It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ashley Todd Obama Supporter?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by traderjack
Look a**holes! I never said I believe it to be true. I am just offering an alternative explanation. I am neither a neocon or a liberal. I do not support McCain or Obama and only marginally support Ron Paul.

So, everyone settle down and think before you call someone a 'moron'. Look Tiamanicus, I realize you are one of these folks that seems to believe Obama is above reproach and some sort of messiah, but you might want to take it easy on the name calling, it doesn't help the cause of the "lord high Obama".

Of course, in 6 months I won't have to worry about you or the rest of Kool Aid sippers. I wonder if the strawberry or grape covers the cyanide better?

This post above is the kind of hate-filled banter that you are advocating by posting your OP. This post right here is garbage... and you accuse of other posters name calling.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by traderjack

Given the breathtaking incompetence of the McCain campaign I would be more inclined to pin this clummsy desperate act on them.

With that said I think this is a desperate move by one person, Miss Todd.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderjack
Look a**holes! I never said I believe it to be true. I am just offering an alternative explanation. I am neither a neocon or a liberal. I do not support McCain or Obama and only marginally support Ron Paul.

So, everyone settle down and think before you call someone a 'moron'. Look Tiamanicus, I realize you are one of these folks that seems to believe Obama is above reproach and some sort of messiah, but you might want to take it easy on the name calling, it doesn't help the cause of the "lord high Obama".

Of course, in 6 months I won't have to worry about you or the rest of Kool Aid sippers. I wonder if the strawberry or grape covers the cyanide better?

Sorry friend but you better check yourself. I never said I was an Obama supporter. I just know a moron with a light scratch on her face when I see one. I also know a lie when I hear it 4 distinct DIFFERENT WAYS in less the 24 hours. It was an apparent hoax from the very beginning and anyone that not only did not see that, but continues to try to find some way to make this Obama's fault is a bigger Moron than her. Sorry but I never said anything about koolaid or supporting anyone. I just do not go around believing lies just because they might make my guy look better and yours worse.
There is also the matter of looking into the case before making up crap just to stick it on someone else. If you do not want to fall into the "moron" pit, I suggest that next time you do just a little bit of research before offering up crazy theories that you yourself say that you do not believe anyway. Sticking up for the truth and honest news does not make you an Obama supporter nor a Kool-aid drinker. Readily buying into any story, no matter how flimsy, just because it makes the other guy look bad is pretty honest and smart though right?

P.S. what is happening in 6th months? Are all Obama supporters going to be murdered? Is the half of the country that wants him going to be annexed? What is going to happen to Obama supporters in 6 months. Hmmm, since McCaine is longtime friends with a domestic terrorist, I cannot help but read that as a warning.

P.P.S. I could care less what my name calling aimed at you does to Obama's campaign. Anyone that would change their vote because I called you a moron, is well... Aside from that, I am not here to support or hurt anyone's campaign and I could care less if it does. This is about a bad story on a place where people discuss the TRUTH. This is about how eager so many were to jump on it without any real investigation and yet, were it anything NON-political here at ATS, everyone would be asking for sources and updates and researching. Since it is political, people just seem to believe as long as it helps there guy. I have no guy, frees me up to say anything I like about either one. Unfortunately, saying she was an Obama plant, is really really stupid. Sorry, you said it, I knew someone would. She is smart enough to set up an internet history going back so far to pretend she is a McCain supporter and yet not smart enough to know the mirror is backwards. Ok, you go right ahead and tell me that pointing out the stupidity is political. If you are too stupid to see how bad a lie it was, simply because politics is involved, well then....Moron.

[edit on 25/10/08 by Tiamanicus]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
You know, I don't think it hurt the McCain campaign much, if it did anything at all. I think that the many conservative blogs screaming "plant" are obviously delusional. She didn't know she would get caught, she even complained and blamed the media for making it bigger than she wanted it to be. She was probably going to use it as a story to get more people to be sympathetic towards McCain. (specifically white folk) If we assume she knew she would be caught, we also should assume she knew would get in a whole lot of trouble and probably face a bit a jail-time. The fact that she was only caught in the follow-up interview kind of points to the fact that she was, in fact, trying to get away with it.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I think its pretty clear the OP is either a dead-set conspiracy theorist or has a deep desire for his "alternative theory" to be the truth.

That really bothers me, as an American and as a human being.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Turns out she wasn't a McCain or Obama supporter. She was a Ron Paul supporter.

www.post-gazette.com...

In March, Ms. Todd was asked to leave a grass-roots group of Ron Paul supporters in Brazos County, Texas, group leader Dustan Costine said. He said Ms. Todd posed as a supporter of former Arkansas governor and presidential candidate Mike Huckabee and called the local Republican committee seeking information about its campaign strategies.

"She would call the opposing campaign and pretend she was on their campaign to get information," Mr. Costine said last night. "We had to remove her because of the tactics she displayed. After that we had nothing to do with her."

About a month earlier, he said, Ms. Todd sent an e-mail to the Ron Paul group saying her tires were slashed and that campaign paraphernalia had been stolen from her car because she supported Mr. Paul.

"She's the type of person who wants to be recognized," Mr. Costine said.

That explains everything! How many ex-Ron Paul supporters do you know that turn to McCain? So this could be a very manipulated plan to hurt McCain.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Good find RR! And yes I can back up your claim with a video here..
Check it out!
Who is Ashely Todd?

This video will show you pics.. and her pics standing next to Ron Paul.
She is a R! And yes she was a Ron paul supporter..
I again back you up on your post.. Which when you are right you are right.. I cant sit here and counter everything you say.. That would be ignorant on my part.. Yet its good to get back to normall RR and find its good to agree to disagree with you

But in this case you are right.

That explains everything! How many ex-Ron Paul supporters do you know that turn to McCain? So this could be a very manipulated plan to hurt McCain.

However that statement I will leave to the others to figure out.
She hurt herself bottom line, hurt her family and friends..
I dont think she really thought this threw..
I mean if this was a real conspiracy, I think they would have atleast hired someone to beat her up on camera.. And make it more of a planned out event.. Shes just a non sense mixed up little girl..
And she wanted to become famous threw any means.. And she wonders why the media blew this up.. Well I think we know those reasons..

But RR, I think if this was something set up by a campaign manager from either side this would have made it much further.
I think she did this on her own merits, and she did this with no help from either side.

I will agree, both sides are to blame for the high stress we are dealing with. Its not just all McCain, and its not all just Obama.
The blame lies between both of these parties. And I think they are not being very responsible about these issues and how they are handling this election! Nov. 4th can't come soon enough!

I happen to feel my party has lost its way and I will be voting for Obama.. Yet I can't say I agree with him anymore than McCain.. But I would rather see Obama in office.. You see its all part of the masterplan.
Hand him the ropes, and let him sink this ship.. Then we can have something solid to work with..
Trust me. Over time people will come to understand that Obama might not have been the right choice.. But at the end of the day what choice do we really have? A choice between a pile of steaming Poo, verse a pile of cold and hardened poo.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
So, now we have her jumping from Huckabee to Paul to McCain, sounds a little fishy. Do I want my CT to be true? No. I don't care. I am just making suggestions.

I will be the first to admit I am not thrilled with the idea of Obama being President, but I am not thrilled with old Johnny either. See, I read a lot and not just forums posts. I visit several newspapers a day and I read a lot of history. I read the anger at forums like stormfront and revolutionaryleft.

I can see the hate growing in the 'average' Americans both white, black, and brown. I realize that history has a tendency to repeat itself. So, I am watchful, not hopeful, paranoid, or worried.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
To RR and Zysin,

Now This seems a plausible motive in that she felt like a gilted lover so to speak and wanted to wreak havoc on whichever campaign she could. The account of her posing as a Huckabee campaigner to get inside info to use against Huckabees campaign while she was really a Ron Paul volunteer shows that she has already played the poser card. Also the fact that she took time off of school made her place part of her identity on the Ron Paul campaign and when her sacrifice didn't prove fruitful she flipped because she could no longer identify herself with Paul's campaign.

I think it really didn't have anything to do with either McCain or Obama specifically. I think it was a sort of SWF (single white female) scenario she concocted. This sort of piece together puzzle seems only viable with her psychosis; I would be very surprised if even one other person was involved in this whole debacle.

I've known liars. And almost always the lie grows to even beyond the imagination of the liar without thought or awareness of the aftereffects. She definitely needs help with how she deals with daily triumphs and failures. The fantasy world that her lies create is her escape from reality. I am just glad that she stopped the lies before more damage could have come from the ugliness she created. As far as the racist aspect of her story that is a whole other sickness that she needs help with.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

RR you hit the nail on the head this time.. And since we dont agree all the time, when we do agree I will make sure I do stick up for what you are saying check out these new found links!

Source Link.. Ashely and the Ron Paul connection

Ms. Todd's job as a field representative for the College Republican National Committee brought her to Pittsburgh about two weeks ago to recruit college students. She had worked for the committee since August. Yesterday, the organization fired her.

So this is not the first time this little werido has tried this..
They kicked her out of the Ron Paul Campaign.. Will she never learn?
She needs to be locked up for a while, and face alot of backlash from what she pulled here..
Shameful..

And spot on RR!! When you are right, I give you credit for that sir!

In March, Ms. Todd was asked to leave a grass-roots group of Ron Paul supporters in Brazos County, Texas, group leader Dustan Costine said. He said Ms. Todd posed as a supporter of former Arkansas governor and presidential candidate Mike Huckabee and called the local Republican committee seeking information about its campaign strategies.

"She would call the opposing campaign and pretend she was on their campaign to get information," Mr. Costine said last night. "We had to remove her because of the tactics she displayed. After that we had nothing to do with her."

[edit on 26-10-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

How many Ron Paul supporters are going to support Obama?
Everyone I know is a McCain or Paul person. They need that christian anti-abortion slant.

I think you are just set on that she is somehow working for Obama.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiamanicus

Originally posted by RRconservative

How many Ron Paul supporters are going to support Obama?
Everyone I know is a McCain or Paul person. They need that christian anti-abortion slant.

I think you are just set on that she is somehow working for Obama.

Most Ron Paul supporters are not Republicans in the first place. They are anti-war, pot smoking liberals (as a libertarian, he supports legal marijuana, so don't freak out over that comment), so most of the soft Ron Paul support will go to Obama

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

If the democrats can get the dead out to the polls to vote, I believe they would do this as well.

Dead Democrats vote in almost every election down here in Texas. Mostly in South Texas, but I am sure it happens in other areas.

I suspect that dead republicans also vote in almost every election, but since Texas is a "red" state, it just doesn't get reported. I can't remember ever hearing about dead pubs voting, but I am pretty confident they do.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join