It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buried Antarctic Mountain Range Shouldn't Exist at All

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Buried Antarctic Mountain Range Shouldn't Exist at All

www.foxnews.com

An Antarctic mountain range that rivals the Alps in elevation will be probed this month by an expedition of scientists using airborne radar and other Information Age tools to virtually "peel away" more than 2.5 miles (4 kilometers) of ice covering the peaks.

One of the mysteries of the mountain range is that current evidence suggests that it "shouldn't be there" at all.

The researchers hope to find answers there to some basic questions about the nature of the southernmost continent, including the massive East Antarctic Ice Sheet.

For instance, it is unclear how Antarctica came to be ice-covered in the first place, and whether that process began millions of years
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.livescience.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
none found

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Little is known about these Gamburtsev Mountains, their origin, how long they have been there and are they the reason for all that ice down there.

"Because the heart of East Antarctica is so difficult to get to, we know very little about it," she said. "We think also that there's a strong possibility that the mountains are the birthplace of the East Antarctic Ice Sheet."

Over 30 million years ago, ice began to grow around the peaks, eventually burying the range and its surrounding lakes.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I read this and I got a very Lovecraftian chill down my spine....
Plateau of Lang anyone?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
If anyone knows of any research into this, I would love to see it...

Semper

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Personally, this could be a sign that im thinking wich may lead somekind of new MAJOR DISCOVERY slowly revealing itself step by step. I'm woundering what they are exactly going to find if they do. (I just have that feeling)

If they find anything extremely shocking, well lets just say the Gov already knew about it then.

Live science has some other information thats interesting. www.livescience.com...

--

The Dulce papers[considered real conspiracy to people] mention a Zeta Reticuli Arctic base underground - now someone should read this below ;

HP Lovecraft made a good story have a read and then some![fun fictional]

(((((((((((((-------- Servitor races created through genetic experiments: The Greys, the Shoggoths, etc.)))

This Antarctic mountain range is home to a ruined city of the Elder Things, still occupied by Shoggoths, discovered by a Miskatonic University expedition in the 1930s.

Cthulhu Mythos (not all of it just stolen parts, read the actual story on link below)

The Old Ones were, the Old Ones are, and the Old Ones shall be. Not in the spaces we know, but between them, they walk serene and primal, undimensioned and to us unseen. Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.

Them not; and their habitation is even one with your guarded threshold. Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once; They shall soon rule where man rules now. After summer is winter, after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall they reign again.

More www.maison-otaku.net...

[edit on 25-10-2008 by Gillespie]

[edit on 25-10-2008 by Gillespie]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Starting here would be good

en.wikipedia.org...

Turkish cartographer Piri Reis mapped this and has even been confirmed

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gillespie
(((((((((((((-------- Servitor races created through genetic experiments: The Greys, the Shoggoths, etc.)))

I believe that the bulk of your post is referring to the mountains of madness, correct me if I'm misunderstanding you here.

The "greys" were talked about at length in the "fungi from yuggoth" a long poem he wrote. But not at all in MoM.
The races he talks about in MoM are the old ones, basically the things that created us and the shoggoths (shoggoths being semi sentient clumps of mass without shape or form) and the cthuloids and everyone knows what those are.
I do find it interesting that he mentions the greys from yuggoth and the old ones being more plant than animal, I've heard stories about aliens being plantlike.

Just a thought.

I did make the connection myself however. It seems almost too...right.

One thing I dont understand, and I hope someone can explain it to me, why isn't the mountain range supposed to be there?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Not to bump, but nobody? No ideas?

new topics

top topics

join