It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Accuse English Of War Crimes.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
My god. I laughed so hard I nearly hemorrhaged.

Pots, kettles, black...something like that. I'm sure the French aren't comparing anything we did to the unspeakable horrors of the French Revolution, are they?

I can't help but think that this has something to do with the fact that, at one point during the Hundred Years war, the English owned more of France than the French did. And as a funny side note, it took God himself to save the French from the English, in the form of a prophet, who was teenage girl. And we still executed her.

You know, our Queen is actually still Duke of Normandy. She's also the head of the armed forces of the UK.

I think she's probably got a right to the various territories in France. I bet they'll wish they didn't down-size their armed forces when we reclaim Bordeaux!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
Anyway, I made French onion soup tonight, but spat in it before I ate it, just to show them filthy Frenchies what I think of their cuisine! That'll show them!

shakes fist at a Françoise Hardy record. Grrrr!

hahahaha that's class

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

But I guess people all over the world still hold grudges

there are a large number of us descendants of tranported (The Highland Clearances)Jacobite Scots that think England should still be under Scottish rule.

the House of Stuart is the rightful royal famility of Scotland and england not the House of Windsor

anned
Sept Clark
Clan Cameron(clann cam shron)

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

there are a large number of us descendants of tranported (The Highland Clearances)Jacobite Scots that think England should still be under Scottish rule.

the House of Stuart is the rightful royal famility of Scotland and england not the House of Windsor

anned
Sept Clark

I'm sure I've got a tiny violin around here somewhere, hang on...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Just tell the French to ''F*** Off'' using our famous two-fingered salute. Who the hell do these French think they are to tell us we committed a War Crime? They should look more closely to other parts of their history first.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

hilst I'd be previously Francophobic thanks to a weird exchange student system at my school which only selected the most obnoxious French kids possible, on their home soil I found the French very nice people ...

Isn't that so true? They've been exporting their most pissant little mongrels for years using student exchanges.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by malganis

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
Anyway, I made French onion soup tonight, but spat in it before I ate it, just to show them filthy Frenchies what I think of their cuisine! That'll show them!

shakes fist at a Françoise Hardy record. Grrrr!

hahahaha that's class

Hang on. You herked in it, then ate it?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

anned
Sept Clark

I'm pretty sure there's some people that are boo-hooing over the fact that the Plantagenets aren't on the throne any more. How far do you want to go back with this? Just as far as it suits your Braveheart dvds and your laughable desperation to try and carry a grudge for something that happened so many years before you were born?

Is this one of those sad, weird things that so many North Americans do, where they feel they can validate anti-English xenophobia because of their distant 'Celtic' roots?

Och, watch those tears don't dampen your shortbread as you enjoy your MacRomanticism!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Good post! Cracked me up.

It's not our fault we happened to win everything. It's not our fault we happened to execute everyone else's national heroes.

Some people are winners, the rest are non-English.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Im Scottish but have traced my ancestors back to agincourt. Apprently they were french and could run very, very fast.

mmmmm Wonder if i should be proud of the fact that they scarpered??

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
Im Scottish but have traced my ancestors back to agincourt. Apprently they were french and could run very, very fast.

mmmmm Wonder if i should be proud of the fact that they scarpered??

Why should this be an issue at all? Not only was it 600 years ago, but unless you were Agincourt yourself, you're not in any real position to judge. Also, if they hadn't have scarpered, would you be here typing this today?

Besides, statistically speaking, I'm sure you've got lots of ancestors that did 'bad' things at one point. Are you supposed to carry guilt or shame for things that actually happened before you were born? How does that work?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Sorry I guess my post came out more seriouse than i implied. I dont feel guilt and yea, im glad they ran.

Respects

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Is the Telegraph a British infowars.com?

How did:

'At the very least the English forces acted dishonourably. The middle ages were a very violent time, of course, but some might accuse the English of acting like what might now be called war criminals.'

become:

French accuse English of war crimes and exaggeration over Agincourt

Even the byline takes the above quote out of context:

"The French are using the anniversary of the Battle of Agincourt to accuse England's men of acting like 'war criminals'. "

I think the spinners have gone out of control on that one.

Is anyone disputing that "burning prisoners to death" isn't a war crime by today's standard?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marmelade

On topic : I've never heard of Christophe Gilliot nor of Agincourt, I believe this conference will be a small one
, some people have to much time on their hands.

Bye, Marmelade

Your French??....and you dont know about Agincourt??
:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

What purpose can this possibly serve?

It's called history. That's what historians do for a living.

Do you believe all historical research should be stopped? Or just those who study the Battle of Agincourt? Hopefully the research will eventually be peer-reviewed by English researchers for those who can't see past their own jingoistic views.

The difference between having 12,000 French compared to 150,000 could be important historically, no?

[edit on 26/10/08 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
So What! if there were less Frenchmen than first thought and so what that the English torched a few froggies ... the end result will still be the same ........ The English WON the day at Agincourt.

As for the Frenchman who attacked the King and was in turn hacked down by the King's Bodyguard ..... Well! That is what bodyguard's do, isn't it?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Strangely I don't see anyone bringing up charges of war crimes against, say, the Mongols. Or the Timurids. Or the Wallachians.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
By George, here's the solution...

vous savez quand vous tangoed

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin
Strangely I don't see anyone bringing up charges of war crimes against, say, the Mongols. Or the Timurids. Or the Wallachians.

It's OK. I'm personally willing to accept a personal apology from the my French friends across the water, as long as it's delivered personally by a couple of their delightfully attractive women. I've a mind how to show them how to conjugate some English verbs.

smooths down eyebrows in the manner of Leslie Phillips and adjusts silk dressing gown.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Sitting over here in the colonies, I find this discussion most delightful! It's good to hear that we're not the only ones with problems!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join