It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop, Breathe, Do you SEE what they are Doing to all of us?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kcire

o I have decided that the change that might come from the internet takes time. Maybe we do not have the time, but slowly but surely more and more people get the or a message. So let's hope there are some 'usefull' people between them that haven't received it yet.

There is reason to be hopeful. This article was published today:

Oct 27, 5:23 PM (ET)

By ANICK JESDANUN

NEW YORK (AP) - Circulation at the nation's daily newspapers is falling faster than anticipated this year as readers continue their migration to the Internet and papers narrow their distribution to cut costs.

The development, which compounds the fiscal challenge of plummeting advertising revenue, was revealed Monday when the Audit Bureau of Circulations released sales totals reported by newspapers for April through September.

Combined weekday circulation of all 507 papers that reported circulation totals this year and last averaged 38,165,848 in the six months ending in September, 4.6 percent below 40,022,356 a year earlier. The aggregate drop was only 2.6 percent in the September 2007 period, compared with September 2006.

Sunday circulation fell faster than daily - 4.8 percent, to 43,631,646 at the 571 papers with comparable totals. A year ago, Sunday circulation fell 3.5 percent.

Daily circulation at 16 of the 25 largest papers fell more than 5 percent in the latest period.

Circulation has been dropping at newspapers for decades, a trend sped up by readers shifting to the Internet. Newspapers also have lost advertising in recent years because of the Internet, and that decline accelerated this summer as the weak economy prompted advertisers to pull back on spending.

source: apnews.myway.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
I tend to dream the impossible dream quite often, and I've always been that way.

Certainly understood. Especially when you receive so much positive encouragement. I hope you'll excuse my pragmatism, it's just that my mind tells me that while the world is a big place, it is also a very small place. And I see much greater success in affecting that much smaller world that lies right outside our doors.

Please, do dare to dream. But while doing so, I think it perhaps important for all of us to remember that if we only look up, we won't be paying attention to where we step, or upon whom. And I believe that's what got us here in the first place.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

Certainly understood. Especially when you receive so much positive encouragement. I hope you'll excuse my pragmatism, it's just that my mind tells me that while the world is a big place, it is also a very small place. And I see much greater success in affecting that much smaller world that lies right outside our doors.

Actually, as a Professor, I was routinely severely criticized by my colleagues for believing( and acting upon those beliefs) that students could learn whatever was taught, provided we showed faith in them, AND provided education in a way that they could relate to. I would consider that dreaming, (with not much encouragement), but all my life, I also acted on those dreams. If all we do is dream, and not try to fulfill those dreams, then we are being dishonest about those dreams.
Perhaps the encouragement you are talking about is the realization that maybe the ways of contention and name-calling aren't working. I have always believed in trying to find the win-win solution. Too often today, people end up choosing the lose-win or lose-lose way.
Absolutely we should start outside our door, but if we are successful there, why STOP there?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Absolutely we should start outside our door, but if we are successful there, why STOP there?

We shouldn't. All I mean is that we should achieve that small step first. As the goal grows, so do the requirements to fulfill it, and so does the potential for disillusionment. This isn't to deter anyone from dreaming the possibilities, but rather encouraging all of us to remember that the fabled journey begins with the fabled first step, followed by the second and so on. The next can't be taken before completing the one before it.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

This isn't to deter anyone from dreaming the possibilities, but rather encouraging all of us to remember that the fabled journey begins with the fabled first step, followed by the second and so on. The next can't be taken before completing the one before it.

I second that motion. I believe the journey ahead will test the world in ways that it never has. The stakes are extremely high, with any number of players capable of starting a war which could result in the destruction of mankind, if the wrong moves are made.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
My question is as to why these shadow leaders who manipulate the masses care about manipulating them in the first place?

...my guess is that these were people who saw the world differently than the rest of their peers and excelled beyond them. Naturally they saw the usefulness of manipulating others to feed them and their enlightened perspective.

Just as we treat animals and plants, they too see us in the same manner....as a way to feed them.....this happened long before Earth as it is a part of our nature....as there is always a continuation of life, a difference in age from one passing moment of evolution to the next.

Right now, the common theme about this modern day slavery is that breaking away from this system would give you complete freedom from these shadow leaders....however are you completely free?

What is freedom? The ability to do as we will? Well what if what we 'will' is determined by another?....and isn't another person more or less just 'us'? Aren't we are just basically energy all intertwined?

So basically from all this I can conclude:
So long as these shadow leaders remain, so long as we allow it.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I dont understand. "They" control the wealth? Where do they go spend all this "wealth" when the rest of us are the ones who see what is going on? Are they just hoarding away this money for some big purchase? I see this topic time and time again about a few people in charge wanting all the wealth but in reality if they had all this money then the people would see them spend it. And if they didnt spend it then what good would the wealth be doing them? Are they driving fancy cars and living in big houses LOL? No? They are controlling countries? But still what do they do with this moeny?

I've just visited several threads that have one thing in common. Each thread develops two "sides", and those sides go after each other with a vengeance.
England against Iceland, Obama against McCain, Wall Street against Main Street, each blaming the other, WHILE THE REAL CULPRITS sit back, laugh and wait for the wars to start.
Who are those that are sitting back and waiting?

You know who they are, those that always instigated the wars, the fights, the phony political disputes. They are the people that control the wealth.
Some say they are the Illuminati, the NWO, the Masons, the Bilderbergers, the Templars, and a whole list of boogymen. They're too smart to have a name. They don't need one. They are pulling all of the strings. The Golden Rule, those that have the gold make the rules.

Please stop blaming each other. These are just diversions that are keeping you from concentrating on what should be done. You're so busy fighting each other, you are being blinded by those that have put you in jeorpardy.
This is a CONSPIRACY forum.
You want the ULTIMATE CONSPIRACY. It is being perpetrated on all of us right now, and the war has just begun.

What will YOU do, continue to fight with each other, or decide to concentrate your efforts on finding the true enemy and ferreting them out?
You're smart people, aren't you. Figure it out. It is the ultimate treasure hunt, and you have all the evidence you need right at your fingertips.
Now who is willing to PLAY?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

I don't understand. "They" control the wealth? Where do they go spend all this "wealth" when the rest of us are the ones who see what is going on? Are they just hoarding away this money for some big purchase? I see this topic time and time again about a few people in charge wanting all the wealth but in reality if they had all this money then the people would see them spend it. And if they didnt spend it then what good would the wealth be doing them? Are they driving fancy cars and living in big houses LOL? No? They are controlling countries? But still what do they do with this moeny?

The wealth buys them power. That is what makes many of these people tick. Look at the money spent by lobbyists to buy Congressional Representatives and Senators, who then vote for whatever interest the PTB hold. That, in turn, buys them more power, and the cycle goes on. Some people acquire money purely as a power trip in itself. They don't feel a need to spend it. They are hoarding it, much like some recluses save every single thing that they have ever acquired in life. Their houses are wall to wall, floor to ceiling filled with everything from old newspapers to empty cereal boxes. Anal Retentive to the extreme.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
That still doesnt make sense. Power is only good if you have money and vice versa. but at some point you have to spend otherwise its meaningless. Im thinking this whole NWO and elitest stuff is a bunch of crap. These folks get up and go to work everyday just like everyone else. they arent just sitting on thrones somewhere with harps playing.

reply to post by princeofpeace

I don't understand. "They" control the wealth? Where do they go spend all this "wealth" when the rest of us are the ones who see what is going on? Are they just hoarding away this money for some big purchase? I see this topic time and time again about a few people in charge wanting all the wealth but in reality if they had all this money then the people would see them spend it. And if they didnt spend it then what good would the wealth be doing them? Are they driving fancy cars and living in big houses LOL? No? They are controlling countries? But still what do they do with this moeny?

The wealth buys them power. That is what makes many of these people tick. Look at the money spent by lobbyists to buy Congressional Representatives and Senators, who then vote for whatever interest the PTB hold. That, in turn, buys them more power, and the cycle goes on. Some people acquire money purely as a power trip in itself. They don't feel a need to spend it. They are hoarding it, much like some recluses save every single thing that they have ever acquired in life. Their houses are wall to wall, floor to ceiling filled with everything from old newspapers to empty cereal boxes. Anal Retentive to the extreme.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by justgeneric
hehehe well here's my idea (fantasy).

The Day the World Stood Still.

En mass people say NO. No protests in the street, nothing like that. Just say no.

No work period.

If enough people did this for even a day....it would make an impact. trouble is that "enough" people would have to consist of MILLIONS.

Nice fantasy I think, next to the one I have about Brad Pitt...but that another issue...

getting an immense and vastly different group(s) of people together with different fears, worries and needs (like basics - eating, shelter etc) and have them all act completely passively????

fantasy. Will never happen.

I have envisioned for a while now something kind of like a scene from that movie Network, you know, where everyone stops what they're doing to yell from their windows "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"

But yeah, will never probably happen.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I agree that the divisiveness and the extremism in both political parties could be orchestrated by th PTB. What I've been trying to do personally at the voting booth is vote independantly and for one office vote republican then for another democrat. Like for this year I decided to go for early voting and for most part I voted Democratic except for US Senate I voted for Lamar Alexander and he's a Republican. I'm from Tennessee by the way. I know it sounds weird but I think that if we all were to vote not for the party but for the person and vote independantly like that maybe we can return are country to the center again. Most people that I talk too are complex and might be conservative on this issue and might be liberal on something else and when you look at people you could probably say most people that are in small town America are moderates. So maybe we do need a 3rd Party candidate that reflects the reality of small town America instead of New York and Hollywood. About a year ago I finally received my first dan belt in Isshinryu and through martial arts I've been branching out spiritually and discovering and learning about other religions so in that area I've grown very liberal. When It comes to the military in that area because of my father being retireed from the air force and being a military family Im still a little conservative in that part. So because of all this interests and life experiences and the older a grow I just can't identify with someone being so liberal or so conservative. I have interests in the paranormal and UFO's and martial arts and archaeology and these interests have taken me into areas that a conservative right wing christian would think is wrong and demonic. And to bet it all I still show up for church on sunday I still believe in God and I'm also trying to be more tolerant and respect other peoples spiritual paths. But I have learned that there are men who have the whole pitcure which is obvious. That christianity doesn't have the whole picture is also obvious. That even evolution,creationism,ancient astronaut theory,sitchin,annuaki,that these theories are not perfect and don't give us the whole picture and that they don't explain fully how we had this miraculous jump from ape to man with no missing links(or if the PTB have found them and won't show them to us sheep) or what or how or who gave us this miraculous step from ape to man. To me even the ancient astronaut theory just doesn't seem to fully give the big picture. There is a big picture that these masons or whatever(????) seem to have and don't want us(the sheep)to have so that they stay in control and leave us in the dark. I don't have a clue what the big picture really is and i'm really skeptical of any establishment explaination(including from religion) because in my view the jump from ape to man is miraculous and seems to have been created by some force outside the evolutionary process. And yet they hint at this extraterrestrial influence in movies and tv shows and books and yet they won't give us full disclosure about what really happened at Roswell and whether God or Gods(Elohim)or aliens or ?????? created us. I think that's why they let us really keep hating each other and from loving each other and letting us kill each other. Because if you really listened to what Jesus preached instead of trying to prove he's the Son of God but instead take what he preached and divorced it from the bible without all the doctrine and dogma you have something that sound a lot of what people where saying in the late sixties. With peace and love and be yourself. And the older I get the more I want to just be myself even if what im interested in is considered by the church's dogma to be wrong. Not be by myself but be myself. So take what I say and if it works use it and if it doesn't well don't use it(or take it to be a ravings of a lunatic). Peace live long and prosper

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Ok, Lets say for the sake of talking about, it things get violent between the left and the right in this country. Who does the left have as friends to protect them from the right? Cops, military? Dont count on it, as most of them lean right. Canada? Probably, so always keep in mind you at least can prob go north if things go nuts down here

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
preaching this for years ..

JUST DO NOTHING >>>
everyone every women every effin charity ...stop what you doing just stop ..not even 5 workdays and the world would be changed ..

BUT you know that will never happen because people are really scared little beeings with no backbone ...
nothing my friend absolutely nothing will even stop this fear in people to be different to dare to think different and to just screw the government and think for themselfs ..the lies are too deep and too long imbeeded in peoples minds
I d say ...lets all just stay home ...protest by doing nothing and this system would collapse wihtin a week ..

btw think about the use and agenda of internet boards for a second then maybe just maybe you can see the 'web' of lies is really ALL around all of us ..

Everyone has a zone to go and be kept 'busy' ...yours as many other who believe they know and trying hard to find some truth and maybe even do act different then the masses go here ..do u think you are outside the powers when posting here ..?
do you think this webpage is free and open ?
honest and unbias ?
Look at who own and runs companies ...look at the connections of these individuals and groups ..look at what else they own and support ...this is a very hard job becasue its not easy weed through all the BS but it is possible and once you see who does and own what ..what crazy connections are made ..look at what companies and organisation own
Like pros and cons of the same issue all run by the same organisations? Have a good hard look .....

YOU MY FRIEND ARE in a game ...played with your money to keep you dumb and blind ...
YOU are kept busy daily to not even stop and think ...you have no time for this ..you have to work dont you ..if you dont you cant support your famly
So you are out of the game because your a slave of it ..work sleep tv work sleep tv ...Do you really think this is life as it should be ?
or could it be that this is a game ...played in front of your eyes to keep you busy and dumb ??

Have a think about it ....

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Glad I found this thread.

I had posted my feelings and disappointment about our divisiveness in our society here ( A Call for Unity )particularly in this election period.

We have lost sight of the real issues and the issues are not "us vs them" or the blame game, nor finger pointing. It is how do we get back our govement to start working for us? I believe that the majority of our politicians have been bought-out and that the "Elite" want to keep us divided as we are more easily controlled. Our focus gets redirected into emotional issues were we can keep fighting each other.

Change needs to happen but it needs to begin with me. I will vote with the pen and with my dollar and I will hold the elected officials accountable regardless of who wins this election. Enough talk and more action. We have all been complacent to watch from the sidelines.....NO MORE!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by brownflyer

Although I have no illusions about a third party winning, I will do my small part by voting for the Constitution Party. Perhaps if enough people vote for it, it may send a message that we want to restore this country to a Constitutional Democracy, rather than the Corporate Dictatorship that we have now. The platform of the party is here:
www.constitutionparty.com...

For those who believe that our government officials have hijacked our Democracy, as I do, reading the Constitution Party Platform will show you exactly HOW they plan to restore Democracy to the United States of America.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Prof. Emeritus:

"The stakes are extremely high, with any number of players capable of starting a war which could result in the destruction of mankind, if the wrong moves are made."

The above is a little much, eh? Empires rise and fall, but mankind is pretty resilient. Every day we are having to rethink just HOW LONG we've been around at an advanced state. Sure, there may be a big war on the horizon. The writing is on the wall, but I choose not to be so defeatist.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join