It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news: Stephenville Texas buzzed by UFO's again!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Here's a question i've never heard people ask: why would aliens put lights on their craft? I mean, if they truly are extraterrestrial, then they would be millions of miles from home. There would be no need for lights. I do believe in aliens and ufo's, but i think ones which are seen that have lights on them are man-made secret craft. Only humans would think to put lights on them. I guess technically, even if they are man-made, they are still considered UFO's. Opinions?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Long time lurker, just registered in order to reply to this.
I saw the video myself earlier this morning and must say I'm very happy that sightings are now receiving mainstream media attention!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Light2u

Well, I can't comment on the size of the object. I was moving and it was not. It was hanging pretty high DIRECTLY OVER the University. At least 700 feet up, I'd say. Since I was traveling northbound on 540 at about 80mph, I didn't have an opportunity to do any calculations.
If I were to guess, I'd say it was fairly large, but without the chance to go through the gambit of measurement techniques, I couldn't say for sure. Furthermore, considering the fact that it was stationary, I may not have been able to get an accurate measurement anyhow. I would need to have known it's location in comparison to mine and its altitude.
On second thought, I may be able to back to the location and try to get measurements on memory, not that they would be very reliable.

No blue lights. Orange, red and green. Multifaceted, changing often.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by hande

I highly doubt the credibility of this graph. The axes are wrong, it was made by someone who knows very little about how to make a graph.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
One more thought for anyone interested. I've seen mention in this thread about how this thing MUST be manmade because it is showing up in the same location.

I'm not so sure about that. Remember, this area is home to one of the OLDEST UFO sightings on record. Supposedly there is actually an alien buried near Stephensville.

ET phone home.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Its another point worth bearing in mind. If popular suggestion is true and our military have captured craft and alien then we might be looking at the hot spots as being investigations trying to find out what happened to those ships and those people.

Its interesting that USA secret bases and military institutions get a lot of attention, maybe they are aware that the USA military has some things it ought not to have.

Thats a worry really, I wouldnt like to think an alien race would conclude its investigation to the tune of "humans shot down and killed our pilots" as im pretty sure they would be less than impressed.

Its very dangerous that the military can handle this stuff without public scrutiny and decisions, we simply dont know what kind of trouble they will (maybe already have) get us into.

The longer the military are alllowed to unilaterally poke a proverbial stick into the wasps nest, the great the risk of things turning ugly id suggest. They cant be trusted to act in our best interests.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by silver6ix

I see what you're saying and I agree. However, the Stephensville encounter I'm referring to occured at a time when we didn't have any means, I can think of, to even shoot them down. Didn't that situation happen in the early 1900's. In any event, the craft in question struck what was the equivalent of the town square. It crashed, on its own, into a water tower in town. The pilot was killed and buried in a nearby cemetary.

That is if you believe the story, anyhow. In any event, it could help explain why Stephensville is a hot-spot.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I would imagine that an extraterrestrial craft would be concerned with its safety also. And thus, have navigation lights on also. I wouldn't expect that just because something is alien they don't use lights.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
ONE YOUTUBE USER COMMENTED THIS

here's a question i've never heard people ask: why would aliens put lights on their craft? i mean, if they truly are extraterrestrial, then they would be millions of miles from home. there would be no need for lights. i do believe in aliens and ufo's, but i think ones which have lights on them are man-made secret craft. only humans would think to put lights on them.

source is from the original place

i think this is a very good point. all of you are acting like this is some ET craft, at least that is the way it seems.

I think it is more likely that it is infact man made us military craft, and they are just flying around here, as if on purpose for public reaction.

For almost half a century we have been developing craft with electromagnetic propulsion space drive tech. If not i suggest you guys research the UFO hackers manual/guide, i forget which it is called.

I think its prob our gov taking the piss.

We undoubtedly have the craft to do so.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by predisposed

I think theres no basis for that either. Again its already been suggested by serious studies into UFO that these being military craft is highly unlikely, other governments and intelligence would know if that was the case.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Actually the ships use the lights so wherever they may be Earth or elsewhere they can mimic the lights of aircraft and or stars if they choose too!

The ships are also able to mimiic different sounds.

Who knew,,,,hmmmmm I knew.

Ufo's are just known as the ships..... air and water. The beings are Terrestrial because they have been here longer then us and they consider Earth there's and they are also Extraterrestrial because they DO travel the Universe. hmmmmm multi-taskers

[edit on 26-10-2008 by observe50]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The space shuttle has lights on it...

Not a 1 liner.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

WOW Just found this thread so I haven't had a chance to read it all yet but at least I know what I'll be doing for the next hour. Another great post from the great UFO hunter! Thanks!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by claireaudient
Long time lurker, just registered in order to reply to this.
I saw the video myself earlier this morning and must say I'm very happy that sightings are now receiving mainstream media attention!

"sightings are now receiving mainstream media attention!"

Exactly.......

One question ... WHY ?? Why now??

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
When the military states they were conducting training exercises, why do people automatically mention that they in fact saw F16's AFTER the UFO. Thus concluding that they were "chasing it." Has it occurred to anyone that the lights themselves are part of the training exercise?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
You know it just occurred to me maybe the Air force should redesign all their aircraft to be circular crafts with colored lights circling around them.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Listen, Photos and videos are yesterdays news!

Nobody is going to believe there are Aliens, UFOs, till they fly over our own head or they fly over time square or fly over the super bowl.

How many videos and photos are out there, they are all the same!

They are so many jokers out there with the tools to fake thigs like this, they get a kick out of doing it and all the attenion they get.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Public sightings are good though, especially ones like this with multiple independant witnesses.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lastone
"sightings are now receiving mainstream media attention!"

One question ... WHY ?? Why now??

Because interest in UFOs is cyclical among the public. And right now, we are in an upswing on public interest. That is the only reason; we go through this at least once a decade. Nothing more.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Sorry but I disagree. Im certyainly old enough to remeber and im afraid this is the first time its really been given any serious attention.

Any attention it got ten years ago was accompanied by mocking and derrogatory statements, it was treated with derision by mainstream media and always has been.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join