It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open the wormhole...in your mind???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
It is said that most humans only use 10% of their minds, what if you pushed your minds capacity to 100%? Would a wormhole be activated perhaps? Has any one ever reached the point of time travel? Through dreams or meditation? Can you visit the past, present and future? Can you tell somebody from long ago or long from now that you love them? Can you talk to them?

Has anyone ever unlocked the true potential nature of the pineal Gland?

I have seen the tree branches leaves grow while retracting at the same time only to breed life into it's neighbors. I have seen the ground beneath me breathe. I have seen gardens where the earth was bare and flowers grow in the most unimaginable places. I have seen the sky swoon with lightining and vengeance and calm with the soothing scent of fresh rain. I have seen the months go by like weeks, a week fly bye within minutes and I have seen the sun, moon and the stars pass within seconds.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by 12.21.12]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I always subscribed to the notion that if you used 100% of your brain at any one time, you would electrocute yourself.

As I understand it:

Each little receptor in your brain fires off signals or recieves them. These signals are electrical. When they do either of these actions, many of the sites around the site recieving/transmitting stay 'dormant', perhaps acting as insulators/blocks.

I, and nobody as of yet, can say for sure that this is why the brain functions in the active/dormant pattern. But maybe it's the only way we can think without frying ourselves.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I do feel that time travel is possible threw thought, even if it is as an observer. I was just thinking today as I was listening to some old music, how it brought back vivid memories of the past........I traveled in time that instant even if I just observed as a bystander.... I feel there's something to that and I can't put my finger on it...... Memories, time travel, thought..............If not in the body then maybe by the mind?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
is 'threw' an american spelling of the word 'through'? I only ask because I've seen 'threw' used instead of 'through' so many times on this website.

As you were.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
It is said that most humans only use 10% of their minds, what if you pushed your minds capacity to 100%? Would a wormhole be activated perhaps? [edit on 25-10-2008 by 12.21.12]

It would. I've done it. It's scary. And they suck.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
It is said that most humans only use 10% of their minds
[edit on 25-10-2008 by 12.21.12]

No. That is a myth. If it were true, people wouldn't be severely impaired from minor brain injuries.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I'll bite:

Would you care to tell us how this happened? When this happened?

How was it, what happened?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'm always looking to expand my mind and find new ways of thinking.................I think your on to something, I just can't put my finger on it.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Well this is my previous thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I don't know for sure if it might be able to provide us with any insight or not, but maybe some important information to consider.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Thanks this is very interesting................

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by spines
reply to post by wigit

I'll bite:

Would you care to tell us how this happened? When this happened?

How was it, what happened?

Hiya Spines,
this happened in 1995 or 96. I was taking an interest in meditation/astral travel type stuff.

One afternoon I lay down and tried to blank my mind, just to see what would happen. I've posted the full story a couple of times on this site so to cut it real short I got into a state where I was still awake and aware but thinking nothing.
That darkness we see behind closed eyelids, (muddy brown I call it), got a bit sparkly, the sparks started to spin and a black dot appeared in the centre and gradually grew bigger. It got to a size that almost filled my closed eyed view and was surrounded by a ring of these sparkling particles. And then it started to pull me into it with a force. I was terrified and couldn't move, a'la sleep paralysis style, (though I wasn't asleep). I managed to pull out of it, fell onto the floor in total shock, trying to tell myself, "that didn't happen", " BUT IT DID!!" sorta thing.

Still full of curiosity, and kicking myself for being so afraid, I did the very same thing another two times over the next week or so with exact same results, i.e. far too afraid to let go and see what would happen.

I've been given a variety of explanations for what happened. Some folk say I was lucid dreaming, it was a hallucination, someone else said it was a wormhole I saw and NEVER to enter one. My gut instinct is the same now as it was the first time this happened, I saw a hole, and the label "wormhole" seems to fit perfectly.

For a few weeks, maybe a couple of months after, I had so many prophetic dreams, synchronicities, and one semi-major "kundalini" type incident that I have to say I'm sure were all connected to the "wormhole" experience.

My technique was - lie down, close your eyes and watch. First time took me almost 2 hours, second and third times much quicker.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by wigit]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I once had a dream that I went back in time… probably about 6 years back. It was so strange! The dream was VERY lucid. I was fully immersed in the past with all details intact, and yet I had a perfect recollection of the present time that I was really in.

In the dream I suddenly got all excited. I grabbed my wife and told her, “I know this sounds really weird, but I’m from the future…” It was as if ALL my future was suddenly downloaded into my past-self. I hate to say it, but the first thing I thought of was how could I use my knowledge about the future to improve my financial status… as soon as I did that, I woke up.

To this day, I believe that I time traveled. It was just too real.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
i have not read all of that snopes link, but i thought recently it was founded that we use 10-11% of our brain AT A TIME. meaning that we do use all of our brain. just not all at the same time. it might be in that snopes link.

but i wanted to add a little story. theres a kid on my nephews baseball team that has a little brother. the little brother had something wrong with his brain ie. a tumor or something to that effect. so he needed to have half his brain removed. when this was done the doctors said he would never walk,talk, or even think normal in his life. this kid is only about 5 or 6 years old, and he does walk and talk and can hold a conversation. well as well as any other 5 or 6 year old. i guess this doesn't really have anything to do with this thread, but i thought it was a nice story.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
hey keef, yeah what happens in cases like this is that non-specific areas of the cerebral cortex adapt to perform functions that now missing, more specified parts of the brain normally control. It does have SOME bearing on this thread as it shows the ability of the brain to go above and beyond normal function.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikk7111
I do feel that time travel is possible threw thought, even if it is as an observer. I was just thinking today as I was listening to some old music, how it brought back vivid memories of the past........I traveled in time that instant even if I just observed as a bystander.... I feel there's something to that and I can't put my finger on it...... Memories, time travel, thought..............If not in the body then maybe by the mind?

Just to add to this I did dream a whole day once 15 years before I lived it. I actually played with a gameboy before it was invented! Being played out I believe were the dynamics or certainly physics to do with time-travel.
I didn't travel in time but my consciousness certainly did.

Shine on.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well since were on the topic of dreams, I would like to mention a few of mine. Many are about the future, some are spiritual.

I once had a dream that I was walking on water, in a lake and thought to myself "What am I Jesus or something?" but what I realized was that I was at an actual place on earth where time was either non-existent or speed up dramatically, so it was like some sort of a spiritual plane on earth so to speak. So anyways I am walking on water and in front of me I see some roman style architecture similar to a courtyard, with pillars and a roof on top of the pillars of the platform with steps leading up to it from the shore.. Right there in the middle of the platform is standing "Mother Mary" she looked the same as she is usually depicted usually on statues wearing Blue draped down across her feet. Her arms spread open as you would often see depicted in pictures.

During this time, I also noticed that the sun had risen and sunk about seven times as did the moon within a matter of minutes. There were thunderstorms and clear blue skies that seemed to flash in front of me, like the blink of an eye.

So I see this rock in the water sticking out and decide to sit there for a minute and regain my strength, when a giant wave catches me and sends me flying about a hundred feet backwards, remember everything was happening really fast and there was a storm going on at this point in my dream, so this wave was like the mother of all waves. At this time I land in the water close to the shore, but no longer surfacing on top of the water the way I did when I was walking. I was at that point very close to shore so I dragged my feet through the water back to shore.

The interesting thing about this is that I still am not sure what the dreams message was intending to convey to me. The other thing is that about a year ago, I accidentally stumbled across a similar place on earth on the internet that has the same architecture and looked the same as it did in my dream, I think it is in Greece or somewhere. I had written down the actual site on a piece of paper and saved it. Right now I don't know where that piece of paper is, so I am afraid I do not remember the name of the site.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Another dream I had was reoccuring, I had it several times in my early childhood age3-6. Often times it was the very same dream, except each time the plot would unfold a bit more and I would notice things that I hadn't before.

Basically I was on an airplane with my mother and there were hijackers on the plane who had smuggled deadly venomous snakes on the plane, mainly cobras. The hijackers themselves were of middle-eastern descent and had carried the snakes and had them contained in what looked like, hemp lunch bags. They would start from the back end of the plane, realeasing the snakes through all levels of the plane as they made their way up to the cockpit. The passengers where in absolute hysteria running all over the place in a complete panic, so distracted by the snakes that the hijackers were easily able to accomplish what they where about to do. I had a close encounter with a cobra snake and that was usually the point of the dream when I would wake up.

Then sometime in 2000 I had a dream about some friends and I hanging out on the second story in an apartment building when suddenly we became alarmed by an automatic weapon ebign fire into the window. Everybody hit the ground and I made my way to the window and peered out to see a helicopter with a gunman, also of middleeastern descent at this time taking aim at the apartment next to us. Across the street I noticed a few victims lying in the street where an ambulance painted completely black, with no identifying marks whatsoever had arrived and was frantically putting these people on stretchers and hauling them to safety, inside of the ambulance.

Most of the other dreams I have had are by no mistake dreams of the future. I have had many dreams of massive UFO flyovers and landings, close encounters with Greys.

Some dreams that may be of past lives, one where I was pinned down in gun fire behind a pile of rubble and the action was so real and intense that I could feel the loose gravel hitting my shins as bullets ricochet off of the ground.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Hey, kinda new to ATS. Been reading here for a while and figured it was time to start chatting.

Wigit, when I read about your experience I was amazed at how similar it was to something I experienced last year.

Basically after having been in bed for about half hour I decided to try and clear my mind and settle myself with a little meditation. I was fairly new to it and usually started by relaxing and following the colours that would appear on what you referred to as 'muddy brown'.

This particular night there were no colours, but a tiny dot that appeared to be far away in this 'muddy brown'. I focused on it and it began to grow, until eventually it began to look like a full eclipse, a dark round centre with light behind. Like how you described the black dot and the sparks.

Anyway, while focusing, the light from behind increased in brightness until it was completley light. It was as though I had opened my eyes on a bright sunny day and it took a while to focus them. As they focused I saw what I would describe as the back of a warehouse in an open yard. I didn't recognise it and still don't.

At that moment in time it was as though I was actually standing there. The brightness of the light and the atmosphere felt real, nothing like a dream, and I was most certainly not asleep.

I was so shocked at what had happened, and shocked too that when I opened my eyes the room was dark. The experience couldn't have lasted more than maybe a minute or two in total but it will last in my memory.

My intial thought was that I had acheived a level of meditation I hadn't before. I can't really explain it, but can say it was as real as it could be.

Maybe I did travel down a wormhole, that would be cool!!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Sorry I don't have any references right now but I remembered this unusual fact from my undergraduate studies in Psych...

I don't mean to downplay your theory but brain scans show that people with mental disorders actually use a greater percentage of their brain, while those who are in higher states of consciousness use a smaller, more refined percentage of brain power. Somewhat like a well 'oiled' computer, the brain works best when running at greater efficiency.

Scans of super, non-savant intellectuals show they use less brain power than people with

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
That vortex may have been the tunnel out some people use when having oobes. Its one of the ways some people report the start of their experiences, although some just pop out. I've seen a similar tunnel and got scared when I felt a pull into it, so it stopped.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join