It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lightning strikes only once — but kills 52 cows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Lightning strikes only once — but kills 52 cows

www.freep.com

MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay — A lightning strike killed 52 cows pressed against a wire fence during a storm, the newspaper El Pais reports.

A photograph released by the San Jose Police Department shows the black and brown cows lying dead in a long row on a ranch in the northern state of San Jose.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
You can click on the link to see the photo. Wow..52 cows struck by lightening at once? I guess they all gathered around the wire fence when it happened. What are the odds of this happening? Any cattle farmers out there have anything similar happen? I could see a couple of cows getting zapped, but fifty-two?

www.freep.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
In my opinion from seeing cattle all the time, They normally always stay together in a group, they are a herd animal, never strung out in a line is just wierd! ....hmm 52 weeks in a year...

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Somebody had a very big cook out that night....Wow 52 that's a big number. I wonder whats the most deaths caused by lightning in one night....52?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
anyone got a grill, we can cook up quite a few hamburgers

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I agree. Do you see the path on the inside of the fence? It also looks like all their heads are pointing the same way.

I think they were traveling some where when the bolt hit..

Probably going to water or coming back. Bad luck no matter what. I've had three cows killed by lighting, one at a time.

Roper

join