It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there two terrible candidates? Government Involvement?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Personally, I think Obama is the better of two evils, if McCain gets elected, dies of a "stroke" and then Sarah Palin goes into office, who would be able to stop a government takeover by people in the background such as the Majestic Twelve?

I've always felt that there are some things the public just should not know, but when you have a group of people that have questionable motives and goals, its time for the people to undergo revolution, just like we did back in 1775.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Do you not think that its a bit strange that in the year that the US begins to take a major orchestrated nose dive...

A 200 year old brain dead war veteran, A black "muslim" who is related to an ethnic cleanser AND an the insane wife of an ex president are the three candidates for the most powerful position in the US.

It is more like a tv show than reality.. this whole thing looks like it was made this way to keep you lot from realizing what is happening around you.

It really doesn't matter who gets in anyway, its pretty obvious that the people behind the scenes in the US are the real controllers.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If McCain gets elected and dies in office, Palin is much more experienced in making executive decisions and has a lot more intuition apparently than even many men.

Obama hasn't run a corner grocery store. He's a created creature from the crooked-assed Chicago political machine. He is brilliant, but as my daddy would say, he's all belt buckle, no cowboy.

Obama's had less than 200 days of active duty in the Senate, and you can't even go to work at McDonalds and in 200 days become the manager.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hmm. What exactly has this got to do with aliens and UFOs?
I assume you posted in the wrong forum.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Maybe because the two major political parties are corrupt and irresponsible?
The candidate pool is based more on who they think can get elected, rather than who would do the best job in office. This isn't an election, it's a spin contest.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Honestly I think Obama is the best candidate for disclosure, however hes also the best candidate to be the next JFK.

He seems like a guy who is maybe too keen on change and disclosure, then again thats maybe what he wants you to think. Its hard to say.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by silver6ix
Honestly I think Obama is the best candidate for disclosure, however hes also the best candidate to be the next JFK.

He seems like a guy who is maybe too keen on change and disclosure, then again thats maybe what he wants you to think. Its hard to say.

I do not appreciate it when people believe Obama may be the next JFK. In personality and charisma? Sure. But in integrity and political purpose? Hell no. You think JFK was assassinated because he was a nice guy? No, he revealed that he wasn't a game player for big money interests, and he had resolved to expose them in broad daylight. Don't insult that President's memory by comparing him to that banker's lackey you call your leader.

No offense to you poster, I am addressing a common sentiment that I've been hearing a lot lately. I don't like either of the candidates, but to assume that Obama will ever compare to JFK is beyond absurd.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Viral

I think you are being unfair to Obama. In truth so far theres no reason to assume hes a big game player either, it may well be that like JFK his morals and his will for truth fall foul of the corporates and the money men who are playing another game.

Im not saying its so, Obama has a lot to prove to people and he needs to follow through on his bold claims of changing the old ways and the corridors of power, even if he does want to the question remains whether he will be allowed to.

MCain will just be another old school monkey dropped in who will say yes to everything the shadow players want.

My concern on Obama always stemmed from a single concept, was he tough enough to fight the sharks, I honestly believe his heart is in the right place, that he would like to do things right. But dreams and goodwill might not be enough to fight off the predators who stalk the corridors of power, thats my fear. Whos going to fight the fighters?

[edit on 24-10-2008 by silver6ix]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
For what its worth, I agree that they are not anywhere near what you want in a president.

Obama??? Seriously, how can anyone say he is going to be a good president when he has no record of anything except his bad choice in friends and acquantances that got him where he is now.

McCain? Well he probably is a bit on the old side and Palin does not seem any more to be relied on than Obama.

I guess we'll all just have to live with the voter's choice.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

I completely agree, this is the kind of thing that makes me want to go into Politics and kick everybody's ass for not caring for their country.

If anyone were to take a step back from the Obama and McCain hype, not take either one seriously and become suspicious of every action they had ever taken, it would become apparent that neither candidate is vying for the best interests of the people.

That is the whole purpose of government ATS'ers, for the people and by the people. Once the government starts telling us what is best for us it's time to pack up and get outa the country before they start taking more than just our money.

Did you guys see that South Park episode the election night? The McCain voters were freaking out because Obama got elected. I'm not saying that is what's going to happen, but it certainly is something we should be looking into.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
Hmm. What exactly has this got to do with aliens and UFOs?
I assume you posted in the wrong forum.

I was just about to say this myself. Is there a reason you posted a thread about McCain and Obama in the aliens and ufo forum? Are you trying to say That they are aliens brought here on ufos?

Or did you just post in the wrong forum? I suspect that is the case here. I predict the Mods will be moving this thread to a political forum shortly.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
It says Conspiracy forum for me...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by PinealGlandThoth
It says Conspiracy forum for me...

hmmm.... Well it seems to be showing up in the aliens and ufo forum for everybody else...

Actually if I recall correctly the aliens and ufo forum is a part of the conspiracy forum GROUP. Which means you put this thread in the aliens and ufo forum, part of the conspiracy forum group.

Although to be perfectly honest I fail to see any conspiracy that you are trying to indicate. It seems that you are just saying that Barrack is the better of two evils because if McCain were to die then Sara palin would probably screw things up. While I have to agree with that I see no conspiracy.

No worries though. The mods will straighten out any problems or issues with the location of the thread.

No big deal.

Dust

[edit on 7-11-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Boys and girls, we live in a republic not a democracy. The people in the two main parties of our government basically choose poeple they think can win or at least will be most benifical for them and then tell us who to vote for and bombard us with useless information. There are even tactics and it may even be beneficial to the party to lose a election. If you look at all the politicians, they all went to school to each other or are related by blood or marraige, few are in office through hard work.

To be quite honest, in this election we just had, McCain lost many states that he could have won, but i think the republicans told him to take a fall so the dems would be blamed if eerything that happens over the next four years if things go bad. This would put the GOP in prime striking position for the next elections. This is not to say Obama didnt win completely on his own, I am just saying it is a tactic that losing could set your party up for a bigger win later.

In the end, your votes dont count, politicians make the rules and change them as they play and the people you vote for were chosen for you by politicians in office.

Next time, dont vote!

[edit on 7/11/08 by Pfeil]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pfeil

In the end, your votes dont count, politicians make the rules and change them as they play and the people you vote for were chosen for you by politicians in office.

Next time, dont vote!

Or you could do a write in vote as you are not required to vote for one of the two main candidates. You can vote for who ever you believe would be the best person for the job whether they are the republican candidate, the democratic candidate or your friendly neighborhood grocery store cashier.

There is no law that says you have to vote for the candidates chosen by the democratic and republican parties...

If you dont like the main candidates I dont agree that not voting is the answer. As I have said do a write in for whoever you feel is the best person for the job

Dust

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Next time, dont vote!

Or you could do a write in vote as you are not required to vote for one of the two main candidates. You can vote for who ever you believe would be the best person for the job whether they are the republican candidate, the democratic candidate or your friendly neighborhood grocery store cashier.

Your correct. You can do that. But, the problem with that is again, the party will support the person they think can be best for them and ignore or slander and mud sling against anyone they dont want even if that person is in their own party. The majority of voters will vote for one of the two pre-chosen canidates and your vote still does accomplish much for the simple fact the person you write in has no chance of winning.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Obama's had less than 200 days of active duty in the Senate, and you can't even go to work at McDonalds and in 200 days become the manager.

That's quite humorous actually! .. but sadly true!

Just out of curiosity.. how long did it take YOU to reach the top peg at Micky D's? heheheh

IRM

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Next time, dont vote!

Your correct. You can do that. But, the problem with that is again, the party will support the person they think can be best for them and ignore or slander and mud sling against anyone they dont want even if that person is in their own party. The majority of voters will vote for one of the two pre-chosen canidates and your vote still does accomplish much for the simple fact the person you write in has no chance of winning.

Yes that is true. I cant recall a single election where someone has won a political seat by write in. That doesnt mean that your vote for some one else counts any less.

Personally I would much rather do a write in that chances are wont make much of a difference in the election. At the very least If the one who is elected does a bad job I could say, dont blame me I voted for (random name here)

But yeah I guess my point was I would much rather do a write in than not cast a vote at all.

I do concede that for the most part write ins dont make much of a difference, but it makes a much bigger difference than no vote at all.

As far as votes counting I have a few things I could say about the electoral college vs popular vote but that doesnt really fit quite right into this thread so I will save that for another day.

Dust

new topics

top topics

join