pursuit of the truth which may lead to many deaths be justified. I suggest that like the old proverb be careful of what you wish for. For the truth can be twisted and coloured until it becomes a weapon by itself. I myself would also like to know the truth but at what price...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I remember reading last spring, when the initial reports were coming in from Texas, one poster's hypothesis as to.....why Stephenville?

What he/she had done was plot the mufon reports across Texas through time, and they seemed to extend from northwest to southeast, across the state. Then, on top of that, a plot was then made of the debris path of the shuttle that was destroyed upon re-entry, in 2003 if I'm not mistaken. The 2 lines were eerily similar, and the hypothesis was that the UFO's were, ....looking for something. Something that may have been on that shuttle. I'm going to search for that post, I found it very interesting.

After Stephenville, the reports kept extending southeastward.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
So, do you think it was destroyed by a UFO and then the UFO went looking for something they picked up?

That's intresting.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by Shawn B.]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by Acidtastic

I would like to propose something: just like the movie a few good men when Tom Cruise asks for the truth he is told by Jack Nicholson that we can't handle the truth. IMO I think that Jack Nicholson is correct. We can in the abstract say yeah we can be told the truth (whatever that may be-Yes aliens are here) but what happens if we are told that those in control has been in collusion with Aliens to get the technology so that they obtain and retain power and you do know that power is never let go that easily. If this does comes out, civil war or even worse may result. In the field people must ask themselves does the means justified the ends and in this case does the pursuit of the truth which may lead to many deaths be justified. I suggest that like the old proverb be careful of what you wish for. For the truth can be twisted and coloured until it becomes a weapon by itself. I myself would also like to know the truth but at what price...

What you are predicting here doesnt account for the worst case scenario. In tha scenario given that the coverup would likely be by certain groups, world leaders could easily appease the public by throwing a few heads to the chopping block.

If its being covered up it cannot stay under wraps. What is going to be worse? People finding out via other means, or people finding out via governments exposing it?

The other scenario is that if such organisations are covering up secret technology, keeping the world oil dependand and operating out of greed, how many people are already DEAD and dying because of it.

Doesnt matter how you look at it, something of this significance MUST be bought into the light and be handled by society as a whole across the planet. The worst possible thing is that such an event is handled by shadow figures in dark rooms with their own agendas because the only path that will ever lead down is one thats bad for everyone.

Lets not pretend these people care about us because that would be fasle, if they are in this then they are in it for the money and if a few wars happen and a few million die, they wont care as long as its profitable.

In this case its whatever it takes to bring this subject into the light because thats the only place it will ever be safely and resonsibly handled.

You dont want ten years down the line to be attacked from space due to decisions made by greedy corrupt and aggressive organisations who bit off more than they could chew.

In all honesty I dont think society is likely to crumble at the reality, I think deep down in most peoples minds they already know theres lies and deception here and the most likely reaction would be one of relief that the veils have finally parted.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
CaliJersey here.

Regarding lights on the craft. That's a good question. Like others have noted, I believe the lights might have something to do with the propulsion system.

Someone made a good point about the UFO hoaxer from Orange County who flies around his remote controlled UFO. I think all of those people who saw this thing should be brought together and shown THAT FAKE UFO that the hoaxer flies around at night to be able to tell us, definitively, that that's what they saw or wasn't what they saw. I mean we're talking about the biggest discovery ever. Shouldn't coordinating something like this be considered important?

Mod note: Removed references to log in problem. If the poster will contact a mod via U2U the next time they are here, this can surely be resolved.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by starcraft

Shuttle Debris Field

Does anyone have the reports from mufon to overlay?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
In the field people must ask themselves does the means justified the ends and in this case does the pursuit of the truth which may lead to many deaths be justified.[...]

Do you not hold truth to be as important as freedom? In fact, I would argue that one can not exist without the other, but people are willing to fight and die for freedom - or even a notion of it - as we speak. Wouldn't people fight and die for truth just as valiantly? And shouldn't they?

I myself would also like to know the truth but at what price...

Just for the sake of argument, let's assume intelligent extra-terrestrial life exists out there but hasn't visited our planet yet. Even assuming their civilization(s) aren't/isn't exploring space, ours is - gradually and exponentially - so it would only be a matter of time for our civilizations to notice each other.

Assuming there is a group of people who know about an alien contact or presence and are covering it up, I compare those efforts to those of a mother trying to shield her son or daughter from the world. You can't, it's inevitable. You can only delay it.

I don't think there's a price too high for truth, as the denial of truth comes at an infinitely greater cost - as I believe it's evident to everyone seeing what's happening in the world right now.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Alright folks, more lights over Northwest Arkansas. Tonight I had my camcorder with me, but the thing bugged out before I even got a chance to pull the car over.

This thing is big. This makes the Fourth sighting I've had in a month. And tonight's was the third of which that was witnessed by more people than just myself.

Tonight it was a miniature version of the Phoenix Flying V. People can take from it what they will, but I have no reason to lie.

If this continues to occur, it is just a matter of time before I can catch one on vid. Hopefully I can add some good footage to the discussion within the next couple of days.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Jay, I'm south of Ft Smith, along the border. Which way was it heading? What was it doing? How long did you watch it? Was there an indication of size?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

It occurs to me that if the Air Force is doing training exercises in an area that has UFO hype, and they are going to be using odd lights as part of the exercise, they could announce it BEFORE the exercise rather than wait till the calls come in.

Living on US Air Force bases for the past 5 years....the Air Force does not announce exercises. Many times, while living on a base, excercises were being held and I had no clue. I dont expect the AF to now start announcing.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

It was stationary, again, over Fayetteville until it winked some of its lights out and bugged out to the east at a high rate of speed. My best guess at size would be a few hundred feet in length, but that is a tough judgement to make as, once again like thursday night, I was in a moving car. To make matters worse, I was driving this time.

I tried to pull over, but as soon as I was pulling off to the side, three of its lights winked out and it took off at a pretty high rate of speed.
Its altitude was low. It appeared to be no more than 200 feet above the treetops.

Considering that this is a sidenote to the main topic of discussion, I would like to add to everyone that I have had my eyes peeled to the skies for quite some time now. Many years. And I have NEVER seen as many sightings as I have as of late. Things are definately ramping up. This year alone I'm up to Six sightings.
I make no claim as to what they are. If they are military, the military is ramping up its secret project test flights for all to see. If it is something else, they are making themselves more noticable. These facts are firm.

Forgot one of your questions. I observed it for about 30 seconds. Long enough to get my wife to notice it, see if it was moving and then decided to pull over and get the camcorder. Then it took off.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by danx

I don't think there's a price too high for truth, as the denial of truth comes at an infinitely greater cost - as I believe it's evident to everyone seeing what's happening in the world right now.

I don't think there is denial of the truth, but "delaying" of the truth.

Aliens don't reveal themselves because they don't want to--once they do people will want answers to everything: technology, spirituality, free rides in space, and elimination of all our problems. Are you Christians, Muslims, Satanists, etc...? Was Jesus real? Did you kill our cattle, kill people, create our genetic code? Why do you kidnap people against their will? Build us a FTL spaceship, make us all thin and never grow old!

Santa Claus syndrome...I'd be hesitant to reveal myself too.

What if they did reveal themselves and choose not to answer anything? People would be fearful and distrustful and demand they leave our planet since we wouldn't want some creatures flying around at will, that answer to no one or were "above the law". What if they say "no"...ha, now we'd be screwed wouldn't we? No more "swamp gas" excuses to hide behind, we'd have accept some alien creatures could spy, kidnap, or manipulate our planet in ways we couldn't fathom; conspiracies would grow 100 fold since now we know they truly exist.

It's all or nothing...if the aliens don't want to reveal themselves fully then those in power or in-the-know wouldn't be helping us at all if they spoke up--it would just lead to more questions and open a huge can of worms for most of the human population.

Ok...done hijacking the thread.

[edit on 10/27/08 by Atomic]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Oh by the way, I'll go ahead and relay to you a sighting I had a couple of weeks back, as it is related to happenings in Ft. Smith.

I was out on a jobsite in Southern Washington county when my coworker and I saw some A-10s out of Ft. Smith flying sorties overhead. I thought it a little odd so I started watching them, they were doing laps overhead.

Then I saw it. Small cylindrical object flying lower and faster in the opposite direction.

At the time I had little reason to doubt that the Warthogs were searching for this object and it appeared that the object was toying with them. Pretty cool sighting.

Anyhow, this all comes back to the point that these things are starting to become commonplace.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Atomic

I assume they would have a purpose. Unless we presum to know what that purpose may be, we know very little at all. Either way. humanity has to grow up sometime, sticking our head in the sand and pretending it isnt there is not a better solution.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by predisposed

That is a great comment.
But if man were to make the same space ship as Aliens, as if
there were only one way technology wise, then the Alien ship
would be the same as the man made type which necessitated lights.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
[edit on 27-10-2008 by son of PC]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by spacebagel

Humm, lets see. Faraday imagined the magnetic field.
And still no one has EVER seen it.
Yet it exists and might power UFOs.
Then there is the electric fields.. again no one has seen that.
I could go on and on of things we will never see.
Yet they exist like the UFO.

Sure some dumb ATS poster as myself couldn't figure out
'Alien' propulsion systems for interstellar space and travel the Cosmos.

But I did it all by myself.
OK, I lied, a little birdie told me.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Teeky]

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Teeky]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join