It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. uses sanctions to punish Russia for arms sales to Iran - MP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

U.S. uses sanctions to punish Russia for arms sales to Iran - MP

en.rian.ru

MOSCOW, October 24 (RIA Novosti) - U.S. sanctions against Russia's state-run arms exporter are retaliation for Moscow's completely legitimate military-technical cooperation with Iran, a Russian MP said on Friday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
en.rian.ru

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
What US so afraid of... why not let Iran to have new toys? if America claims to have #1 weaponry in the World... Why make a cheap shot?
Maybe all this to stop Russia and other countries from making money of US-Iran future war???

In any case this whole thing is way too weird!

This is what Russia had to say... "Russia's foreign minister said on Friday that the sanctions imposed by the United States on Russia's state-run arms exporter contravene international law, and will harm ties with Washington."

It feels like Russia made enough money.... so it will just "harm ties with Washington"

en.rian.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
oh puleaseeee

as if america didn't sell arms to Iran

this is laughable

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
awww baby having a tantrum

i guess its gonna ruin the plans for israel to attack after the elections are done

the newest russian sam system is worrying to everyone except stealth pilots becasue were not sure just how good/bad it is, it does appear to be pretty good which is a downer really if your in a plane

the israeli's already did a fly over in syria to test the system but they (the syrians) refused to turn it on and just sent fighters and the israeli's dumped thier weapons and extra fuel tanks and ran for the border

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

they also set up Irans nuclear programs and sold it a nuclear reactor
and most of those cntrafuges we keep hearing about on the news

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Why shouldnt Israel attack? Iran has threatened over and over and over again to whipe them off the map? President Ahmadinejad is clearly out of his gourd. If someone was threatening my family non stop by god i would finally do something. I served over seas , and i feel for the Iranian people, because most of them do not have the same mindset their leaders do. Iran is heavily involved in terror and the funding of such. Israel will get tired of waiting on the UN and take care of it themselves at some point.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
They're doing all they can to demonise Russia these days aren't they.

"OO ooo oo look, Russia's inside Georia's boarders. Everybody, gang up on them with us."

Lying todgers.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Why shouldnt Israel attack? Iran has threatened over and over and over again to whipe them off the map?

we so need negative stars

no he didnt .. he never has ... well he did on one video but it turns out he didnt actuall say it or anything close, someone just changed the subtitles to the wipe israel off the map comment

infact the amount of threats he has actually made at least publically in the last 15 years or so are far outweighed by israels list of insults and threats its made to iran in the last 2-3 years

but please feel free to prove me wrong and find his terrorist i hate israel speech's

the biggest threat to the middle east is and always will be Israel until the USA stops protecting it in the U.N. and it gets its ass kicked by sanctions and forced to rein in its attitude

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

"There is no doubt that the new wave (of attacks) in Palestine will wipe off this stigma (Israel) from the face of the Islamic world."
"Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury, (while) any (Islamic leader) who recognizes the Zionist regime means he is acknowledging the surrender and defeat of the Islamic world."
"The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time,"

did i mention he has said that the Holocaust was a lie?

quote from this website.......www.themiddleeastnow.com...

there you will find all sorts of goodies about iran

www.jpost.com...

I could list more but you simply need to google it. Like i said im fairly aware of the things going on in that part of the world, since i served over there. If you think for one second that Iran isnt a threat here, or rather their president, then you are sadly mistaken, misinformed or ignorant of the facts. Not using ignorant here to insult, im sure with your intellect you know what the term means.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CTPAX

"U.S. sanctions against Russia's state-run arms exporter are retaliation for Moscow's completely legitimate military-technical cooperation with Iran, a Russian MP said on Friday." - From the article

The key phrase I see here is Moscow's completely legitimate military-technical cooperation with Iraq. If you (anybody) can not see anything wrong with this then I must believe that you have faith in the worlds governments and current international laws.

See this is stating that because Russia is not breaking any laws that what they are doing should be all good and fine. If you believe this then all is alright. I however do not believe this. What you can do is not always what you should do, from what I have learned.

So basically if Russia can sale arms to Iran then the US can punish Russia with sanctions legally and all is find and dandy right?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I agree Styki

Its from a russian web site any ways so.... they will put headlines and stories there.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Styki

You think that will stop Russians from selling their stuff?
You know better then that... as you can see US always trying to punish Russia with words... Yet nothing has worked yet!
Even if US will see a Russian convoy loaded with weapons headed to Iran... they will just scream and shout about it... and that is all...

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Has the events of the last 3 months not taught the USA just how weak it really is in certain area`s?

and this sets a dangerous precedant - whats to stop China sanctioning the USA for selling arms to Taiwan? the USA need china more than china needs the USA;

also if push comes to shove - and weve seen how vulnrable the US really is to financial assests - all other countries would need to do is dump the dollar for the US to self destruct

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Why don't they embrace the 'threat' and use it as a scapegoat for increased defense spending? You know, like usual?

[edit on 25/10/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

"There is no doubt that the new wave (of attacks) in Palestine will wipe off this stigma (Israel) from the face of the Islamic world."
did i mention he has said that the Holocaust was a lie?

awww your special i like you another negative star for you when they invent them mister ^_^

www.guardian.co.uk...
www.informationclearinghouse.info...
www.antiwar.com...
blogs.telegraph.co.uk...
www.nytimes.com...

maybe he was hiding all those nbc weapons of saddams in his pockets too huh?

jerusalem post and wehateadinejad.com arnt really that well known for bieng ...unbiased ....sorry i meant truthful

please .. really he did he denied the whole holocaust it never ever happened? you just earned another negative star

im not gonna correct this pooint yet ill let you go find proof where he says it didnt happen .. saying why are the jews singled out for special treatment is not the same as saying it didnt happen

Like i said im fairly aware of the things going on in that part of the world, since i served over there.
you served in Iran? or Israel? or palestine? where exactly ddo you mean by 'over there' and when was this?

If you think for one second that Iran isnt a threat here, or rather their president, then you are sadly mistaken, misinformed or ignorant of the facts. ,
shall we compare war records for Iran and Israel?

Israel invades palestine pretty much every day
when was the last time Iran invaded anyone?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

all it would really take is several Opec countries to set the price of oil in any currency other then the dollar to collapse whats left of the economy

and how many of those countries have you been told are evil and out to get you? if thats true why havnt they figured it out and done it?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I don't really see what US sanctions against a Russian arms company will achieve?
The US does not buy Russian arms, therefore this will surely have little effect. There are many other countries out there who will carry on buying Russian arms who really don't give a hoot about the US stance.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Sanctions on Russia?

Please don't make me laugh!

Wow! Two Ultra Capitalist's are preparing to have a New Cold War?

Intresting story.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by SDAUnite]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SDAUnite

Wow! Two Ultra Capitalist's are preparing to have a New Cold War?

[edit on 25-10-2008 by SDAUnite]

wouldnt that be a price war?

"come on down to crazy Ivans we got a hot special for you 1/2 price mig 29's with any order from our backpack nuke range"

new topics

top topics

join