It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "It Doesn't Make Sense" Thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is for all those things and experiences you have in life that make you sit back and scratch your head and think..
"THAT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!"
Do you ever wonder if it's just you who feels that way?

A biggie, that doesn't make sense to me, especially this time of year, is the idea of spending $25-$50 on a costume for your kids, to take them door to door to get FREE candy!!!
WTF?
I remember MAKING my own costumes, from thrift store finds, or even raiding my parents closet ( One year, a witch , with my mom's black dress..and one year I wore my dad's old work clothes and went out as a street bum.)
Halloween has gotten far too commercial, to the point of being no fun anymore, and IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.
:shk:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
1. The fact that people wear Indian, cowboy, playboy nurse etc costumes on Halloween. WTF?

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns - the ones we don't know we don't know."

-- Donald Rumsfeld.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Oscitate

My head is spinning, and my brain is melting from that quote.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Oscitate

What!, what did he say........... I need a translator...

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns - the ones we don't know we don't know."

[edit on 25-10-2008 by rikk7111]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Another one for me..
OXYMORON
ie:Same difference
en.wikipedia.org...

* Government organization
* Military intelligence
* Drink responsibly
* Expensive Linux
* Gym Teacher
* Microsoft Works
* Stripper's dressing room
* Fun run
* Happily Married
* Honest crook
* Sane conspiracy theorist ( HAHAHA)

I will NEVER understand the point of an Oxymoron....
:shk:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
What I don't get is the people who buy commercialized clothing at stores like hot topics to look like a rebel, or to be an individual. In my punk days I made the clothing. Green long jean shorts with bleach splotches and ratted threads hanging from the bottom. A green trench coat, and whatever.

That was me... I did it, I didn't buy it from a store to be an individual like everyone else.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by eye open doors

Agreed. No one wants to be stereotyped, but they all want to dress like everyone else.
I have been trying to drill this into my 14 year old son's head.
He dresses all "Gangsta" like he just fell out of a hip hop video, but hates it when people label him that way.
Go figure...

[edit on 26-10-2008 by AccessDenied]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Oh..best one of all..
I get an EMAIL today from someone I deliberately stopped talking to..asking me..
"Is your computer broken? Internet cut off?"
DUH!:bnghd:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I hope you wrote back. One word: Yes.

I almost wrote a rant about this one, but I'll put it here instead. I went to the pharmacy today (RiteAid). They were busy taking down the Halloween decorations and putting up the Christmas merchandise.

WTF?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

OK, that's just dandy.
Hem, your services are needed at the big boy pub.
Do you mind?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Oh yes..I witnessed this at the mall today. For last few weeks I could go into the "Seasonal" section of the department store, and one side of the aisle was pumpkins and witches, while the other was Santas and Snowflakes.
DISGUSTING.
And I know for sure that January 1 will be Valentine's day stuff.
Sheesh.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I don't understand Halloween ( hallowed eve) either. You spend all year telling your kids not to take candy from strangers then make it a special event to take candy from strangers. You tell them every day, "that stuff will rot your teeth!" then let them stock up on candy that's guaranteed to keep rotting their teeth for months to come. :shk:

[edit on 26-10-2008 by whitewave]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
One word.........

Teenagers

Rush

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
You know what I really don't get silent letters in words. I can understand adding a letter if the same word has two different meanings, but for others I just can't seem to grasp the reasoning behind it, like knife. I don't hear a k sound in that word and there is only one meaning for knife. For some unexplained reason however if you omit that silent letter the word is incorrectly spelled.

WTF

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112
One word.........

Teenagers

Rush

Hahaha...see the post above mine Rush..
this guy was mine..he's 21 now.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

OMG Access, I didn't know (pronounced ka-no) hehe, that he's one of yours. Aw, that's so cool. Nice to meet you Feral Rage!

What didn't make sense to me today was today.

Rush

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
first of all, English language = Fail

also, the hot dog bun to hot dog ratio doesn't make much sense...
BTW our family usually looked like we were celebrating Halloween and Christmas from October to march every year. my mom liked the Christmas lights because they were "pretty" so they didn't come down.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by juveous]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Government paperwork. VA Paperwork in particular.

When has it become necessary for you to repeat information that you had just written in 2 pages ago? Are Bureaucrats that attention deficient?

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Deson]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Haha..it's a test..
"We know your name and address, we want to see if YOU know your name and address, You know?"

HAHAHA..Why does that sound familiar??

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
"Wash-off, water proof mascara."
Need I say more?:shk:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join