It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Even Close

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Funny that I just told a pollster that I'd be voting McCain. I'll be voting for a Republican for the first time in my life.

This article follows the current pattern of attempting to psych out potential McCain voters by telling them it is hopeless. The media and Obama's DNC did this during the primary. I call hogwash. I suppose if you read these biased articles and listen to the mainstream media you believe this is true. I really don't think it is at all.

Sheeple on either side of the political divide are scary creatures.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
If you look around...it shouldn't be close.

Obama has the support of the World! UN officials are praying he wins. Hollywood has rolled out the red carpet for him. The Main Stream Media can't shake the feeling running up their leg when he speaks. Louis Farakhan, leader of the Nation of Islam, has declared him the Messiah. Then you have the vocal minority, who loves to go to rallies, raise a ruckus, but just can't find the time to vote. Just judging by that he should win in a landslide!

Never underestimate the Silent Majority, the people that make this country work, average Americans, who mind their own business, go to work, and pay attention to current events. They are watching and they are going to reject Obama and McCain wins by default.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Rasmussen has Obama's lead at 5% today. It was 8% yesterday. Gallup's 'traditional' model has the race at 5% as well, down from 7% yesterday. Combined with the IBD results and the decline in Obama support in Zogby's poll as well, it appears that people may be getting cold feet.

It isn't over yet.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by vor78]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

It would be close if it was just a matter of numbers, but Obama is too far ahead in electoral votes for McCain to ever catch up.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Seeker Mom

I have said in past threads that I think the polls are bogus no matter who you want to win.
I don't see how they could even remotely predict any outcome because of the out of date residential calls that are made.
But with that said not only have the media and pundits thrown down the towel but the GOP seems to have jumped the ship as well.
They are now focusing on keeping their seats in the senate already stating that we will have a democratic President so they have to keep the seats in the senate.
The only person that I have heard say that the election isnt over is Obama himself.
Very strange indeed.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

I disagree. If McCain can close the national vote totals, the state-by-state results will very likely follow suit. Many of the states leaning to Obama will fall back into the toss-up category.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

get response, I was going to reply to the same comment you addressed. It is an illusion and the original concern over one party control- I would say that at least they'll do something.
I really cringe when I hear from democrat politicians "8 years," what about the last 2 years when they displayed sheer ineptitude under that corrupt whore Pelosi. She has basically rendered any congressional oversight null and void for both Dems and the GOP alike.
It is an illusion are we are conditioned to accept it as reality. We are fed the notion of a unilinear polarity of American politics, black fades to gray to white and there is no color in between.
The nature in which Iowa and New Hampshire was handed to McCain was obvious, I know he didn't take first in Iowa but he entered as a distant loserfromthepast. I'm sure he was briefed on all of it prior as was Obama and Clinton and that Huckabee who now has a show on Fox(LOL!)
I think Clinton and Obama attended Bilderberg in Virginia in August and were briefed then. If you look back to May the TriLateral commission probably updated everyone. Not to say the overlords need to meet in person to get things done.
What an expensive spectacle of the utmost grandeur!
Can't wait for Diebold to decide who'll win!

Fragmented rant complete. over and out.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Guys who say this is close. Mark my words and quote me please on this and hold it against me or praise me when it happens but it will happen.

Obama will win and not only will he win it will be a landslide. You will see a sea of blue on election day. There are a lot of people who dont use home phones anymore and the pollsters dont call cell phones. This will be a cakewalk for Obama although I will say that it goes to show you though how many traditionalists their are in America for Obama and McCain to be even polling close. To bad the traditionalists and conservatives have no one to represent them anymore. Ill tell you now the Republicans sure as hell dont.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Seeker Mom

Actually the commentary this thread is based on was written by David Frum, a former speech writer for bush minor, a conservative and a Republican.

The polls are totally off base this time around this thread of mine I started awhile back explains part of the reason why:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Cell Phone Polling Gap: An Artificially "Close" Race?

In its commentary I point out that while exclusive cell phone users (such as myself) are neither here nor there, polls also don't count first time voters or college students both of which are predominately Obama leaning... especially the college students and as for the first time voter's the Democrats have been registering new voters 2 and 3 to one over the Republicans.

This election will be won or lost on the strength of those uncounted by the polls and by the strength of the get out the vote drives.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
but Obama is too far ahead in electoral votes for McCain to ever catch up.

It's the same thing.

Those are "projected" electoral votes based on the poll numbers that are showing Obama up in certain states.

It's far from over my friend, and I think it's much, much closer than you're willing to admit.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
WHO DA DAWG? WOOF WOOF!!!

At least 333 to 159... not even close.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join