It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jennifer Hudson's Mother, Brother Shot Dead in Chicago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Jennifer Hudson's Mother, Brother Shot Dead in Chicago

www.news.com.au

THE mother and brother of Academy Award-winning actress Jennifer Hudson were found shot dead in the mother's Chicago home overnight.

The Chicago Tribune website quoted a police source as saying the suspect in the double homicide was in custody, but a 7-year-old boy, possibly Hudson's nephew, was still missing from the house on Chicago's South Side, where the victims were found.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.aceshowbiz.com
www.telegraph.co.uk

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
What an absolutely shocking and horrifying act. Just as Miss Hudson's career is starting to hit its stride, she must now contend with this.

Luckily the suspect has been apprehended quickly.

This may be the end of what looked to be a stellar career.

My prayers go out to Miss Hudson and her family.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
What a sad sad thing. My prayers are with her in this tragic time. 7 year old nephew missing huh? Wow....what is this world comming to.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by ATC_GOD]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This is terrible! She's so close to her mother. My thoughts are with her and her family this morning...

This won't end her career. She's a very strong and focused person.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beelzebubba
Just as Miss Hudson's career is starting to hit its stride.

Really? When I read the title I thought this was about Kate Hudson... I've never even heard of Jennifer Hudson and had to look in IMDB. Dancing With The Stars is hardly the peak of someone's career.

Praying for celebrities... what is this world coming to

Yes it's horrible that someone was murdered, but is it really such a big deal that they're related to a B-list celebrity that it has to become big news and publicity for them?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Yarcofin! For goodness sake...allegedly celebs, even "B-list", are humans too, and I cannot believe that ANY of this could be considered publicity for Jennifer Hudson of the kind she would relish. Let's ignore the fact that she's kinda famous and show her compassion for the FACT that her mother and brother have just been murdered. Here's hoping that her nephew is found safely and quickly.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Well not sure it is THAT shocking, apparently her family includes convicted felons. The guy they arrested, Jennifer Hudsons brother in law, did 7 years in prison for attempted murder and carjacking.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This is sad and all but... does this really belong on ATS? Wheres the conspiracy angle in this story? How is this alternative news?

This is what BTS is for...
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Yup Ben, I kinda agree, it probably should be on BTS. However...going back to Sonya's point about it not really being that shocking...maybe you meant surprising? Just because her brother in law had a past conviction, doesn't mean it's not still tragic. It doesn't feel right to treat it as another tabloid famous lives gone wrong type thing that deserves no emapthy. Put yourselves in Jennifer's shoes right at this moment...not pretty.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

she's an oscar-winning actress, not a b-list celebrity. she 's also been in movies since then, most recently, the secret life of bees.
my condolences to her family. the suspect is caught and the child is still missing.
maybe they'll cover this with as much vigor as caylee's disappearance.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Beelzebubba

First of my sympathies to the family.

Second, I wonder where in the south side they lived? Iam from chicago, and I know part of the south side is really bad. I was just wondering if someone like her and her family, being as well off as they should be, were living in the ghetto?

Very sad........... And NO Iam not an american idol fan.

Why is everyone mad at this thread?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
Yup Ben, I kinda agree, it probably should be on BTS. However...going back to Sonya's point about it not really being that shocking...maybe you meant surprising? Just because her brother in law had a past conviction, doesn't mean it's not still tragic.

Well, when ones family includes violent criminals with a history of attempted murder, is it really that shocking when those indivuals get angry and act in a violent, criminal, murderous way? To me it isn't. But I guess some people would find it surprising.

I read the mother got angry with this guy and threw him out of the house. It is bad enough her sister took up with that thug, but worse she lived with him and her 7 year old kid from another man had to live with this guy as well.

And who knows maybe this guy isn't guilty, but if it isn't him I would bet it is some other lowlife they associate with.

Originally posted by schism85 I was just wondering if someone like her and her family, being as well off as they should be, were living in the ghetto?

Her mother stayed in her original house, and it did look like a somewhat rough area (chain link fences and such).

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I think the point that was being made is that it is no more shocking than if some Anonymous Person's family was murdered. It is always tragic, no matter if it is a celeb or not. But most people don't feel much empathy for anonymous people.

I'm not a fan, but I feel sad for her, and disgust for the perpetrator.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
what sort of crap is this ???

millions of people die in the third world due to Western looting of resources, and people are mourning this ....

you americans deserve the coming economic collapse , as it will make you realise how bad life is actually

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Sadly, the body of the seven year old nephew has been found, also shot.

news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca...

Too early to die in this way.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by TheComte]

[edit on 27-10-2008 by TheComte]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I could care less WHO this horrible thing happened to, because it happens all the time to "no named" people. The story is TRAGIC and HORRIBLE regardless of her name being attached to it.

What the real story here is the incredible rising crime in Chicago. Seems like whoever was a community organizer in that state should have done more to lower crime in that state.

www.telegraph.co.uk... t-unnoticed.html

The story is a telling indictment of how inured many people on the South Side – home to a million African-Americans, the nation's largest black community – have become to gun crime.

Indeed, on the day that Mrs Donerson and her son were murdered, Chicago was confirmed as America's murder capital in new crime figures. The city, with a population of under three million, has witnessed 426 murders so far this year, compared to 417 in New York (pop: eight million) and 302 in Los Angeles (pop: more than 3.5 million).

It is just four miles from Mrs Donerson's house to the $1.6 million neo-Georgian home of Barack Obama. The Democratic presidential candidate also lives on the South Side but in the leafy environs of Hyde Park, an island of coffee shops, restaurants and book stores next to the University of Chicago where he once taught.

Head a few streets south of Hyde Park, however, and it soon looks like another world of run-down low-rise homes and pawn shops protected by steel bars, discount stores and fast food outlets. The South Side stretches a further 14 miles, through districts that are 93 per cent black on average, to Altgeld Gardens, the bleak housing estate where Mr Obama cut his teeth as a community activist in the 1980s.

www.suntimes.com...
As police Supt. Jody Weis returns to the hot seat during a City Council budget hearing today, Chicago is outpacing New York and Los Angeles in 2008 murders.

Chicago, whose population is dwarfed by those cities, posted 426 killings through Tuesday, compared with 417 in New York and 302 in L.A.

At the end of 1998, Chicago made international headlines as the U.S. "murder capital" after surpassing New York's homicide totals for the first time ever. Chicago shed that dubious distinction when murders plummeted over the last decade.

In 1998, there were about 700 murders here. Chicago is on pace to exceed 500 murders by the end of 2008.

Chicago War Zone Info
Chicago War Zone Information

Body count: In the last six months 292 were murdered in Chicago - 221 were killed in Iraq.

Sens. Barack Obama & Dick Durbin, Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., Gov. Rod Blogojevich, House leader Mike Madigan, Atty. Gen. Lisa Madigan, Mayor Richard Daley...the leadership in Illinois...all Democrats. Thank you Democrats, for the combat zone in Chicago. Of course, the political "leaders" all blaming each other. They can't blame Republicans, there aren't any!

The Illinois State Pension Fund is $44 Billion in debt, the worst in country. Cook County (Chicago) sales tax is 10.25%,the highest in country. (Look 'em up if you want). The Chicago school system one of the worst in country.

www.gunslot.com...

Maybe this is the real conspiracy.

[edit on 10/27/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
What the real story here is the incredible rising crime in Chicago. Seems like whoever was a community organizer in that state should have done more to lower crime in that state.

Oh he will work on that! Most of the murders in Chicago are the result of illegal firearms. This case is just one of many! Instead of blaming the criminals he will seek to punish legal, honest gun owning citizens by stripping them of their rights.

new topics

top topics

join