It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(while we're at it) Praying Mantis Kills humming Bird

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll seeing how we have a spider one. we might as well do mantis' aswell

www.birdwatchersdigest.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
those are some great pictures!
I too admire the mantis speed and power! relative for its size, the hummingbird is pretty big and fast!

makes one wonder the what ifs...
If insects were bigger we would be in a lot of trouble...

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

Awesome! Thanks for the post. In some ways, mantis' are even freakier than spiders. Totally bizzare eyes and just how creepy are those spindly legs? Impaled a hummer mid flight? Wow.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I see your new to this forum Ghost.
Rather than creating a new thread for all these things, just use existing ones, or perhaps maybe you could have called this thread "freaks of nature" or something. That way me posting this video fits perfectly.

Just think about what other posters could use your threads for, if you get what I mean.
Don't take this as an attack on you, just a slight learning curve.

Oh, a late welcome from your pal Chukkles.
And that is one cool Avatar, you mind if I ask were it's from?

[edit on 25-10-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
actually ive been on here for a year now. Greg Petchkovsky made the CG art in my avatar.

and these arent "freaks of nature" this is perfectly natural. most people just are blinded by the furry things that only eat pellets (however would also eat raw meat, but guess what the pet store sells).

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost147
actually ive been on here for a year now. Greg Petchkovsky made the CG art in my avatar.

and these arent "freaks of nature" this is perfectly natural. most people just are blinded by the furry things that only eat pellets (however would also eat raw meat, but guess what the pet store sells).

Ok my bad, I took your i'm too young for this forum to mean you were new, I shoulda just looked at your reg date.

Props to Greg Petchkovsky, thats an awesome pic of what I assume to be a sea dwelling alien.

That is an extremely late welcome then.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

From your link I found this article:

The Importance of Being Eaten

www.birdwatchersdigest.com...

Although I find truth and grace within this article, it is also very similar to the reasoning behind why some humans seem to be 'blessed' or 'protected' from injury or harm. What is the difference, (while we are at it?).

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Oh and while we are at it, explain how this differs from what you percieve as within the natural flow of conscious choice.

Protecting - Keeping God's people out of physical danger, as in the cases of Daniel and the lions, and his three friends in the fiery furnace (Daniel 3 and 6).

And what of these animals? When their owners are deployed so that you maintain the freedom to be here on line judgeing others and their intent, purpose or choices, gathering others of like mind to put down another who sees things differently, then would you also say that these animals fate would be to be abandoned and placed in harms way? It would naturally be their fate...

www.guardianangelsforsoldierspet.org...

It takes all kinds in this world. I would not make choices which would lead to the destruction of the natural flow of the cycle of life, yet once in a while I find myself in the position to make choices, choices that are both personal and those of my deepest conscience.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by antar]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Are we still discussing this or is this over now?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
im not too sure what your arguing antar. (ps, please dont bring the thought of god into this, no offence).

new topics

top topics

join