It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS censoring our posts because of political views?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
There have been numerous occasions here in the past few weeks where my posts, that were legitimate to the discussion, not off topic and NOT flaming , were removed by moderators when concerned about the Obama and McCain election.

I hate to be a conspiracy nut here, but since this IS a website of that nature, i cant help but wonder. Is ATS removing our posts and censoring our ability, as people of the opposing view to the election, to express our thoughts , feelings and facts?

Most of the posts that I have had removed contained actual facts and or lines from different news sources. Make no mistake here, I am not targeting the liberal area of this website what so ever, i am just curious if this is happening to anyone else.

Further more I would also be interested if anyone from the left is having the same issues? Perhaps this is not strictly an ATS thing, or a party line thing, and we are just susceptible to moderators who have opposing views of our own, and hence having the power, decide to remove , ban , and or edit our posts.

Discussion is open for all, so please raise your voice, and no flaming!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
i see you joined quite recently, there was an announcement a few weeks ago, i think around the middle of september, to the effect that ATS needed to introduce pretty harsh policing of political threads to cut down on the quantity of bickering.

i don't think it's just you.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
We have a pre=established thread for those who have concerns regarding ATS policy and the performance of ATS Staff.

Please re-direct your concerns to The ATS Issues Thread and/or use the Suggestion/Complaint feature to gain the attention of the entirety of Staff.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

new topics

join