It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS member behavior on other sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Last night, on the ATS main board, there was a thread in regards to a 'geocities' site which was flaming ATS, and each successive posting further found fault with that site.

If that was it, then everything would be fine. Just like people are prone to become defensive when insulted, I am sure there are members here who felt justified in posting crude remarks on the thread.

But it wasn't just on here.

I checked out that geocities site and found it very irrelavent... I don't recall any thread or posting described the way the site creator did. ATS, as a whole, DOES go out of its way to provide useful information, with links or sources, to any thread... so the sites comments about aluminum hats and such were, in its entire-ty, false.

Yet, some ATS members took that as face value, and decided to become exactly as the site's creator stated we were: idiots. Every guestbook entry is filled with utter nonsense, by ATS personnel, that it not only shows what those signers are truely like, but it degrades ATS!

I tried to sign the guestbook, to make an open apology for ATS, because of those remarks... but the book was already full with childish responses.

Whoever did those, let it be known that I have taken insult because of your actions...

To those who may have been lucky enough to miss the whole ordeal, here is the geocities site in question:

If I can find a link to last night's thread, I'll post that as well.

I seriously hope some of the high moderators can take action.

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I'm sorry to offend you, I was just pointing out to the author of that site that it was a poor imitation of another very good site.

If you find that offensive and childish (as many Admin have gone to other conspiracy sites to call them rip-offs) then I'm sure we are all childish and you should just get over it.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Not to worry, your response was one of the better ones on his site. I think there was one more decent signing...

What I was talking about were the majority of the remarks.

I'm not offended by them... I just felt 'insulted', because the mods and owners of ATS are getting recognition by alot of major sources, and the last thing they need is something like what was mentioned above... you know?

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I'm not offended by them... I just felt 'insulted', because the mods and owners of ATS are getting recognition by alot of major sources, and the last thing they need is something like what was mentioned above... you know?

i have to agree with this.

let the nay sayers say nay all they want. let those who would scoff us deride and poke fun at what we do do as they will. personally these people arent worth the time it takes to type "screw you" to them, better off ignoring them and letting them do their thing, its their right i suppose and we should focus on what WE are doing not what they are saying.

i know some people take it personally and i cant say i blame them but they are just words after all. maybe it isnt said enough but they are just words and arent really hurting us in any way.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
Not to worry, your response was one of the better ones on his site. I think there was one more decent signing...

What I was talking about were the majority of the remarks.

Oh right, that's ok then I thought you meant all of them.

Yeah, I do agree with what you have to say, it does lower the site when people just go over there to insult them.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Seemed like I missed this whole episode of "drama".

Glad I did. I thought the staff made it pretty clear that people shouldn't go to other site and insult people, as it can only make ATS look bad.

Hope those who did get some kind of punishement for their silly behaviour.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
i think making themselves look like retards for going after someone who was just giving their personal opinion is punishment enough already.

they know who they are, we know who they are, they know we know who they are and i'm sure when they think about it their actions were really stupid and uncalled for. it also makes THEIR position look stronger, if its not true why are people getting their panties in a twist??? the louder you scream the more attention they get...is that what we really want?

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
First off I deleted the address in the first post.

The person making the site (kernel Klink) was trying to get his own site advertised. The member (who was only 1 day old) then went on to abuse the mods and got banned.

What I find strange, is not that someone spammed his guest book, but that Soothsayer in bringing up this trivial episode has only served to readvetise the site again - when i had seen it there had been only 12 people to the index page.

Soothsayer, if you were insulted by the reaction you got from the website maker, then join the club, at least 2 of us were also insulted by him, the whole episode is just a silly farce created by some dumb adolescent who only wants to get free advertising, this he got.

Lets not make this molehill into a mountian.

I am locking the thread in order to let it die. Its truely not worth any drama, the person who made the site doesn't deserve the attention.

new topics

top topics

join