It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Packs of robot dogs to hunt you down.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I found this today and thought it would be well worth the discussion!

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
They will have to be exception swimmers to get me. Besides, I have a coconut trebuchet. Stellar defensive weapon.

Interesting article Kinda makes a person wonder what they were designed for, eh? Sarah Conner, where are you?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
According to the article:
"Multi-Robot Pursuit System" that will let packs of robots "search for and detect a non-cooperative human".

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Maybe what we really need is a robot like Klatu in The day the earth stood still. Now that would be revolutionary. Keeping peace in the world and no more armies to invade on another.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sickboy1313

The pic in the article reminds me of Big Dog

And this is not, though it may appear to be, a one line post.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I actually thought of that tape deck guy on the old transformers cartoon that had all the tape animals come out of his chest, didn't he have a dog?

But seriously, WHY! are tax dollars going in to things like this??? You've got the CIA playing WoW, and now robot dogs. I can't wait for whatever is next.

I want a Klatu.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
so how does a robot determine if a human is a "non-cooperative human"?
or is it a "sic 'em boy!" type scenario where the decisions are being made by policing thugs?

robots seem so sci-fi to us now, but i bet down the road when we are old and gray, it'll all be as common as indoor toilets.

[edit on 10/24/2008 by zooplancton]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
so how does a robot determine if a human is a "non-cooperative human"?
or is it a "sic 'em boy!" type scenario where the decisions are being made by policing thugs?

robots seem so sci-fi to us now, but i bet down the road when we are old and gray, it'll all be as common as indoor toilets.

[edit on 10/24/2008 by zooplancton]

I would also like to know whats wrong with the dogs we have. Sure there may be a few places that a regular K-9 cant get into, but whats wrong with the little armed remote control bomb disposal robots?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Oh dear, saw this comming.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Its been discussed www.abovetopsecret.com...

I dont care if its animal human or machine, if its coming to kill me.. i WILL find a way to kill it. But then again, if 10 machines like the ones in metal gear solid 4 were coming after you you effed anyway.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Actually I posted first but I'm not bitter.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
"I dont care if its animal human or machine, if its coming to kill me.. i WILL find a way to kill it. But then again, if 10 machines like the ones in metal gear solid 4 were coming after you you effed anyway. "

I totally agree, If it's after me, I'm going to get away, or kill it.

top topics

join