It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news: Stephenville Texas buzzed by UFO's again!!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Wow,

I like how CNN made a story out of an UFO sighting and that they linked the F-16s to the lights and all. It just never ceases to amaze me that there aren't that many people out there with a still hand!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by Helmkat

Humans like to put themselves squarely in the middle of the universe. We are SO amazing, SO intelligent, MASTERS of our planet. Imagine this scenario: Being told "well you are not unique and actually a bit handicapped compared to your peers" and that our planet is only on loan to us. This would be a huge blow to our racial ego and one we may not recover from. Full disclosure may not happen for several generations or at all if we can't "Straighten out our act" as my parents would say.

I think - if we're talking about "disclosure" - whatever that means ultimately

and we try to imagine what our reaction really would be - whether they reveal themselves - or, information about them is revealed to us by our own kind - regardless - I think what you just said is going to be the biggest issue

many might be willing to just transfer the status of superior being they reserve for their deities straight over to whoever it turns out to be

some will just accept it as a part of nature - the natural world - our natural existence

but I think many might have real identity issues - because you're right - who are we really then after all?

Exactly. Right now we sit all alone without a sense of perspective. Odds are on that if we were gain some insight into our place in the grand scheme many would not like that at all. Like I said I think this is the main reason we have not seen Disclosure.

I think there are a number of people out there who have something closer to the real picture and when someone new is brought into the circle and asks "How come no disclosure?" and they get told, the newbie goes "Ok, never mind about that whole disclosure thing." and then spends the next 6 months in secret therapy.

While I -think- I would like to know whats going on, I am wise enough to know it will most likely be a "Be careful what you wish for." moment.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

The fears of the few shouldnt hold back the evolution of a species.

The issue isnt whether we want to know or not, the issue is that the truth is the truth and humanoty must live in reality, not its own painted fiction.

I honestly dont believe humanity can evolve beyond our petty squabbles without having that moment of realisation and understanding there are things much larger than us and beings who are wiser and more powerful.

We need to put our lives in perspective and learn that our materialism and territorialism is something which has held us back, from there maybe we can begin to move on.

Materialism comes from primative needs, the need to hunt, the need to survive, they were primative instincts which all animals need to exist. To be less the animal and more the human, we need to evolve beyond those needs.

How can humanity evolve emotionally when our whole lives are spent worrying about material needs, about food, about shelter and living in fear of not surviving. When the time comes that we can put those needs aside and have more time to live and learn, that is when Humans will become a better species.

We cannot spend another hundred years as slaves to our needs, if we havent learned by now where that leads, I seriously wonder why. Its going to be time to move on from that someday and the sooner the better.

Greed, corruption, and selfish materialism have caused all of humanities many disgraceful episodes. Thats a lesson we need to learn.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
We need to know it all, now. The news media needs pressure to take reporting this stuff seriously. I mean, If I am a ape in some cosmic zoo cage, I would really like to know.

I mean lets go, out with it already. If the military or some guy with a remote control ufo is pulling the chains, out yourself. Bring all the facts that you have and spill the beans. If you have an solid proof, get your self out there.

to me this kind of information will help us move past this stage in our history with some kind of game plan for the future. Humanity needs some goals, that do NOT include greed.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by silver6ix
reply to post by Helmkat

The fears of the few shouldnt hold back the evolution of a species.

The issue isnt whether we want to know or not, the issue is that the truth is the truth and humanoty must live in reality, not its own painted fiction.

I honestly dont believe humanity can evolve beyond our petty squabbles without having that moment of realisation and understanding there are things much larger than us and beings who are wiser and more powerful.

We need to put our lives in perspective and learn that our materialism and territorialism is something which has held us back, from there maybe we can begin to move on.

Materialism comes from primative needs, the need to hunt, the need to survive, they were primative instincts which all animals need to exist. To be less the animal and more the human, we need to evolve beyond those needs.

How can humanity evolve emotionally when our whole lives are spent worrying about material needs, about food, about shelter and living in fear of not surviving. When the time comes that we can put those needs aside and have more time to live and learn, that is when Humans will become a better species.

We cannot spend another hundred years as slaves to our needs, if we havent learned by now where that leads, I seriously wonder why. Its going to be time to move on from that someday and the sooner the better.

Greed, corruption, and selfish materialism have caused all of humanities many disgraceful episodes. Thats a lesson we need to learn.

When and how a child learns the truth(s) of the world impacts the rest of their development. The question gets asked by skeptics and believers alike "If they could just reveal themselves-why don't they?". My bet is that Humans are not ready to learn where babies come from just yet.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I simply hate it how all "supposedly real" UFO videos are shaky and during the night.

[edit on 10/27/2008 by die_another_day]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
OMG everyone keeps going on and on about proof!

Proof of what? YOU cannot even prove that your dreaming or awake. Why do you think that your awake? Because your not asleep? How do you know that your not awake when your dreaming and this reality is fake? IS there ANY proof of that?

No. Stop with this scientific analysis. Theres lights recorded on film. If you wanna fill in the gaps yourself, fine. But what you say is going to be different then the next guy, and the next guy. You all awaken to what the truth is. And when these 'Angels from another galaxy' do make themselves public, have fun proving it to the masses. Everyone will think its some sick joke.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by silver6ix
Another mainstream UFO coverage. Nice mention of plenty of witnesses AND at the end of the film I like the angle of the commetator.

He says the military said "several F-16s were training in the area"...and the he adds "several witnesses confirm seeing the planes..........AFTER tey saw the UFO."

Nice to see there was no suggestion the planes were being mistaken which is normally what happens and also nice to see the media taking a little sideswipe nat military statements.

FIlms isnt that good but given the number of sightings it seems to be a very credible UFO event.

OK, it's "nice" to see it get some coverage? It's a "nice" waste of time and more propaganda.

Just picture what's happening in the world today. Mass market instability. The economic survival of the world is hanging in the balance. The mass media's coverage of the US elections is everything BUT impartial. And now you want to believe that the mass media WANTS to disclose UFO sightings to the general public, so as to somehow serve the people?

The UFO coverage was limited so as not to cause panic (so we are led to believe). And now, when people are panicking about wars and nuclear arms, created terrorism threat, economic meltdown losing pensions and investments - yes, NOW is the PERFECT time to disclose UFOs...

If anyone fails to see the big picture of what's happening, I suggest to take a few deep breaths and step back a little. Watch the show unravel, but DO NOT BELIEVE it.

We already had a blossom goodchild prediction of October 14. Maybe some of mankind did indeed get rectally probed, but so far, it's not disclosed.

Here's another point to wonder. Why on earth do aliens need lights? If they have such advanced technology, why on earth do they need red lights? We possess infrared scanners, night vision equipment. The last thing these alleged aliens need to worry about is identifying their craft so that no other craft can accidentally fly into it.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by silver6ix

Most if not all learn to lie when we are young. Preservation or for whatever reasons others may bring forth. So asking for the truth about our scheme of things in the universe is not surprising. Just because we may demand the truth does not mean others can deliver due to impulse and "bad" habits of learning to live with lying.

Also most of our "advances" seem to come when we are at war.. regardless of with whom. The basic reasons is why.. everyone has opinions.. but I believe history shows that we fight for "things" that are tangible. So without the need for tangible things, materials, man may not advance as far and as fast. Wonder where man would be without "purpose" for things... Would we be laid back and lazy.. and expect others to fulfill our needs? Then all "man" will not be free as society would be a fractured society as it is today and the past.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3 I live near Randolph AFB which is a training base and I have never seen any training at night!

Why wouldn't the military train at night? It's only natural to train during all hours of the "day" - the 24-hour period.

The enemy won't stop attacking during the night just because it's dark. They won't be waiting for the daylight.

Only makes sense that military of any country would prepare and train during the day and at night.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The military actually does the majority of its training at night. Easier to mask your movements. We attack at night, we train at night. That goes for all branches of the military. And MOST ESPECIALLY when it comes to testing new aircraft.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willbert

Most if not all learn to lie when we are young. Preservation or for whatever reasons others may bring forth. So asking for the truth about our scheme of things in the universe is not surprising. Just because we may demand the truth does not mean others can deliver due to impulse and "bad" habits of learning to live with lying.

Also most of our "advances" seem to come when we are at war.. regardless of with whom. The basic reasons is why.. everyone has opinions.. but I believe history shows that we fight for "things" that are tangible. So without the need for tangible things, materials, man may not advance as far and as fast. Wonder where man would be without "purpose" for things... Would we be laid back and lazy.. and expect others to fulfill our needs? Then all "man" will not be free as society would be a fractured society as it is today and the past.

You are right and wrong here. Yes our advances come from war, but that is incidence, the truth is we have always been at war so the only way we could ever advance was through war.

However, had we turned ourselves to negating our needs and dependancies and lived with more freedom and love of live, i think you would find that human nature is creative and productive in its own right.

We could have utopia with no fear of war or threat and yet we would still grown and learn, why? Because humans are curious and creative by nature, we would always seek to grow, painters would still paint, actors still act, artists perform art and scientists would still push the boundaries of science, thats something that is in our nature to do.

The problem with nature is that when those in power know the nature of humanity, its very easy to exploit and turn it to your own ends. Unfortunately that is how our world is. Will it change? In time, someday yes, but these people wont just give up without a fight.

Whatever disclosure means I can assure you that certain very powerful people will be making sure its structured in a way that maintains control and keeps us needing and fearing.

Its not alien threats we should fear. The greatest threat facing us is the same threat which has dominated us, our own leaders whoever and wherever they may be.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by silver6ix]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I have to say I always enjoy when I see the comment about lights and Aliens. Why would the lack of lights signify technical superiority? At what point does a technical civilization leave all light sources behind? Human vehicles have lights to show position, lights from instruments, light from propulsion, lights to fool the eye, lights to hoax and lights just for looks. Any all or none may apply to an alien craft. Say for instance a species evolves with sonar instead of eyes, they might not even realize we can see with light!

My guess is our visable guests simply don't care any more then a Safari Landrover cares about being seen as it crosses the Serengeti.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Helmkat]

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Helmkat]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

While I agree that humans are a flawed bunch, and apt to lie, twist and do whatever it takes to get ahead, we don't know that alien species, even those who claim to be our benefactors, won't have similar propterties and agendas.

I think people tend to go a bit far on the spectrums as far as alien life goes. I don't think if they are "bad" per se, they are not going to blow us to bits and suck our our brains, and if they are "good" aliens, I don't think they will give everyone eternal life, happiness, and joy, while gaining nothing for themselves. They probably have their own laws governing how they treat with us in the first place. And beyond that, in their dealings with us, I don't think it will be as nearly cut and dry as people think.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I agree, but whats vital is that we are all able to see whats real and make decisions for ourselves.

One thing ill say for sure, if it was to be handled by the current cartels running this world, our best interests and truth will not be on the agenda.

For better or for worse, its important that we are ablet to make the decisions and judge for ourselves, not be lead into whatever certain cynical greedy people want us to see.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Here's a question i've never heard people ask: why would aliens put lights on their craft? I mean, if they truly are extraterrestrial, then they would be millions of miles from home. There would be no need for lights. I do believe in aliens and ufo's, but i think ones which are seen that have lights on them are man-made secret craft. Only humans would think to put lights on them. I guess technically, even if they are man-made, they are still considered UFO's. Opinions?

Maybe it a byproduct of propulsion??? I've heard theories of plasma or electromagnetic shields on the outside of the craft.

Who knows....

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by spacebagel

Unfortunately it seems you have completely missed the point of my post.

Those scenarios were not meant to be read as fact. They were POSSIBILITIES. I thought that was fairly clear due to the nature of the post but apparently it was not. I could sit here and list off a million more but the scenarios were not meant to be the focus of the post.

My point is that we CANNOT know that they wouldn't use lights. We CANNOT know that they wouldn't fly over Stephenville more than once just because we personally don't find the town that interesting (no offense meant to its citizens). The examples I listed were simply hypothetical motives for their actions and as I previously stated there are a million more.

I will say this again to be clear. None of us know what would motivate an ET. We can only speculate and that includes myself. For that reason we cannot say that "they do this because of such and such..." or "They wouldn't do that because it doesn't make sense." - It may not make sense to us but until we have a working relationship with them we cannot know what is in their head.

The one thing you said that I want to reply to directly is this response -

"Yep. There you go. Again. The fact is you yourself don't know if ANYTHING has been kept by the government concerning this issue. We are ALL at the same level of ignorance. So don't pretend you know the facts. Shame on you.

And the argument is moot too. Why would someone be privy of the military's secrets obout ETs (which is a light year leap) be wasting their time posting on a conspiracy website? Don't they have military exercises to do? Again shame on you for not knowing this. "

I'm still not sure how you are interpreting what I am saying as me claiming to know something others do not but here is my response and OPINION...

First, I never mentioned the Government and what I said certainly isn't exclusive to government agents. Likewise, not all Government agents participate in Military exercises. But lets roll with it. The fact that there is so much formerly classified information being released thanks to the FIOA and the hard work of some very dedicated researchers pretty much implies that they have kept things from us, hmm? Isn't that why a lot of ATS readers/posters are here in the first place?

The reasons as to why they would read a conspiracy website seem fairly obvious. Especially a website of this scale. Frankly, at the risk of drawing some hate my way they SHOULD be reading this stuff and I am fairly certain there are workers who are tasked with doing just that. When you have people talking about things like instigating a new revolution, ect well....wouldn't you want to know if you were in a position of power?

That said, again you seem to have missed the point. If there is ANYONE (Govt or not) who is reading this board claiming to know facts about why an ET would do anything than they are either lying to themselves and us or they really do know. And aside from a few cases such as the author boards, if they DO know they sure aren't openly sharing. What do I mean by openly sharing? Not only giving us the information but their credentials as well. And doing so in a way that there can be no doubt as to who they are and how they came to have this info.

I hope that clears up any misunderstandings you may have.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I just got an email back from Steve Allen. He said they're seeing this large craft just about every night around 8pm in the Stephenville area and that CNN is all over this!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
To me it seems that if a person is willing to take for granted that alien vehicles are here in the first place (if not we wouldn't be asking this question about the lights) then they might as well take it all the way and accept the testimony of the various Governmental Whistleblowers who have told us that the US government has actually shot these things down with radar. That being said, they are not impervious. That being said, they would be wise to use lights for the same reason we use them. Safety. Navigation. Of course, in our limited experience, our propulsion often times produces lights. Might as well go ahead and speculate that theirs may as well.

The "no lights on an alien craft" argument is stupid, imo.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join