It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B.P.R.D and Hellboy??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
In the midst of doing other things last nights, I caught the ending of a show on FX channel about the BPRD, the Bureau of Paranormal Research and Defense and Hellboy. Some guy face all black out, was saying that there was such a dept operating on a base in New Jersey...blah..blah..blah...Hellboy was used as a weapon in military conflicts and they showed an old war pic with hellboy supposedly in it. (and no this was not a movie promo)

Did anyone see this show? Know more about this topic? It was my first time hearing about it, but I wasn't in a position to pay attention to the show, so basically I missed it. I tried searching here on ATS but didn't find anything...can you please direct me as to where to look?

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Yes i saw it, very interesting kinda along the lines of Ghostbusters only if the military did it, They've supposidly have been around a while. as for a link of some sort, good luck, its littered with the comic book world you might find a userpage about it with some 3rd party encounter but as for the guberment, they saw that The (P) in B.P.R.D Doesnt stand for Paranormal an of course deny any work with demons an so forth . so i am trying to find somethings.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
ooh good you saw it....do you remember the guy's name or the even the show's name? it might help in the searching.. thanks

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
It was nothing more than a promo for the film....just like the "documentary" on the Blair Witch Project that the Sci Fi Channel had. I saw the show too (or at least parts of it). Personally, I think these fake bios really add to the movie when I finally see it, but they really should have some kind of disclaimer somewhere....

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
"B.P.R.D Declassified"

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by Trance]

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I seen the show on FX about the BPRD and I feel like its the real deal. I love the interview part with Michael who used to be an agent for BPRD and he made Nate Hyannis (former department of defense spokesman) speechless. I taped it on my Tivo and hope to put it on my CPU so that I can send it to my father. I loved the part when the Michael said "alot of agencies exists that our government supports thats not public knowledge" and Nate interupts "Thats true and I got all top secret clearance on all levels of the department of defense" and Michael goes "Not that high I read your file" and Nate goes "Dont get personal there Michael". That was the BEST thing I have ever seen, a government spokesman (probably sent to dis-inform T.V. viewers of the existence of B.P.R.D.) STUMPED! I truly believe its true after I seen that. You cant act that scene out like how they did. That all natural.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
saw the show too, i liked it. I think its very possible, the BPRD that is. They didnt explain much about Hellboy and his origin and whole story so i guess i'm kinda ignorant about him.

The most interesting part of the show was by far the part about the little girl who could supposedly ignite and sustain an open flame if her hand. She supposedly died in a fire but as the story goes they stopped looking for her after only a few days. Supposedly the gov. just declassified a video of the girl at a birthday party...In the backround of the shot it was clear that a girl could be seen playing playing/jumping around with an open flame contained in her hand, very interesting stuff. If anyone can find the video if would be great to post a link.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
How about this? Michaelangelo and other artists have depicted Moses with similar features to Hellboy - note the horns

www.marbleclassics.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
To the ancient mind, one of the most powerful animals was the Auroch. This was an ox-like creature which is now extinct. However, up to the time of the Romans it was well known.

Many gods and god-figures in ancient literature are portrayed as having horns. It was at one time believed that the power of the Auroch resided in its horns. From that time on, power was represented by horns.

The reason Moses etc are portrayed with horns is to represent the power they wield.

Horns in Scripture

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
You are aware this was a promotion for the Film HellBoy which is getting released soon, right? It's based on the comic.

Heres the official site hellboymovie.com

and heres the link to the trailer

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
ooh good you saw it....do you remember the guy's name or the even the show's name? it might help in the searching.. thanks

I have one name for you for your search of information about the B.P.R.D. Liz Sherman. Thats the flame girl that supposedly disapeared after the fire that killed 20-30 something people. Ill give you the name of the lawyer who was the grandson of a guy that used to work for the BPRD who claims to have watched HellBoy while he was working for the BPRD when I watch it again on my Tivo tonight. As for searching for good info about the B.P.R.D. good luck because theres a bunch of comics and hollywood movie websites out there. If the B.P.R.D. does really exists then the government did a great job trying to cover it up by making HellBoy popular via Comics and Movies. Now the world of information (the internet) is littered with Hellboy Comics (Dark Horse) and its big budget movie and it prevents us from finding out the truth. I guess we will have to wait until after the movie is launched to find out if the SciFi channel will follow up with a de-classified episode of the B.P.R.D. and you know how good the SciFi channel company is when it comes to the freedom of information act. If SciFi doesnt get the information that they want because the B.P.R.D. really exists then SciFi channel will sue. Remember the Nasa issue?? I got my money on the SciFi channel to do something special in the months to come.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
You are aware this was a promotion for the Film HellBoy which is getting released soon, right? It's based on the comic.

Have you seen the FX channel Investigative Journal? I know Hellboy is going to be a movie (been a comic book) but it is safe to keep an open mind of what MAY be true. If you can link us a website that says the FX channels Investigative Journal was a promotion for the film THEN my thoughts about the BPRD will change, other than that I am going to be safe and think it MAY be true. Scary stuff if it is true.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2goodbucsbut it is safe to keep an open mind of what MAY be true.
It's safer to be skeptical about promotional shows on TV designed to raise awareness for an upcoming movie. deny ignorance.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I think someone deserves a smacking for this thread.

The same crap happened with The Blair Witch Project, when it was released...

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
To the ancient mind, one of the most powerful animals was the Auroch. This was an ox-like creature which is now extinct. However, up to the time of the Romans it was well known.

Many gods and god-figures in ancient literature are portrayed as having horns. It was at one time believed that the power of the Auroch resided in its horns. From that time on, power was represented by horns.

The reason Moses etc are portrayed with horns is to represent the power they wield.

Horns in Scripture

That may be true, but if I'm not mistaken, the reason Moses has the horns is because of a simple mistranslation from Hebrew to whatever language it was the people were speaking at the time the paintings were done. Could be mistaken. It's either that or the scriptures actually do say "horns" but mean something else. It was a long time ago that I learned this, so I'm very rusty. Either way, MOSES DID NOT HAVE HORNS AND WAS NOT FROM HELL. And I'm almost positive it had nothing to do with an animal and the horns representing power. It's directly from the Bible.

Demons are not physical so it's a load of

And there was once an X Files episode with a man that could make an open flame with his hand. This show probably stole the idea from X Files.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter

The same crap happened with The Blair Witch Project, when it was released...

I know I didnt fall for the Blair Witch Project when I seen it. My ex-girlfriend at the time freaked the heck out after the movie. I was just irritated after the movie because I couldnt get any nookie. Damn that Blair Witch Project!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Personally, I think these fake bios really add to the movie when I finally see it, but they really should have some kind of disclaimer somewhere....

So true Gazrok, they should have.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Hopefully "Hellboy" will be a better movie than that piece of C*R*A*P "Blair Witch Project".

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
It was nothing more than a promo for the film....just like the "documentary" on the Blair Witch Project that the Sci Fi Channel had.

hahaha I remember that, totally freaky until you realize you're an idiot for believing it. I pretty much stopped watching sci-fi after that, I'll never take anything on there seriously again.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I thought the Blair Witch Project was the dumbest movie ever besides Jeepers Creepers. And Hellboy just doesn't quite interest me, so I probably won't be seeing it.

top topics

join