It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop, Breathe, Do you SEE what they are Doing to all of us?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

How to alter this? yah got any suggestions? I sure don't

Actually I do. I have to be careful, though, because the last thread I created really had generated some great ideas (193 replies) but it was closed by the moderator for suggesting taking social action as a group, which is a violation of the T & C. So what I would like is to hear what people would do IF they could.
Note that no one is advocating doing anything. This is purely a theoretical thread, RIGHT?

Theoretical? Ok. Let's define the problem.

We have a parasitic corporation controlling our money supply. We have a fundementally corrupt government. Our government is enabling corruption and theft in the US and other countries thru the IMF, Worldbank and Wall Street.

So, we've identified a handful of "badguys". Problem is, these badguys are protected by men with guns. Men with guns that work for corrupt governments. Is there a theoretical solution to that?

Can such problems be addressed within the serious restrictions of an entertainment bulletin board?

[edit on 10/25/2008 by anonymousATS]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Rightly said but you forgot to add Christians vs Anti-Christians.
I mean I don't know if election campaigns in US are usually like that but especially with this one some people sound like if the Democrats win then a worldwide hunt of Christians will commence the next day. or if the Republicans win they will be reducing earths population about few million less people because they vow to bomb another country again. On top of that there are people that actually voicing support for these deranged philosophies! Is there any sudden surge of stupid people on the internet lately? I honestly don't know, but it seems like it.
Whats wrong with you people? Even if is not the last days of your country many of you people certainly do a very good job for making it so. Not like the world will end if you actually do, but hey, chill out!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Is there a conspiracy? you bet there is!!!!! and it's BIG, and we do have to take sides. events are unfolding and fulfilling bible prophecy right in front of our eyes. If you believe in conspiracies, you are truth seekers... and that's a good thing. can the truth be found? absolutely!!!!! There are forces in play which are out of our control, so make sure your energy spent on making "change" is spent more wisely.... Seek the truth, YOU WILL FIND IT, than it will be CLEAR on what is it YOU have to do. You just gotta know where to look.

visit: www.watchtower.org

[edit on 25-10-2008 by holywar]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
My Hallucination and Satori moment some years ago;

Of How Close Freedom is for all of us,

By Non Violent and simple means,

In less than a few Days too.

Some here may remember and have taken part in the Anti War Rallies just before the last invasion of Iraq the millions, and millions of people in

London

Rome

Paris

Washington

Rio

Johanusberg

Sydney

Bethlehem

Toronto

Tokyo

and Nearly all the "sane" people in the world together,

Well my hallucination at that event, my fantasy AS I AM NOT SUGGESTING ANYONE DO THIS, it was just a realisation whilst there.

Lets just all sit down, and not leave at the end of it.

Millions of people just sitting down, dancing, but refusing to leave/go back home to 9-5 until it was stopped.

What could they do arrest 3 million people in every capital?

I imagined in such an experience many others would come and join, bring food, blankets etc

Human gridlock in all the worlds cities, no fighting or protests, just sit down until it is done. Markets wouldn't open, people couldn't get to work, World Media, I would say 36 hours later at most we would have a differant world.

We are free, we have the power, we just wont step through that door, the real conspiracy and spin and illusion is of "their" power.

So surely as the OP says, sit down, and Breathe, and relax until our will is done it would be so in such numbers!

Too Lazy?

That was my hallucination or fantasy, I could see and taste that freedom and Peace but I think many armchair dissenters wanted just so much for the badge, clear Conscience and label of attending this, and their TV and warm home that night.

The only thing keeping us in bondage is our own minds, not them.

You can only be "used" if you let the perpetrator do it, and you play the victim role!

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 25-10-2008 by MischeviousElf]

I had to quote all of it. I am sorry, but this is beautiful!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This thread reminds me of a thing I would do at work.

There always seemed to be a guy that always thought that he was better at doing the work that I was doing.
They were often arrogant and self adsorbed were as I always helpful to others around me and altruistic in nature.

The jobs we both preformed were quite same with minor differences.
Where as he would preform the same tasks in 5 min and stand around and not do anything in between,I would have to do the same thing more or less with less weight in one minute. In my position you needed to be well organized and efficient.
as he watched me all evening I made my job look effortless while he watched me but, when he turned away I would work like a speed demon to get ahead so that I could present the falsehood that my station was easier.

so at the end of the 12hr shift I would bounce around all happy and energetic where as he was burnt out being all frustrated thinking I had it easier than him.

so on the third shift he begged and moaned to be at my station and I smiled at the boss and said ok and we switched.

Doing his job I was able to fill my time helping others and do other tasks he would not do while there and had the added bonus of laughing all shift at watching the pandemonium and chaos at his station. His arrogance and conceit got the best of him. Always remember that.

There are still people in this world that think I'm perfect and never make a mistake because I make my mistakes when no one else is looking and I usually have them resolved before anyone notices and never show your full capacity in front of others generally,and only to a trusted few.

oh and if you look at my points all i can say is i got my applauses for defending ATS in the ATS is falling apart threads and as for the rest of my points,I got most of them in chat lol.

I hpoe you all have a pefrect dhay.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Everyone has an idea to fix things but no one takes any action.

Talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than words.

There is strength in numbers. As long as those numbers are not like herds of cattle.

Americans or should I say human beings in general are followers. They won't usually fight for change but are lazy and just follow along, complaining about how they are treated but doing nothing about changing it.

It's time now to do something. Unite and do something. Nothing violent, nothing illegal, just do something.

The idea of everyone staying home just one day from work is a prime example of something that would show the powers that be just how strong we are.

I'm game!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Couple suggestions here.First,Off the TV.Your mind can't help internalizing some aspect of the relentless messages.2Flouridated water filter.This industrial byproduct is a mind numbing agent.3 I CHING I once represented myself in court in a foreign land using the I CHING as counsel.With good results,I might add.It gets you above the tall tales told and takes you to the heart of the matter on several levels.In theory,of course.I say this not to circumlocute the T&C censors but knowing no one ever takes my advice.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Sorry but no. Where would we be if we didnt all have our opinions and povs and didnt disagree with each other? A pretty boring board.

The reason i keep coming back to this site isnt because i believe in any global conspiracy or aliens or bigfoot, its because of the full and frank exchanges of intelligent views and opinion by well informed users, on both sides. Ive changed my views on many topics as a consequence of this argueing, and seen those who have feebley assembled constructs of reality educated to make them better people and posters.

We need the division, its great!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Man_Versus_AntiMan

Thank you, and agree fully. While there is a difference between "full and frank" as you put it, and what the OP is describing. It is the nature of honest debate that keeps me coming back. This is a forum, not a battlefield after all. The only thing we stand to lose is our certainty and ignorance.

But agreeably, divisive tactics based solely on ignorance should have no place in a debate.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by VenusOnTheHalfShell

There are some very interesting comments in that link you provided us with.
Thanks for joining our thread.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by siouxm

I am committed to your fine thoughts. I think most people on this thread agree also. Welcome.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by just_another_yourself

wow definetely glad someone pointed this out. i am with you on this. they are getting to us. i think the big problem on threads though is becoming more prominent, the fact that instead of acting, people are "reacting" to eachothers opposing beliefs. and its really just debating opinions and some facts sprinkled in. when truth is, belief is a choice through and through. live and let live. dont be so imposing.

great post really. we need peace, love, happiness. an those hippys had it on the nose. we need one of those movements again...like chya

Right on. Can I skip the hippy haircut though? I don't think I have enough hair left to have one? LOL!
Thanks for coming on board the thread.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Loadmaster

I watched as a recently-mentioned thread was closed by a moderator. True, it probably did violate the rules of the site, but it's also funny how far they let it go before terminating it.

I'm pretty sure that was my thread, A Call for action for all ATS members. Yes, we had 193 replies before they closed it down.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by non-living

I watched some of the obama and mcain debates and it just seems like me vs you rather than discussing the best for the country.

Even though it's a debate, they should both be for the best for the country, but I know that's not how politics work. It's all about being elected. If the both truly mean what they say about doing good for america, then if not elected, they should still stick to their word.

Yes, I absolutely agree with you. As I said at the beginning of this thread, when we use our own perceptions and intelligence, and , yes, even "gut feelings", it becomes obvious that the system is playing us for fools. I'm not even saying that all of the candidates knowingly are doing it. In many cases, they have just accepted this ridiculous system as "normal". Maybe if they stopped and actually LISTENED to themselves, and more importantly, listened to US, they may realize, but power tends to corrupt, no matter how much good intentions they initially have.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
I My perception is , everyone has a right to an opinion. Except nazis . They should be shot . In the knee caps . Alot.

I'm sorry. I was reading all these serious posts and I read this and couldn't help laughing. I know. I shouldn't.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

n a related way, the "Brotherhood of the Bell" starring Glen Ford was a movie depicting a Skull and Bones type conspiracy and secret usurping of power in America by an old and secret college fraternity.

Bingo. You just mentioned the other movie that had a great impact on my thinking. In fact, many times when I discussed issues like we are discussing here, with my students, I used the phrase "Brotherhood of the Bell" to describe the actions of what I'll call PTB. In fact, my oldest son and I discuss these issues a lot, and we both use the phrase "Brotherhood of the Bell" quite a bit, because it depicts what is happening very well.
Personally, I'm fairly certain the movie really refers to "Skull and Bones" of Bush, etc. fame.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

We consumers can change the world tomorrow if we act in unison. If we all decided to boycott certain corporations, they would be vanquished and release power in a startlingly short period. I.E stop buying, consorting, or doing any type of business with a particular corporation or company, mecantile, financial, or otherwise.

I hear you. I just want to be clear that the "b" word in the second line, third word in your above quote is what got my original thread closed.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by drock905

My hope is that outside of these two groups constantly fighting there is the 1% who understand. My faith is in that small percentage, the people who are aware will save the world.

Speaking hypothetically, of course, YOU are correct. It is always a small group that effects positive results in society, just as, unfortunately, a small group inflects harm on society. It is how the only 98% react to each small group that determines the course of history and humanity.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

Wouldn't these threads do better if they were opened up on sports forums, lifestyle forums, hobby forums, gardening forums, politic forums, computer forums, .etc?

Please feel free to do that. We are here and we WISH to do what we are doing. I wish you success.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

While we are focusing on our personal lives, they are focusing on creating a world they are in absolute control over. For exactly the same reason we are doing what we do - to satisfy the ego. They are not that different from the rest of us. The only difference is where they are in the pyramid.

Well, I agree with some of what you said in your post. However, those at the top can only succeed if we allow them to. That is why we are having this discussion, to see what people think needs to happen in THEIR own lives to change that. Even people that live in a tyrannical government have free choices to make If enough people make choices that are favorable to the situation, things can change for the better.
Regardless of what you think finally brought down the Berlin Wall, and the old USSR, it was PEOPLE like Solidarity in Poland, and people in other former Bloc nations that put the cracks in the WALL, and eventually brought it down. I hope we have some of those brave people in ATS. I say to them "You have been a beacon for us. You have shown us what power the seemingly unpowerful really have in standing up against tyranny. Thank you."

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join