It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know when you're home, and when you're not

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Did you know that if somebody knows that you are online when home more likely, that they can know when you're home and when you're not?

If the feds are investigating you they'll surely come when they know you're online with communication concerning it.

If you are friends online with someone and on their "who is on line" list indicator... What is stopping them from mapping the times you're off line the longest? With that info they can map out an hour to come break in or fire bomb your home. Why would your online friend fire bomb your home, you ask? Could be because they could actually be someone you were head-on foes with online first that snuck up some other way just to become friends with you, and then make it onto your buddy list just so they can then get all the info they need to break into your place or destroy your place, if not just expose you.

How many of you look at a "who is on line" list with any messenger or site, and have known some of the members in terms of when they can be online, which you also have known are taking you for a kind of friend?

Yeah, your true foes do work hard on your trust in some other way you can't realize till after they get you. So if you want to survive not being exposed or just survive period, then you should not let so-called buddies know WHEN you can and can not be online, specially after letting 'em know you are on a home computer, which you should not have made known in the first place.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Very easy cure for that, choose "appear offline" if available in your chat program. Switch to one that features it if yours doesn't.

You can also use a bot to act like you if need be. Anti idle programs are out there all over the place.

Another thing is to not have anyone on your contact list that doesn't matter. I mean, those that you don't know well enough to trust with information like your contact data / home/not home status etc.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
..........or just leave your computer online all the time, fully fortified with an array of several densities of protection.

Maybe I've been living in the sticks for too long. I just don't see the problem. I guess the Fed will just have to take their chances whilst contemplating a proper time to firebomb my dinky little house. They better be ready to pay my deductible.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Heck,if you have a cell phone, they know where you are at all times anyway, unless you don't take it with you, or take the battery out of it, in which case, why have a cell phone?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
So if they know when your home do you think they could see me in my underwear? If they can I have a nice full moon for them.

No matter where you go these days, you are being kept track of.

Time clock, roll call, Cell phone and other phones, easy pass, computers, credit cards, online shopping, video security cameras, listening devices, rfid, etc... Off all of this, one thing tracks you better than anything.
Routine!

Routine is the best way to not only know where someone has been but to predict their whereabouts at any given time.
Your routine utilizes all of the a fore mentioned methods of tracking.

That's the one thing about personal technology, the more it progresses, the easier it is to track.

Oh and just for fun, lets say that somehow vaccines are a way to track you as well.
Different regions have region specific vaccines.
Not as if that was the only means of identification from vaccines or anyhting. Vaccines, more or less, could be considered DESIGN specific and depending on the type of DESIGN, they know where it came from and thus you as well.
So lets say you pop up in dead Uruguay with no ID, they know you came from the USA based on the types of vaccines and retro viruses you have circulating through your system. Oops!! Did I say that out loud??

[edit on 24/10/2008 by reticledc]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Long ago: I remember someone online who wanted me to come over some time after they gave me their address for me to send a pic to, after they broke up with someone some time not to far back... well, one day they told me they were going out of town, but I bet it dawned on her to why next she then said her brothers are still gonna be here in the place she was living in. She said it as if it just literally DAWNED on her she could be slipping up since of course it be we haven't actually met yet. We spoken over phone and seen each other through pics though.

Bottomline is if I was hungry for money and with a burgular mind set at the time I would indeed have the sure spot to hit.

And yes, I actually was once a cat burgular back in my 'greed and do what is considered bad' college days, but with the keys. Dont ask me how I ended up with the keys cause it is the college's fault. If it werent for the keys I wouldnt have been ever once a cat burgular both solo and with somebody. Yeah, I remember one guy I was with in a burgular lick took (stole) some CDs and gave me one. That CD's time length read 66:6.
And that guy that was with me one time told me he saw 666 on a car plate as I was driving him to I think an all nude strip club. I was freaked out but remaining calm in appearance till you wanna know what else? Later when the car got damaged I took it to get an estimate for what it would cost to fix and know what is the damage in total exactly... That estimate read 666.02.
If you're thinking I was thinking I was marked damned, then you are correct. 666 following me and foreshadowing me too much. But later in growth I see I'm not damned, and that I am with 666 because the beast is not hellbound. It is a big misconception about 666 and the beast and Satan.

And the name of the CD was "Me Against the World" by Tupac. More and more did I know me and Tupac got way much common come to find out. It is things in the bible I read correlating concerning me and the person not by name.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
well going to be hard for them to tell with me.. im always online at home and when I'm not.. heck i even control my pc's at home when im not at home remotely.. there not going to know where i am or when

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
When there's an option to 'appear offline' you can select that, and most times people leave an activity "online" when not at the computer, or even home.

The best thing to do, if it's at all possible is not adhere to a routine. Never tell your neighbours when you plan on leaving for a vacation. Leave lights on, or radios playing when you're out. Fake you have a guest staying with you - that doesn't drive, so no point looking if their car is in the driveway. Put a beware of big mean dog sign. Home invasions are usually done by someone who knows you and your routine.

They know half a trash bag at the curb means you live alone, so they only need to track you. Proffessionals know so much about profiling people, the best thing to do is scramble your profile and confuse them. Mix it up. I used to have a neighbour who would put on all the yard lights when he went away, and being that he never had them on any other time, it was very easy to figure out his home was vacated for days. He used a routine, big mistake, but I'm not a robber, but what if I was?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

That neighbour should have got installed an outdoor sensor light that comes on when dark. Then he wouldnt have to leave the lights on when gone for a long while.

Where certain of us live the garbage can thingy is required to be a certain model. It is working in favor so no one can see how much trash you sit out usually unless they lietrally come an open it up to see inside.

Another way someone can know when you're home and when you're not is when they see you did not sit the garbage out before any trash truck came to pick up on garbage day. But they'd have to be someone who is staking out and casing hits to be.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Besides, what's there to steal? The market crash and world-wide financial crisis has wiped out most of our money anyway. We have a few stacks of tuna, dry goods, and canned goods, though. Kindly take the oldest dates first though, and please clean up when you leave. Otherwise, I'd just think my kids visited while we were out.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

Interesting theory.......

I stay logged in all the time.....so the few times I go out it would look as if I were still home, no?

Besides, even when I leave, there's a big grouchy dog that stays in the house. He loves uninvited company.....

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I wonder what it would show on my computer.

I have a 4g thumb drive that will set me up for remote operation of my home computer.

When i am at the local collage using there computers i plug in my thumb drive this connect me to my home computer via the internet and allows me to use my computer setup and programs plus it lets me bypass there filters.

Everything i am doing is then routed through my computer.
I get my desktop and my special programs.
I can even use Linux instead of there screwed up windows.

It even has a key-scrambler on it so that they can not record my keystrokes

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I invite my enemies to come over to my house. I even give them my name and address. Then, I wait for them. When one of them gets close to my home, I give him burning diarrhea so bad, it burns blood out of his rectum.

He needs to a restroom now, a lot more than he needs to fire bomb my living room. If one of my enemies is not dangerous, but only misguided, and trying to run with the big dogs, I'll just gives his car 2 flat tires.

People with no getaway vehicle back down pretty quick. I always let the people know it was me who stopped them, and if they want burning diarrhea again, to just start moving toward my home.

I've had a few people try again, and they got burning diarrhea again. Only the second time it didn't go away for a week. I've never had anyone try a third time. Six people have tried to poison me. They all died from the poison I ingested. I got a little bit sick, but the poison didn't really hurt me.

Sometimes, if someone really bugs me, I'll give them 5 or 10 thousand dollars, so they can sin, without restraint, long enough to kill themselves. This has the benefit of killing the person, and the extra added benefit of sending him to Hell, for final impenitent sin.

Physical death is too easy on people. Eternal death, in everlasting fire is rough. But I always tell people The Truth: Jesus Christ IS The Immutable Source of All Power. If you take on His Nature, you will have dominion over The Physical Laws of Nature.

new topics

top topics

join