It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad Psychics- Carla Baron

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
All psychics have "For Entertainment Purposes Only" in their advertisements. This lets them charge for their services. Many of them know how to read people and may be able to offer comfort where they need it. Many people still won't see a psychiatrist or other mental health professional, but they are at ease with a psychic. I don't have a problem with that, as long as it is told to them it is for entertainment.

I do have a problem with those charging someone who has just lost a dear family member. That is sheer exploiting a tragic loss.

I also believe that we have lost our ability to hone the skills our ancient ancestors had. We live in a material world, and have lost touch with our spiritual selves.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

"All psychics have "For Entertainment Purposes Only" in their advertisements. This lets them charge for their services."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enough said! That statement alone should start the alarm bells ringing. Most people don't visit psychics because they want to be entertained- they go because they are looking for proof that their loved ones still exist on some spiritual level. Whats more, the psychics no this and understand that their victim (because they are victims!) won't be in the right frame of mind or mindset to properly listen to, or fully take in , what they are being told. This becomes apparent when you ask people who are fully impressed with their reading to go back over the tapes and listen to it more critically. Then they realise just how much information the psychic got wrong and that, for whatever reason, they only remembered the correct parts of the reading. "Cold Reading by any other name."

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

First off I do know that there are fantastic psychics out there and Carla Baron is one of them! Do you actually think she would be known all over the world if she never got anything right? She is where she is because she is real, sincere, and not a phony. Besides all of you guys are expecting psychics to solve cases. Some do, but however they are used as a tool and nothing more. Also it makes me angry that most people are on here complaining because they make money. This is what they do all the time. They do not have any other jobs and it is tiring exhausting mental work and you think they should do this for free or donations? How about you guys go to work every day and at the end of the week have your boss give you a donation. I know for a fact that Carla Baron does do a lot of voulenteer work as well but with traveling expences, never being home, and all the heat that she gets from what she does, her fee is worth it.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
[I like what you said it is true. Sadly people do need money to live but I have known a few really good psychics and they accepted donations. I think the issue a lot of people have with Sylvia Browne is she is very negative sometimes. She has written many books and made a fortune off of them so why does she charge so much.
Alison Dubois worked for the Police in Glendale Arizona had a legimate job with them as she was doing an intership their when she first started. Today she still helps them FREE of charge. She does not do readings anymore but some of the people she has referred (famous psychics) do charge a lot of money. Alison mostly does the lecture circuit and writes books.
In this day and age with all the problems most real pyschics should be helping people on donation basis, let the flithy rich give them a lot and the poor nothing or barter to do work for them (like clean their car, house, ect. honest work). Hey read about Boriska the Russian super psychic kid he is what you are talking about. Best wishes. Lucy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join