It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Nellis Range info

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I noticed two interesting documents in the Nellis environmental section.

This one is regarding land based exercises for Patriot Missile use.
Patriot Missiles

The bottom of this web page has photographs of Patriot missiles deployed in the Nellis range:
Red Flag 2005-3

The other interesting document is
F-35
If you dig through this document, it shows the supersonic corridors based on altitude. It also shows some flight routing.

I suppose you could add a 3rd interesting document:
Creech
This document shows the layout of the new construction at Creech.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
I noticed two interesting documents in the Nellis environmental section.

This one is regarding land based exercises for Patriot Missile use.
Patriot Missiles

The bottom of this web page has photographs of Patriot missiles deployed in the Nellis range:
Red Flag 2005-3

The other interesting document is
F-35
If you dig through this document, it shows the supersonic corridors based on altitude. It also shows some flight routing.

I suppose you could add a 3rd interesting document:
Creech
This document shows the layout of the new construction at Creech.

re: the first document. Do you see something beyond what is presented in the document, gariac? I am confused, considering the size of the range, why they would need to place these units on public land. Is this the beginning of another land grab?

However - other than the land they occupy with these units, I supposed there is no legal reason why someone couldn't just walk right up to these units, or at least to a fence if so installed, and take pictures, peer with binoculars, set up a tent and build a campfire, etc.

Also - I wanted to see what if any other documents were on that site, but I see nowhere a link from the main website to even the documents you posted. Where exactly did you get those links?

[edit on 27-10-2008 by FosterVS]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

Well you can see from my photos, I sort of walked right up. I didn't exactly get in their face, but just photographed with a telephoto lens. [I did talk to the guys at the Alamo airport since they didn't look particularly busy.] They need to place the Patriot units in locations that makes sense in the war game. The land restricted areas are nearly all enemy territory, so it wouldn't make sense to position your air defense in enemy territory. Now some of the Rolands of course are in blue forces land, which doesn't make much sense.

The F-35 document is more revealing. I'm tweaking a map from it now and will post here later.

Nellis environmental page

Incidentally, I did a cut and paste from a Nellis "solicitation" that explains Red Flag in some detail. Check out
www.lazygranch.com...

is the referring page.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I put two of the maps from the F-35 document here. One I calibrated and added waypoints for reference.

www.lazygranch.com...

If you go to this page
www.lazygranch.com...
ten scroll down to the image from the Air Traffic Control display, you can just barely see a mark where the F-35 map indicates there is a refueling track. I don't see how this is possible since the airspace is not restricted. That is, civilian aircraft can fly in the MOAs, so you would think the refueling route would be documented.

www.lazygranch.com...
has the last known refueling track documentation.

Going back to your previous post, this is not a land grab They just need to borrow this land on occasion. I don't believe there was ever a document regarding positioning the Rolands out in the BLM land, but their footprint is minor compared to establishing a Patriot Battery.

For those not familiar with a Roland, check out
www.lazygranch.com...

They look slightly different now. I need to upload newer photographs.

new topics

top topics

join