It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain aide: Palin 'going rogue'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

McCain aide: Palin 'going rogue'

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (CNN)– With 10 days to go until election day, long brewing tension between Sarah Palin and key aides to John McCain has become so intense, it is spilling out into the public.

Several McCain advisers have suggested to CNN they have become increasingly frustrated with what one aide described as Palin “going rogue” recently, while a Palin associate says she is simply trying to “bust free” of what she believes was a mishandled roll-out that damaged her.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Palin, rogue

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
McCain sources point several incidents where Palin has gone off message, and privately wonder if they were deliberate. For example: labeling robo calls “irritating,” even as the campaign was defending the use of them and telling reporters she disagreed with the campaigns controversial decision to pull out of Michigan.

A second McCain source tells CNN she appears to now be looking out for herself more than the McCain campaign.

“She is a diva. She takes no advice from anyone,” said this McCain adviser, “she does not have any relationships of trust with any of us, her family or anyone else. Also she is playing for her own future and sees herself as the next leader of the party. Remember: divas trust only unto themselves as they see themselves as the beginning and end of all wisdom.”

A Palin associate defended her by saying she is “not good at process questions” and that her comments on Michigan and the robo calls were answers to process questions.

But this Palin source acknowledged that she clearly is trying to take more control of her own message, pointing to last week’s impromptu press conference on a Colorado tarmac.

LOL, this is just great! Can anyone say final nail in the coffin? Palin has seemed rogue from the beginning. She is the Maverick...and mavericks are not a good thing in politics. Rogue = Maverick

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-10-2008 by Aggie Man]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
She has been advised by Hanitty and Limbaugh to do this and it seems as if she is listening to them. It is not news to anyone that she has been mishandled and she is tired of it. Now we will see the real Palin and I think it will be good for the campaign.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
There's another side of this that transcends the ticket. It speaks to the 'who are we actually hearing' issue. If Palin is 'breaking away' then what she has been saying has been controlled/scripted by others. Who is directing these others? Who is it that is molding the output of these candidates? Clearly, the 'play-calling' is coming from somewhere else --- on both tickets --- as voters I believe we have a right to confront and question these 'handlers' and vet THEIR connections/agendas.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by deathhasnosound

Given that after multiple attempts to recite what the VP's role is and her unmistakeable unwillingness/inability to correctly do that I feel she has damaged herself irreparably. It proves, if nothing else, that she has little familiarity with the Constitution and we don't need any more of those people in Washington. Sorry.

link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

The campaign is preparing to lay their failures all over her. I predict in the end she'll come out and with volcanic force tell the truth of what has been happening for the last couple of months.

Palin being the maverick isn't going to sit back and take it. Look at what she did to her brother-in-law. Palin may not have a lot of brain but she has plenty of bravado.

link   

Originally posted by deathhasnosound
She has been advised by Hanitty and Limbaugh to do this and it seems as if she is listening to them. It is not news to anyone that she has been mishandled and she is tired of it. Now we will see the real Palin and I think it will be good for the campaign.

Good for the campaign? Seriously?

She is undermining McCain's campaign, contradicts things McCain says, and has clearly shown that she is NOT what she was originally presented as when announced as VP running mate. She now makes the republican party "transparent" and reveals them for what they are.....DISORGANIZED! Do you really think that looking disorganized is going to be GOOD for the Reps.?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
And on the flip side, we have Biden the All Seeing Oracle. Mystic to the Stars.Palin is at least representative of who we are. And I find robo calls irritating too. My theory is that the handlers have already decided who will win and she is not with that program. Fight back. UGoGirl!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

Given that after multiple attempts to recite what the VP's role is and her unmistakeable unwillingness/inability to correctly do that

You shouldn't believe everything the news outlets tell you.
She was correct when she said the VP is in charge of the senate.
Even Geraldine Ferraro agreed with her and she doesn't like Palin.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This is a toughie. On one hand I like someone who has a mind of their own and doesn't necessarily go along with what everyone wants.

But on the other hand, she was "HIRED", not elected, to be McCains VP for certain details.

So I think a little amount of rougishness is good, but don't make the boss mad.

It might sound infantile but I think people don't realize that even though she is a governor, she is a governor of a small remote population. And I think she is heady with power.

If it is true, and I am not sure it is, that she thinks she is going to be the next party leader, she is full of herself.

I do agree with her on the robo calls.

There are certain methods of campaigning that are becoming outdated.
And nobody sits around listening to a recorded message from anyone.

So I think that is one good thing that she recongizes something like that.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

DUTIES OF THE VP, AS LIMITED BY THE CONSTITUTION:

The formal powers and role of the vice president are limited by the Constitution to becoming President should the President become unable to serve (e.g. due to the death, resignation, or medical impairment of the President) and sometimes acting as the presiding officer of the U.S. Senate. As President of the Senate, the Vice President has two primary duties: to cast a vote in the event of a Senate deadlock and to preside over and certify the official vote count of the U.S. Electoral College.

This is hardly what I would call being in charge of the senate.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

To be more precise, the Vice President is the "President of the Senate" which is, Constitutionally speaking:

The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate, but shall have no Vote, unless they be equally divided.

U.S. Constitution, Article 1, Section 3.

The Vice President has no legislative duties other than casting a vote only when there is a tie vote in the Senate. He or She is not in charge of the Senate or has any influence on legislation brought before the Senate.

Palin has no real knowledge of this role of the Vice President as apparent from her response to the question asked concerning this issue. The duties of the Vice President are only those granted and assigned by the President.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Palin may be positioning herself to be the leader of the "Redneck" wing of the GOP, but that's not where the money is. Regardless of who the "base" wants in 2012, the GOP nominee will be someone who can draw the big donors. A rural state governor with a fundamentalist following will not open the big checkbooks.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Palin is seeing first hand why alot of conservatives are having a hard time supporting McCain. If he was running against anyone but Obama, he wouldn't have a chance.

I'm sure Palin is trying to shake things up a bit, and McCain's wussy handlers are throwing a hissy fit. I'm sure this is true, because look at who they are complaining to....that's right CNN. No respectable conservative would ever run to CNN to complain about another Republican.

If McCain pulls this election off, he has Palin to thank, her, and of course the Democrat Party for electing Obama.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I think see is just learning how much of an aho McCain is. I love the tape of his brother calling 911 to report his diapleasure at being stuck in traffic, and then when the operator asked him if he was actually calling 911 to complain about being stuck in traffic he said f--- you and hung up. What a truly classy guy, and reason enough not to vote for McCain.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
I think see is just learning how much of an aho McCain is. I love the tape of his brother calling 911 to report his diapleasure at being stuck in traffic, and then when the operator asked him if he was actually calling 911 to complain about being stuck in traffic he said f--- you and hung up. What a truly classy guy, and reason enough not to vote for McCain.

Nice! Not voting for McCain because of his brother? What if people decided to not vote for Obama because his brother is a Muslim living in a hut in Kenya?

Anyway McCain has staff problems...Palin is trying to toughen them up...they throw a hissy fit and contact CNN. What true Republican contacts CNN nowadays????

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

This is hardly what I would call being in charge of the senate.
Palin was right. The thing is, they do not want to bother so they hand over the duty to a President Pro Tem, who takes care of it.
If she was elected and wanted to, Palin could run the Senate, all the time.
People who say she was wrong, are wrong, themselves.
The truth is that it has become the custom for Vice Presidents to shirk their duty and leave it to someone else.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I know everybody has a take on Sarah Palin but personally her breaking free made no difference to anybody today. If she had charged in with her foot in mouth or if she does it now makes no difference. She is and always will be perceived for what she really is, which is a hick chick.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Anyway McCain has staff problems...Palin is trying to toughen them up...they throw a hissy fit and contact CNN. What true Republican contacts CNN nowadays????

Too true, there has been a lack of discipline in the McCain campaign and it has been going on for a while. Lots of press leaks regarding strategy. Seems to me like Sarah Palin is getting frustrated with the campaign and would like nothing more than to play a bigger role in the campaign strategy but they're not letting her.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join