It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If I was Jesus (Hear me out)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
What if I, or you, or anyone else growing up as a teenager or young adult today was the reincarnation of Jesus? Would we be able to resist the temptations of modern life? Assuming we had some sort of knowledge given to us by God, would we be convinced that it was just Schizophrenia or another psychological disorder of our mind? Would we not want to live a peaceful and happy "regular" life, or would we drop everything and believe that we were the person that so many billion in the world are waiting on?

I feel like if Jesus has been reincarnated and is living among us right now, they would have a very hard time buying into the idea that they were in fact the Second Coming of Jesus. What do you think? Lets try to assume here that the Second Coming is an actuality and not a myth.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Do you think you are who you are or do you think you are someone else? Of course you are who you are right now and have just as much right to be yourself, as the person you think you may have a common spirit with. If you were the reincarnation of Jesus, you would be aware of who you were because he was the son of god. Your main problem would be to restrain yourself from being too full of yourself and becoming Satan, instead of a force for good.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

It sounds like you are doubting the power of God, but just to play along... because I am bored to death!

Haven't you ever known someone who was just sickingly good?Lol A grandma? The little girl in school with glasses, with her nose always stuck in a book and she always had the A+'s on all her papers?

There are really good people in the world, they may be few and far between, but they exist.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

I think you nailed it head on.

If someone actually were a Messiah, (because they might not be named Jesus in this life) I think they might just believe they were crazy. At least at first. It would be a very difficult thing to be a Messiah in this day and age. We have too clearly identified the "messianic complex."

en.wikipedia.org...

In the most extreme cases, people with a messiah complex may see themselves as spiritual/religious messiahs with transcendent powers who are destined to save the world.

And, if the Messiah were reincarnated or reborn, or whatever term is suitable for Christians, I think the vast majority of people would never know it. They would not recognize the message, they would think he/she was a nutter, or Satan come to trick them.

I think a Messiah born today would eventually figure it out, that they were not crazy, but I am not sure what they would do. I think there is a possibility that they may try to "preach" the message to billions. But, there is also the possibility that they may decide that since it didnt work the first time, that maybe there was another way to bring about heaven on Earth without trying the exact same tactic.

Good thread. It was interesting to consider.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

You do bring up an interesting point. As a person who attaches the label "christian" to themself, I understand fully, there won't be another messiah because Jesus is the "one." The Jews refuse to look at the deeper spiritual biblical lessons he brought and most that practice Islam are too far gone to backtrack down the path, and once and for all delve into the teachings, to truly enlighten them. All of them are under a curse of never seeing or hearing spiritually because they have calloused hearts. I'll even be as brave as to say tons of people who call themselves "christians" are under the curse too.

All servants, messengers, prophets and even Jesus bear one thing in common - anointment.

So the real questions would be (in my opinion) 'would a person recognize they have been anointed to do any type of job for God and if they did recognize it how would they handle it'?

History has a funny way of repeating itself, so if a person was to recognize they were anointed to do something for God they would be well versed in how anointings take place and work. How they would handle it depends on their personailty. They could be a bit mouthy and full of zeal like John the Baptist or they could be nice, neat and all proper like Esther. Perhaps even a combination of the two.

I'm positive anointings take place today but I think if a person were to be, they would be very careful how they would execute the message because many people can become resentful if they think 'he/she knows something I don't', so there would definately be a need to wear kid gloves, to avoid ritualistic problems, to get their job done.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I think there is a possibility that they may try to "preach" the message to billions. But, there is also the possibility that they may decide that since it didnt work the first time,

Or this Messiah soon realizes that because their message is new and not orthodox, they may be referred to as the Anti-Christ, by those who claim to follow him!

Also, this person may not be the actual Jesus incarnate, but a descendent of his!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet

I think there is a possibility that they may try to "preach" the message to billions. But, there is also the possibility that they may decide that since it didnt work the first time,

Or this Messiah soon realizes that because their message is new and not orthodox, they may be referred to as the Anti-Christ, by those who claim to follow him!

Also, this person may not be the actual Jesus incarnate, but a descendent of his!

To be anti-christ means to be against the anointing. People who know Jesus' voice will be able to discern if someone brings a teaching forward that is not his. This is explicitly why Jesus said his followers "KNOW" his voice and will never follow another. We are to be on guard against deceptions, which will accompany, the last days.........

Everything is done that needed to be done and his kingdom is not of this world.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct

People who know Jesus' voice will be able to discern if someone brings a teaching forward that is not his. This is explicitly why Jesus said his followers "KNOW" his voice and will never follow another. We are to be on guard against deceptions, which will accompany, the last days.........

I agree with that. Those who truly know the voice of Jesus will understand his message and not follow a false one.

Where I will become unpopular with many Christians is that I think that what we today call "Christianity" as practiced by the majority, has nothing to do with the message of Christ. I would argue that the deception has already occurred, and it occurred shortly after his death.

Just look at the message of Jesus, to love one another, to forgive, to not judge, and look at the world. It is estimated that there are 2.1 billion Christians in the world. And, by and large, they are concentrated in the most powerful countries in the world. If they were following the voice of Jesus, the world would not look this way.

Which is why I argue that if and when the Messiah returns, there will be very few who know it. Calling oneself a Christian is simply not enough. Jesus himself said that over and over again.

www.biblegateway.com...

12Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

I would argue the world is full of ravening wolves in sheeps clothing, and my "proof" of this is the fruit of the world. We would not see around us what we do if it were not so.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I agree with everything you just said. What I find so sad is that most people who call themselves christians don't even realize they are really in the dark.

Jesus warned the people of his day, that "the experts in the law" had taken away the key to knowledge. The experts didn't enter themselves and they hindered the people who were trying to enter. Nothing has changed and everything is lost in translation.

The kingdom is now. Jesus and John before him, preached a message that the kingdom was "near." The work is done and we are in a "now" moment.

WAKE UP people.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If he's around he ain't in church, and probably pretty close to seeming like an Average guy - maybe even to himself.

If I were him, I wouldn't be anxious to come out and say - hey here I am.
Too easy to get crucified again. I don't believe that 99% of the Christians would recognize him IF they listened to him.

I wouldn't want to be identified as a Christian - too many unchristian Christians around. Too anxious to dispel everything to prove to themselves to be Proper. when the vast majority do nothing but parrot the preacher. - Way too fast to denounce the Jews for not understanding the very things that the Christians don't understand.

If I was him and decided to surface, I'd surface from amongst the Jews - knowing that they would recognize the Messiah. (But there are a number of things that MUST happen before they would recognize the Messiah as actually being the Messiah - and building the Third Temple is one)

top topics

join