It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop, Breathe, Do you SEE what they are Doing to all of us?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I will Play. This my opening 2 cents. There is more pecunia where this came from...

www.thirdworldtraveler.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
What a beautiful thread.

It is all about unity. The differences need to be minimized while we focus on the similarities. Relgion, polictics, beliefs, ideologies... set them aside and we all work on what makes us genuinely human in this experience.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
wow definetely glad someone pointed this out. i am with you on this. they are getting to us. i think the big problem on threads though is becoming more prominent, the fact that instead of acting, people are "reacting" to eachothers opposing beliefs. and its really just debating opinions and some facts sprinkled in. when truth is, belief is a choice through and through. live and let live. dont be so imposing.

great post really. we need peace, love, happiness. an those hippys had it on the nose. we need one of those movements again...like chya

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Does anyone see a correlation between how our government is responding to dissent lately and how this website does? And it's reinforced with the "point" system. "Be nice or you won't get a gold star on your forehead". My kindergarten teacher said that to me once.

I watched as a recently-mentioned thread was closed by a moderator. True, it probably did violate the rules of the site, but it's also funny how far they let it go before terminating it.

Seems like no matter where you go there's going to be someone who tries to stifle what you're doing. The thread was harmless enough. People were just upset and trying to do something important...no matter how useless. But, like most revolutions, they're snuffed out pretty quickly.

Even if you're an only-child, you'll always have a big brother. On the internet and everywhere else.

Enjoy your weekend.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I agree with you and you said it very well.

I watched some of the obama and mcain debates and it just seems like me vs you rather than discussing the best for the country.

Even though it's a debate, they should both be for the best for the country, but I know that's not how politics work. It's all about being elected. If the both truly mean what they say about doing good for america, then if not elected, they should still stick to their word.

just something to get off my chest. Great post anyways.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

In a related way, the "Brotherhood of the Bell" starring Glen Ford was a movie depicting a Skull and Bones type conspiracy and secret usurping of power in America by an old and secret college fraternity. They use there influence to steadily gain governmental influence by giving newbies prominant social positions, only commanding their strict brotherhood and willingness to do an act of obedience without comment when asked to do so sometime down the road, regardless what it is that is asked. In the movie, Glen Ford is asked to kill his best friend, a college dean of a prominant college, so the brotherhood can gain control of it by placing their hand picked brotherhood replacement. Ford struggles with his soul and ultimately refuses and rebukes the brotherhood by oing to the authoities, who of course refuse to beelieve him as they are already on board. The movie ends with Ford resigned to look over his shoulder the rest of his life, condemned toa seret know one would dare believe.

You can't find this movie anywhere either. I saw it as a lad in the early 70's and it maarked me for life as an ATS'er. It seems pretty plausible these days.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Easily. I only just read the title and I understand your intent. They have been misled. My hand will guide the weak and the feeble to the base of my steeple.

pause on a venomous premise for war and paint the whore in make up the same # ing story
monger the wardog bollocks big brother i look up to two towers and await the return of the king
burn when you sing the praises of your god mongrel gollum amalgam grandiose overdose
bring me the man seeking to stand alone complex
superstructure dual vertical inferno
explosive implications expose simplifications
take the christ word for granted the seeds have already been planted
are you ready to rot properly olly olly oxen free the people
pester the mortar and ready the pestilence
take one quarter of the fourth horseman and span the distance
white red black pale
smoke lead slack stale
my seventh step went electric when half the population became heavy infected

Peace be among all of these, my brethren.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Okay, I've read the thread to this point. Yes we must come together, but how. The most obvious and least frictional must be through CONSUMERISM. This must become our weapon of choice to even the playing field. We are all different in so many ways: ethnicity, religion, economics, politics, intelligence, physical abilities. BUT, in this material western dimension, we are all CONSUMERS. If we want to change things, this is how it can and must be done. The key is unification. We consumers can change the world tomorrow if we act in unison. If we all decided to boycott certain corporations, they would be vanquished and release power in a startlingly short period. I.E stop buying, consorting, or doing any type of business with a particular corporation or company, mecantile, financial, or otherwise. But, there will be hardship and this calls for a grass roots movement toward universal brotherhood. We MUST all see each other as brothers and help each other to survive. Together, these 2 ideas could change the world, IMHO.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Don't forget to use the word, "Hypothetical" when you mention possible courses of action or your post may do a disappearing act as so many before, according to the rules of our benevolent prison.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Lets all just do some deep breathing and chant OHHHHHMMMM a lot and invite the white light into our lives because when everyone is right and everything is groovy then bad ideas never have to be tested and no one has a point of view.

Let us all just hold hands and live in a perfect world where every idea has the same level of merit despite the quality or effort of thought behind it. We can all be brother and sister and when all ideas are the same we'll all be blissfully ignorant and we can go down the tubes together.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Your OP might be the most simple and brillant thing ive read in awhile. I agree completely.

My hope is that outside of these two groups constantly fighting there is the 1% who understand. My faith is in that small percentage, the people who are aware will save the world.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Haha,

I'm fairly new to the forum...

I've already seen about a hundred of these. You guys here just seem create these threads that tell people to wake up and everyone pats eachother on the back with "I second that!".

Great, you just posted an eye opener on a forum made up of people with their eyes WIDE open with paranoia.

Wouldn't these threads do better if they were opened up on sports forums, lifestyle forums, hobby forums, gardening forums, politic forums, computer forums, .etc?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Its not "them" making us fight eachother, its our ego's. The need to "be someone special" is one of the strongest needs we have.

Thats why they can send people into wars, rewarding them with useless medals. Thats why they can make people work 80 hours per week, trying to reach a better position.
Thats even why people buy expensive clothes.

Our societies are built as pyramids, and everyone is trying to get to a position where they can feel good about themselfs, weather it is within business, love, spirituality, intelligence.

While we are focusing on our personal lives, they are focusing on creating a world they are in absolute control over. For exactly the same reason we are doing what we do - to satisfy the ego. They are not that different from the rest of us. The only difference is where they are in the pyramid.

Even this site is built with ego as the fuel. The owners feel good about having the largest conspiracy site on the Internet, the posters feel good about getting recognized and getting points and stars for their posts.

So go ahead and give me star for this one.

Have a nice Saturday, people.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Now, the solution?
I'd like to hear what some of you think should be done.

Parasites feed off the energy they are given. The solution is to stop giving them energy.

Unfortunately, some parasites have the ability to affect their host. In the case of forum parasites, they are able to generate feelings of anger, and the need to repond to them.

When discussing things, many people feel the need to respond to objections. Unfortuantely this has the effect of drawing attention to them. An effective parasite can completely derail an idea simply by bashing them into defending themselves and causing its promoters to focus exclusively on objections, whether or not those objections have any validity. For example:

Poster: "Hey, did you know that 1+1=2 and 2+2=4? That's pretty cool!"
Parasite: "No, you idiot! You only think that because somebody told you so. 1+1 actually equals 3. Stop thinking like a sheep and stop wasting our time."
Poster: "Umm...yes somebody told me that, but no I'm not a sheep. I've thought about it and I really think it's true."
Parasite: "See? You admit that you believe it because somebody told you. Why do you always belive what people tell you? What a moron!"
Poster: "I don't always believe what people tell me. Why are you being such a jerk?"
Parasite: "I can't believe how many losers there are like you who can't think for themslves and just get led aroung by the nose."

See how the parasite immediately directed attention away from what the original poster was talking about? The poster was tricked into defending himself rather than talking about his idea. The idea dies and the parasite flourishes from the attention it is given.

The solution is to recognize parasites for what they are...and to not feed them.

Here is an appropriate verse from The Art of War

And here is another appropriate verse:

Content from external source:
The Art of War, Chapter 2, section 15:
Hence a wise general makes a point of foraging
on the enemy. One cartload of the enemy's provisions
is equivalent to twenty of one's own, and likewise
a single picul of his provender is equivalent to twenty
from one's own store.

Do you see how forum trolls plunder from our stores?

--------

courses of action or your post may do a disappearing act as
so many before, according to the rules of our benevolent prison.

Understand that this is a conspiracy discussion forum, and yes it has its rules, for whatever reason. If you really want to bring about change, simply discussing them might not be enough. Simply agreeing to have solidarity might not be enough. Take a look on youtube and watch all the videos of protesters being roughed up and arrested by police. Notice that the protesters usually outnumber the police by quite a lot? Even though the protesters had obviously discussed their positions with one another, and obviously felt solidarity with one another...it's a trivial matter for three or four police to arrest two dozens protesters if they simply sit there and allow it to happen. Sooner or later, action may be required.

Here's another Art of War quote for you:

Content from external source:
Mountain forests, rugged steeps, marshes and fens--all
country that is hard to traverse: this is difficult ground.

In difficult ground, keep steadily on the march.

Point being, ATS is not the place to fight this particular battle. Even if the moderators would allow it...we would lose. ATS is difficult ground to fight a battle on.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I think that debating issues should be encouraged, but actual confrontation should be avoided. The real problem is that truth is based on perception, and everyone observes the world differently . My perception is , everyone has a right to an opinion. Except nazis . They should be shot . In the knee caps . Alot.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loadmaster
Does anyone see a correlation between how our government is responding to dissent lately and how this website does? And it's reinforced with the "point" system. "Be nice or you won't get a gold star on your forehead".

So, what better way to THEORETICALLY boycott consumerism than to simply stop factoring in the point system. By all means, continue to abide by their rules, because they set up this beautiful beast so we CAN have these little chats.

Originally posted by LoadmasterI watched as a recently-mentioned thread was closed by a moderator. True, it probably did violate the rules of the site, but it's also funny how far they let it go before terminating it.

Hmmmmmmmmmm Do you think there may have been a reason for that? Perhaps a comparison to an indulgent parent?

Originally posted by LoadmasterSeems like no matter where you go there's going to be someone who tries to stifle what you're doing. The thread was harmless enough. People were just upset and trying to do something important...no matter how useless. But, like most revolutions, they're snuffed out pretty quickly.

That's why this is just a game. A dip into the "what if..." pool, as it were.

No harm intended, Loadmaster.

Professor This is my ante. I'll be back.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by non-living
I agree with you and you said it very well.

I watched some of the obama and mcain debates and it just seems like me vs you rather than discussing the best for the country.

Even though it's a debate, they should both be for the best for the country, but I know that's not how politics work. It's all about being elected. If the both truly mean what they say about doing good for america, then if not elected, they should still stick to their word.

just something to get off my chest. Great post anyways.

You are looking at the debate as though what you're seeing is reality. The competition you see is merely an illusion. Those in power, or striving to be in power, are playing for the same team. They have allegiance to other group and organizations that supercede their position. The campaign is not the issue. Our education is the issue. We've got to quit seeing things they way they want us to see them. Research all angles. Voting every four years just feeds the idea that we're free. It is a farce. The gov't isn't who's running the show. Look beyond the gov't - who's running them? I suggest researching the history of money. A couple good documentaries are: Money Masters, America: Freedom to Fascism (not just for americans), Turning of the Tide, and Zeitgeist (part two, I think) just to name a few.

Originally posted by Reddupo
Haha,

I'm fairly new to the forum...

I've already seen about a hundred of these. You guys here just seem create these threads that tell people to wake up and everyone pats eachother on the back with "I second that!".

Great, you just posted an eye opener on a forum made up of people with their eyes WIDE open with paranoia.

Wouldn't these threads do better if they were opened up on sports forums, lifestyle forums, hobby forums, gardening forums, politic forums, computer forums, .etc?

I hear your concern. You want to get this spread out to more people. I couldn't agree more. I think it's healthy, however, for each of us to have this place where we're free to speak openly with each other without fear of being judged THEN we take it to those around us. I know my own personal commitment has been to get people talking, thinking, and/or looking at the world differently. I believe this is going to happen at a steady pace. It is hollywood's lie that change happens overnight. This is how change begins.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
My Hallucination and Satori moment some years ago;

Of How Close Freedom is for all of us,

By Non Violent and simple means,

In less than a few Days too.

Some here may remember and have taken part in the Anti War Rallies just before the last invasion of Iraq the millions, and millions of people in

London

Rome

Paris

Washington

Rio

Johanusberg

Sydney

Bethlehem

Toronto

Tokyo

and Nearly all the "sane" people in the world together,

Well my hallucination at that event, my fantasy AS I AM NOT SUGGESTING ANYONE DO THIS, it was just a realisation whilst there.

Lets just all sit down, and not leave at the end of it.

Millions of people just sitting down, dancing, but refusing to leave/go back home to 9-5 until it was stopped.

What could they do arrest 3 million people in every capital?

I imagined in such an experience many others would come and join, bring food, blankets etc

Human gridlock in all the worlds cities, no fighting or protests, just sit down until it is done. Markets wouldn't open, people couldn't get to work, World Media, I would say 36 hours later at most we would have a differant world.

We are free, we have the power, we just wont step through that door, the real conspiracy and spin and illusion is of "their" power.

So surely as the OP says, sit down, and Breathe, and relax until our will is done it would be so in such numbers!

Too Lazy?

That was my hallucination or fantasy, I could see and taste that freedom and Peace but I think many armchair dissenters wanted just so much for the badge, clear Conscience and label of attending this, and their TV and warm home that night.

The only thing keeping us in bondage is our own minds, not them.

You can only be "used" if you let the perpetrator do it, and you play the victim role!

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 25-10-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
One more thing...I found this on another thread and thinks it's brilliant. Just thought I'd share.

Originally posted by Dock6

If we was going to rebel against our governments how would we do it '

Ok. Well, if we take up arms and threaten or actually hurt them physically, they'll kill or maim or imprison us. Then the rest of us will get scared and run away and bury our heads and be very obedient.

So .. we have to hurt them in other ways. Because if we don't hurt them, they won't listen or change, will they ?

How do we hurt them ? More importantly, how do we hurt them without getting hurt ourselves ?

What hurts them the most ? That's the first thing to be ascertained

Money ?

Yes ! Money !

Ok. So we stop buying gasoline. They don't expect we could ever live without it. Up to us to prove we can and will. Use public transport. Use feet. Use bicycles. Whatever it takes

Stop buying alcohol and cigarettes. They make massive profit on those and like gas .. they believe we can't live without them. Up to us to prove we can and will live without alcohol and cigarettes

Stop 'buying' the garbage they sell us as 'news'. Turn off the tv. Sell your tv. Burn your tv. Do not buy a new one. You don't need to keep up with people you know just because they have a big stupid plasma. You managed to live without tv once. You can do it again.

If people stop watching tv .. the ratings will drop.
When the ratings drop .. advertisers cease paying money for advertisements to be beamed into your hypnotised brain.
So .. by turning off your tv you will REALLY hurt them.

Stop buying print media. Do you really need to see another four page spread of Britney or Posh or Brangelina ? THEY don't need you. THEY don't care about you and your boring existence. So WHY do you need to fester about theirs ? You see ? So stop buying print media .. that means the putrid rags they have the hide to call 'news'papers .. plus all those stupid, infantile magazines about OTHER people's lives. Instead .. make your OWN life interesting .. to you.

Stop buying idiotic 'brand name' clothing and accessories.
Who do you think you are, just because you're wearing expensive plastic buckets on your feet that some Asian kid was paid a dollar a time for churning out .. so that you could pay a couple of HUNDRED dollars for them ?

Ok .. think you've got it now.

To hurt them, you simply have to stop FEEDING them

When YOU stop .. THEY lose their power

Up to you

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Wise words, ProfEmertus. Haven't got much to add except thanks.
You did catch my eye with the Sun Tzu references though. I've read it many times. These are the ultimate strategies of warfare used on the ancient battlefields, the corporate board rooms and international political movements. Everyone should know tactics involved.

Sun Tzu said...

All warfare is based on deception.

Therefore when capable, feign incapacity; when active, inactivity.

When near make it appear that you are far away; when far away, that you are near.

Offer the enemy a bait to lure him; feign disorder and strike him.

When he concentrates, prepare against him; where he is strong, avoid him.

Anger his general and confuse him.

Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance.

Keep him under a strain and wear him down.

When he is united divide him.

Attack where he is unprepared; sally out when he does not expect you.

Generally in war the best policy is to take a state intact; to ruin it is inferior to this. To capture the enemy's army is better than to destroy it.

To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by squiz]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join