It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of America's Biggest Problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
This video is really worthwhile watching in its entirety (50 minutes):

For many years now the American foreign policy has been characterized by the strong tie between the United States and Israel. Does the United States in fact keep Israel on its feet? And how long will it continue to do so? In March 2006 the American political scientists John Mearsheimer (University of Chicago) and Steve Walt (Harvard) published the controversial article 'The Israel Lobby and US foreign policy'. In it they state that it is not, or no longer, expedient for the US to support and protect present-day Israel. The documentary sheds light on both parties involved in the discussion: those who wish to maintain the strong tie between the US and Israel, and those who were critical of it and not infrequently became 'victims' of the lobby. The question arises to what extend the pro-Israel lobby ultimately determines the military and political importance of Israel itself. Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson (Colin Powell's former chief-of-staff) explains how the lobby's influence affects the decision-making structure in the White House.
With political scientist John Mearsheimer, neocon Richard Perle, lobby organization AIPAC, televangelist John Hagee, historian Tony Judt, Human Rights Watch director Kenneth Roth, colonel Lawrence Wilkerson, Democrat Earl Hilliard, Israeli peace negotiator Daniel Levy and investigative journalist Michael Massing.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by Mdv2]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
I'll refrain this time from commenting,

Yeah, thanks for that. That's really helpful.

You offer no indication at all why I should take the time to download a 117MB file - which would take me around 10 hours on dial-up - other than it's "worth while"?

I'll not bother, thanks.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
You offer no indication at all why I should take the time to download a 117MB file - which would take me around 10 hours on dial-up - other than it's "worth while"?

I'll not bother, thanks.

I see where you are coming from. Perhaps naive, but here in the Netherlands no one has Dial Up connection any more; it just didn't cross my mind there are people out there who still have it. Apologies for that.

Just added some information concerning the video.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

I'll not bother, thanks.

I see where you are coming from. Perhaps naive, but here in the Netherlands no one has Dial Up connection any more; it just didn't cross my mind there are people out there who still have it. Apologies for that.

Just added some information concerning the video.

Apology accepted. Just for the record, even though I live only a few miles from one of the biggest cities in England, I can't actually get broadband where I live!

However, even if I had broadband, I'd still be a bit reluctant to spend 50 minutes of my life watching something with little or no explanation as to why I should be watching it.

top topics

join