It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Terrorist strikes on four American cities" if Obama becomes President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Terrorist strikes on four American cities. Russia rolling into Eastern Europe. Israel hit by a nuclear bomb. Gay marriage in every state. The end of the Boy Scouts. All are plausible scenarios if Democrat Barack Obama is elected president, according to a new addition to the campaign conversation called "Letter from 2012 in Obama's America," produced by the conservative Christian group Focus on the Family Action.

The imagined look into the future is part of an escalation in rhetoric from Christian right activists who are trying to paint Obama in the worst possible terms as the campaign heads into the final stretch and polls show the Democrat ahead.

Although hard-edge attacks are common late in campaigns, the tenor of the strikes against Obama illustrate just how worried conservative Christian activists are about what should happen to their causes and influence if Democrats seize control of both Congress and the White House.

Source: Yahoo! News

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Interesting claims. There is no reports of whether there is any evidence to back them up though, although i do agree that evidence would be highly unlikely to exist.

Funny they dropped 2012 in there? Probably just because the next US election would be in that year, but with all the conspiracy theories flying around, why not throw a Christian one in there too.

It makes me sad to see America so divided over this election, to the point where threats of violence etc. have to enter into politics. Personally, as I've stated before, I don't think any true change can come to America from either candidate.

Thoughts on this Christian groups claims?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Terrorist strikes on four American cities. Russia rolling into Eastern Europe. Israel hit by a nuclear bomb. Gay marriage in every state. The end of the Boy Scouts.

I just can't take this seriously...

This author sees acts of war and terrorism as the same kind of bad as gay marraige and the loss of the Boy Scouts? Someone needs to get their priorities, erm, straight!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I don't take this seriously either. It's more fear-mongering by the right. That's all it is.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
sounds like propaganda to me....I hope you americans are not taking it seriously...

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Great find!

I'm sure no one even saw it on the front page of Yahoo as one of their lead stories.

Too often those just sneak on by because of the obscurity factor.

Good Job!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I personally dont like seeing McCain on TV saying it doesnt have to happen! Just who do they think they are to fear monger like this?

It doesnt have to happen? Is that a threat from the McCain camp?
Trying to say if Obama gets in office that there will be an attack to test his mettle?
Even with Joe's own words they use fear and try to tell us something in a round about way.. That they are in control of the terror.. And if Obama gets in office they will attack. But it doesnt have to be that way if McCain gets in office..
Purely scare tactics uses by the McCain camp. Is this all these guys know is fear and being bullies?
When Obama gets in office and there is an attack, you know thats going to open another can of worms that should never have to be opened.
Most of us know what types of people we are dealing with here.
Yet when it comes to the MSM we are crazy.. Yet they are the ones dropping the hints, and tale tell signs of an up comming conspiracy.
They seem to love to control all sides of the road here.
Make it seem like they have more power than they really have.. While the whole time turning us into puppets to play across their stage they set up for us.. Its all controled. yet totally out of control.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
For me, this is where separation of church and state comes in. I am in a Bible study of Focus on the Family's Truth Project right now, and I think it is awesome. This letter, on the other hand, is offensive to me. People need to be allowed to make choices. We can't legislate the choices of others away. Those choices should be informed. Consequences must be considered. I believe choices based on Biblical priorities backed by Scriptural references should be made by individuals, for themselves, in their daily lives, not forced on others at the ballot box. Call me crazy, but I believe that is what Jesus intended for us in His teachings.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
In other words, "Boo!" What they are doing is the equivalent of someone putting a bed sheet over their head picking up a stick in the yard, going back inside and pretending to be a ghost, saying, "Woooo, the place is haunted. Get out. Woooo."

They are still fear mongering/saber rattling with the same old tripe they've been using for 30+ years now. Why do they do it? Because it has always worked for them in the past. It is propaganda, plain and simple. Their assertions are impossible. Who sees gay marriage actually legal in any of the deep southern states in the US? Not on your life. Impossible.

Those comments from Focus on the Family reek of over the top paranoia and fear mongering. They say that kind of stuff every election, because it keeps working for them.

Anyone who buys that and makes their decision on who to vote for based on what they say is merely acting as a pawn in a very expensive power grab. Be free. Vote how you see fit despite how those with vested interests in the election tell you to vote.

new topics

top topics

join