It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop, Breathe, Do you SEE what they are Doing to all of us?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamwithoutfear

Reminds of a 2500yr old philosophy called 'The Middle Way'; not pretty...just necessary. Well said dwf

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Catesby

By Jove, chap.I see you have the idea of this game. Welcome. Glad to hear from across the pond.

By the way, was anybody lucky enough to see the made-for-tv movie "Shadow on the Land"? Here is the imdb link to the description:
www.imdb.com...
I managed to see it when it was shown on TV in 1968. It was chilling. What is even more chilling is the following review which does a good job of summarizing the movie:

This is a movie that needs to be seen by everyone now. A fascist dictatorship takes over the country in an "election" when everyone is scared by events. No longer called the president, he is now "The Leader" (which is what Der Fuhrer means) and has taken emergency powers voted in by a panicked Congress (a la' The PATRIOT ACT) and has created a Gestapo called the Internal Security Force (Homeland Security). People can't pass from one part of the country to another without an internal passport, a la' the old Soviet Union (and the proposed national ID cards now). A small resistance called the Society of Man learns from a patriotic Air Force colonel that the INF is going to launch terrorist attacks to blame on the resistance to take even more control and erode public support for the Society of Man. No wander this movie is never shown on tv and isn't available on VHS or DVD. People would recognize the parallels to todays situation.

Take a moment to read some of the reviews here:
www.imdb.com...
It might help you develop a sense of the "Game" we are playing here.
Anyway, this movie and the director, Richard C. Sarafian, was blackballed, and it is virtually impossible to get a copy of it today. I read it is the most asked for movie on the Internet of all times. Very few copies exist.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by E-ville

Ah, yes, like darts, of course, at the local pub. Right?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
By the way, there is a great historical work which can help us in playing this game. Many of you may have read it already, namely SUN TZUs' "THE ART OF WAR". I read it about 30 years ago, and re-read it every so often, because of the wisdom that it contains. Here is a link to a very good translation of the entire book:
www.sonshi.com...

Although some say Michael Corleone coined the phrase, it was Sun Tsu who said :

"To know your enemy, you must become your enemy... Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

He said that 26 centuries ago.
You will find much good advice in the book, to help figure out the pieces of the puzzle in our treasure hunt.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Really good post, I think people need to stop and think who is really pulling the strings at the moment. Hopefully you have planted the seeds of truth in someones mind. even if you get 1 person you have done a great job.

@TheRooster What is the point system? i just ignore it, it does not exist to me.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

Why do we need to stop and breathe?

Well, I guess if you drool alot, you don't have to worry about it.
However, on the Iceland thread, it seems like people are shouting at each other so much, that I don't think they ARE taking time to stop and take a breath. It's hard to perform mouth to mouth over the Internet.

I agree. Good thread. I am just about ready to unplug the internet and go back to a normal life.....for me a lot of depression and crap happened when the internet was hooked up. The I can decide whatto focus on again, (comedy) instead of feeling led here and ther by evryone else....My fault for playing the game though.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bringer

Really good post, I think people need to stop and think who is really pulling the strings at the moment. Hopefully you have planted the seeds of truth in someones mind. even if you get 1 person you have done a great job.

@TheRooster What is the point system? i just ignore it, it does not exist to me.

Thank you.
Please stay awhile and play with us. It is obvious you are intelligent. Your last line shows the humor of an extremely intelligent person. Welcome. Were you in some of my classes? LOL!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

I agree. Good thread. I am just about ready to unplug the internet and go back to a normal life.....for me a lot of depression and crap happened when the internet was hooked up. The I can decide whatto focus on again, (comedy) instead of feeling led here and ther by evryone else....My fault for playing the game though.

You're in good company. I think most of us feel that way with the situation. The good news is that rather than let them depress us, we've decided to beat them at their own game. We're going to play them, and beat them at their own game. It's much more even, when you have a good team on your side, and our team is growing here. Welcome. Come, go, as you please. We'll keep coming back and contributing to the team effort.
Let's all play by ATS's rule, no violations of T & C, no threats of violence, etc., not that anyone here so far, would, but we have to count on a few trolls that will come along and try to spoil our game here.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Funny I was bringing up this samething on another thread about how people are allowing themselves to be led along.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Here is an appropriate verse from The Art of War, Chapter 3:

To subjugate the enemy's army without doing battle is the highest of excellence.

Therefore, the best warfare strategy is to attack the enemy's plans, next is to attack alliances, next is to attack the army, and the worst is to attack a walled city.
Laying siege to a city is only done when other options are not available.

Therefore, one who is skilled in warfare principles subdues the enemy without doing battle, takes the enemy's walled city without attacking, and overthrows the enemy quickly, without protracted warfare.

Now THAT is a winning strategy.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Must be something in the air tonight (besides chemtrails
) because I found this thread right after leaving a post (on a different thread) about needing to come together as humans and knowing who the true controllers are instead of focusing on blaming the government.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
That's wonderfully put. I will make that book next on my list.

I find it interesting that this many like minded people are coming together tonight - and this quickly. (Of course, I should be working...my clients might not find it near as interesting. Oh well, there'll be time enough for that later, right?)

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamwithoutfear

I find it interesting that this many like minded people are coming together tonight - and this quickly. (Of course, I should be working...my clients might not find it near as interesting. Oh well, there'll be time enough for that later, right?)

I agree. We have a lot of quality people on this thread now. There are quite a few more to come, once they know this thread is open. So far, I haven't seen one troll on the thread. It would be nice to keep it this way. Good people seem to find each other, and we've found you now. You are your words.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Funny I was bringing up this samething on another thread about how people are allowing themselves to be led along.

The key to a winning strategy is not to be led, but to walk together as one.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bringer

You mean you can have neg numbers and still have upload space? Woo Hoo! I'm going on a spending spree!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRooster

You mean you can have neg numbers and still have upload space? Woo Hoo! I'm going on a spending spree!

Rooster, now don't count your chickens before they hatch!
Sorry, I just couldn't resist that one.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It was once said that good fences make good neighbors. I believe good will makes for better neighbors while fences define our self-involvement. I believe in community as a bio-social structure which can sustain all of us equally; living well rather than living high. To me, it isn't about governments, but neighborhoods. Working with those around us rather than for those above us.

Perhaps then the simplest way to start is to talk to those around us. I once read a thread here where many people confessed to not even knowing their neighbors by name. This might be a good place to begin.

I believe that while one can have thoughts of genius, many can share thoughts for progress. Through repetition, the plasma of thought can become a matter of reality.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

ProfEmeritus,

I have respected your ideas and posts even though I have not always agreed with them 100%. On this post, however, I feel you are 100% correct. When I first came looking for the hidden truths behind everything, I stumbled across this site and was an observer for a long time just soaking everything in.

After a while, I felt the need to add my opinion to posts because I felt that they were relevant. It was solely my opinion and I referenced facts to support it.

Lately though I feel like I have been sucked into a war of "us" vs. "them" on these boards with people that share my views and opinions and those that don't. I will admit to being guilty.

It is such sage advice to treat each other like family. Even though family members do not agree, that is irrelevant.

I will take this advice and apply it and avoid the Us vs. Them situations and just focus on the facts and try to get people to make up their own minds just like I have done.

Unity is the key. Divided we fall.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSecretSquirrel

I have respected your ideas and posts even though I have not always agreed with them 100%.

We all learn and modify our ideas as more information is gained. I know at first I was sucked into the us versus them mode, until I stopped and listened to my own logic, rather than some talking head that had their own agenda.
Now that I see the light, I realize how ridiculous some of the posts were. We have all been fooled at some time or another. However, the old adage that I'll live by now is "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me"
I vow not to be shamed by the PTB any more. I'm glad you're joining our family.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSecretSquirrel

The sooner we all agree and admit we have a people problem and not a partisan problem, the sooner we can set about change. But make no mistake about it, any movement that fails to take mass action is just lip service.

Now, if I wasn't interested in gathering with friends to discuss the important issues of today. I certainly wouldn't do something like say a national night out BBQ, where you definitly wouldn't take the partisan positions out of the issues, dissect the problem, and formulate a remedy. I would NEVER, EVER consider doing something like that, it sounds waaaay too complicated, not to mention against the T&C's of ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join