It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Video] The Economy Crisis in Short

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
How to lose a Trillion Dollars

This may be old news, but I thought this video by Thunderf00t was pretty good. Put things in perspective for me.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm going to have to call bull on this video. The regulators that should have been doing there jobs weren't doing it. They were calling for investigations of Fannie and Freddie since 2003, but the committees in the senate blocked all attempts of it.

I'm sick of people trying to blame capitalism on this crisis.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This video is bull and is an example of the tragic result of this crisis. Capitalism is taking it on the chin and the masses are going to run to the shelter of government to save them.

The tech bubble of the 90's and now the housing bubble / credit crisis are all systems of the real problem: the centralized control of the banking system through the fed artificially manipulating interest rates and flooding the market with credit.

True there are a lot of corrupt or stupid businessmen who took advantage of this policy. But there are just as many if not more corrupt bureaucrats, regulators and politicians who allowed or in some cases encouraged this to happen.

The system does not need more regulation it needs transparency and accountability. Unfortunately I do not see this happening anytime soon and things will have to get much worse until we wake up and realize we can not count on the government to solve our problems.

new topics

join