It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we was going to rebel against our govornments how would we do it?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Rebelling against your own government will get you jailed. Instead, you should rebel against your neighbor. Safer yet, rebel against the media. The media is our nation's main problem.

I've rebelled against polls. Everytime someone calls me or surveys me about who I am voting for, I enthusiastically tell them "Obama". This, despite the fact that I plan on voting for McCain. I hope it screws up their numbers.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
Rebelling against your own government will get you jailed.

Which is probably the biggest reason to do it, and at the same time the biggest reason not to do it.

What a juxtaposition

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Shouldn't the question be:

"If we were to rebel against our government, how would we do it?"

Not "If we was going to rebel against our govornments how would we do it?"

Just so you know, proper syntax and grammar goes a long way, particularly when going against the government.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by Chadwickus]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
DO NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS LIKE THIS ON A MESSAGE BOARD

Don't even think about answering questions like this. Don't you notice that about every 2 weeks, a question in this general vein pops up? Who do you think is asking the questions? Why are they wanting to know? What information can be used if you answer such questions?

If the OP is requesting a sincere desire for information, there is more than plenty that can be had on the internet, and in other forms of media. Don't attach your names to "ideas", "suggestions", or even "thinking out loud" when it comes to this subject.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Seriously, as long as the ideas are general overviews and not actual plans, you are only say9ing how it could be done.

You wont be arrested for saying "If 2000 armed people marched on 10 Downing streets we could kill Gordon Brown."

However if you said, I'm trying to get 2000 armed people to march on Downing street with me, it's different. It is all about how you say it, I know billy, he's 16, in college. Not working for the government, geez stop being so paranoid. There are so many sites damning the UK government it would take years to read it all.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6

Ok. So we stop buying gasoline.

Stop buying alcohol and cigarettes.

Stop 'buying' the garbage they sell us as 'news'

If people stop watching tv .. the ratings will drop.
When the ratings drop .. advertisers cease paying money for advertisements to be beamed into your hypnotised brain.
So .. by turning off your tv you will REALLY hurt them.

Stop buying print media.

Stop buying idiotic 'brand name' clothing and accessories.

To hurt them, you simply have to stop FEEDING them

When YOU stop .. THEY lose their power

AWESOME POST!!!! I aree and have been doing this for years, and been HAPPY and had FUN all along the way...finally people are starting to see it and act the same a bit.....just hopefully MORE will jump on it sooner, to get where we wanna go FASTER.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

How??

In a way you will never see put into print on a webpage....

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
DO NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS LIKE THIS ON A MESSAGE BOARD

Don't even think about answering questions like this. Don't you notice that about every 2 weeks, a question in this general vein pops up? Who do you think is asking the questions? Why are they wanting to know? What information can be used if you answer such questions?

If the OP is requesting a sincere desire for information, there is more than plenty that can be had on the internet, and in other forms of media. Don't attach your names to "ideas", "suggestions", or even "thinking out loud" when it comes to this subject.

wow are you seriously suggesting that im trying to get information from ATS members

just relax a little bit im only asking for ideas on how people could possible stop them before they kill us and the planet

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I've written once before, and I've got to repeat myself to some degree. I've read a few posts that are focusing on the government, either by saying it's too big and powerful for us to do anything or that the only thing to do is vote.

You wanna change the world in which you live? Change the YOU in tha world. Educate your self about the powers that be. Quit focusing on the government.

NEVER think they are too big for us to handle! That's what us in this to begin with...We gave away our power. I love this quote by Thomas Jefferson:

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

QUIT believing your voting makes a hill of beans difference. Not to sound negative, but there are forces behind the government with WAY more pull - they are the ones steering the gov't. Educate yourself on ALL aspects of what's going on. So many people believe Obama is the answer (just as an example), but look who's backing him, Zbigniew Brzezinski (co-founder of the Trilateral Commission). If that doesn't mean anything to you, start researching! Why is it that almost every person we have in leadership is a member of one or more shadow organization or society. Their allegiance to these groups supercede any oath or commitment they make in their position. They are playing for the same team - the competition ir merely an illusion!

I agree with dock6. It is all about the money. Once you start looking at the events of this world with a new perspective (and not the one they give you through the mainstream media, institutionalized education, religion, etc) you find out quickly that money drives it all. It is the banking establishments, you guys. No, not the smaller ones - they simply feed into the larger ones. If you are not already aware of the banking cartel, and the power they hold, I suggest watching a few documentaries: Money Masters, America: Freedom to Fascism (helpful even if you're not american), Turning of the Tide, and Zeitgeist (part two, I think) to name a few.

So much of everything in our world is connected, but it's up to us the connect the dots - that's when we start to get the whole picture.

Take dock6's advice. It's brilliant! Educate yourself further. Begin sharing that information with others. If you're sleeping then Wake Up! If those around you are sleeping then wake them up. And this is worth repeating...NEVER, EVER believe you're too small to change this world. It's a lie of hollywood, though, to think we're going to change it overnight. They need us! Not the other way around, and as more and more of us stop (stop believing their version of the world, stop buying aht they're selling, stop playing by the rules of good behavior, ie. restrict your comments to the weather) the more and more we'll begin to see change.

Oh, and one last thing, we all make mistakes when typing and speaking. It's way easier to catch someone else's mistakes than your own (true in spelling, grammar, and life). So let's be adult here and keep focus on what really matters. If this kid, Billy, ends up changing the world, is anybody REALLY gonna care that he used a verb in the wrong tense?? Quit trying to make yourself feel superior - it only divides us, discourages people to put themselves out there, and, in the end, defeats the purpose. Let's support each other here, even in our disagreements, not criticize.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Ok, one more thing. I found thid on another thread and think it's brilliant!! Just thought I'd share.

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
My Hallucination and Satori moment some years ago;

Of How Close Freedom is for all of us,

By Non Violent and simple means,

In less than a few Days too.

Some here may remember and have taken part in the Anti War Rallies just before the last invasion of Iraq the millions, and millions of people in

London

Rome

Paris

Washington

Rio

Johanusberg

Sydney

Bethlehem

Toronto

Tokyo

and Nearly all the "sane" people in the world together,

Well my haalucination at that event, my fantasy AS I AM NOT SUGGESTING ANYONE DO THIS, it was just a realisation whilst there.

Lets just all sit down, and not leave at the end of it.

Millions of people just sitting down, dancing, but refusing to leave/go back home to 9-5 until it was stopped.

What could they do arrest 3 million people.

I imagined in such an experience many others would come and join, bring food, blankets etc

Human gridlock in all the worlds cities, no fighting or protests, just sit down until it is done. Markets wouldn't open, people couldn't get to work, World Media, I would say 36 hours later at most we would have a differant world.

We are free, we have the power, we just wont step through that door, the real conspiracy and spin and illusion is of "there" power.

So surely as the OP says, sit down, and Breathe, and relax until our will is done it would be so in such numbers!

Too Lazy?

That was my hallucination or fantasy, I could see and taste that freedom and Peace but I think many armchair dissenters wanted just so much for the badge, clear consciounce and label of attending this, and their TV and warm home that night.

The only thing keeping us in bondage is our own minds, not them.

You can only be "used" if you let the perpetrator do it, and you play the victim role!

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmaddness
I think before trying to figure out how to topple a government, you must first ask...

What will replace it?

Just toppling a government because it isn't working for "you" is not a valid reason for even going along these lines. First you must come up with a better solution for a government. I mean honestly, do you think that if you topple the government, that you or your family are going to be better off in an anarchy type situation?

I'm getting pretty sick of hearing these "Hey lets topple xyz government" when the posters clearly have no idea what that entails.

Do yourself a favor, attend school, get a university degree, and then form a plan for a government that is better than what we currently have.

While at it, be sure to include measures to prevent Russia, China or any other country from simply invading us during your "switchover".

Thanks for playing.

You mean like the government did in Iraq!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
How?
As the Financial Crisis gets worse this would be the best time to strike. We see, as the Crisis is worse the Military Budget may begin to shrink giving the Iraqi's / Afghani's a better chance at Striking there Puppet Goverments and the Occupation... Thus causing the United States to begin to shrink yet again. Thus Riot's should begin as the Crisis begins to worsen. Protests should begin also.

The worse Conditions get the better chance of a perfect strike on a Goverment.
We would also find it useful to turn the Military on Eachother.
When?
As the Financial Crisis worsens.
Where?
The United States of Course.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6
Ok. So we stop buying gasoline. They don't expect we could ever live without it. Up to us to prove we can and will. Use public transport. Use feet. Use bicycles. Whatever it takes

The government are doing this any way, trying to get people to use public transport, cycle and walk

Stop buying alcohol and cigarettes.

Did you not here about all the smoking bans, and as for asking people to give up alcohol, good luck.

Stop 'buying' the garbage they sell us as 'news'. Turn off the tv.

They will get to you other ways like internet advertising. And what would you suggest, we look the otherway when we see a billboard.

Stop buying print media.

They give it away in London for free. One so called free news paper is called the Metro. Also it’s free to read on the internet. And as for infantile magazines about other people’s lives, try telling that to a 14 year old girl with half a brain, plenty of them out there.

Originally posted by StevenDye
Casual ideas passed around on an internet forum will not cause the government to stop them from working. Especially if the plans are thought about.... nothing the government does can stop the plan I came up with from being effective; they just know it's so unliklely it doesn't matter.
[edit on 24-10-2008 by StevenDye]

Well lets hear it then. Please.

To take control you have to take the right people simultaneously.

I was at the London anti war demonstration, did it achieve anything, no, because they still went ahead with their illegal war.

Now had those millions of people been better coordinated and prepared to fight then yes, not over night, but they would have been able to take control.

Had one man/woman jumped up on that stage in Hyde park and knocked Ken Livingston’s teeth down the back of his throat, and then given a rousing speech to them people, and had that man/woman had 300 or more strategically placed individuals to coordinate them people to immediately start to disable and block in anyway government enforcement, in which ever form it took. Had that man/woman had several more hundred individuals to immediately attack the surveillance systems and then spread word to tear down all CCTV, I could go on mmm, maybe I should go into hiding now.

If they had tried to sit "peacefully" around for days on end those in control would just wait until they starved. Maybe all our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan should sit down and protest peacefully until the terrorists give in. (somebody already said this on ats)

Education will get you so far, but a violent revolution is the only way you will rid the west and Europe of them that control everything. They would have to be physically removed. And they are not going to sit on there backsides singing songs of love and peace.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
ive tryed starting a thread along these lines a little while ago and mine got deleted. but for ideas on how to rebel without violent measures would be ohhh i dont know hold a whole lot of protests against the current govt system and alot of rallies and hope that it gains alot of support cause frankly, you would need that support

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by billyjoinedat2k8
If we was going ...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

We pick a corporation...say Pepsi...we boycott and drive it into the ground...make demands...not met..pick another corporation...boycott them...so on till we get their attention

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I wouldn't really consider what I do as rebellious.

Years ago, I stopped using banks. I don't have a credit card. I try to shop away from the big box stores. I purchase fruits and veggies from locals. My pulling away from the system has been in baby steps.

We also do not public school, nor do we vaccinate. We don't use flu shots or other panic induced vaccinations. We attempt to use herbs because personally, I don't trust the medical model anymore.

My next step is to become independent of the local electric company that is ripping me off all year around with their games of numbers and little laws they keep passing to raise the cost.

When gas was high, we simply cut our use by not driving.

Oh and we will refuse a Real ID card. My governor has worked hard to stop it.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
google up: Leaderless resistance

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
let us rebel with weapons of love. with art and with science used to develop life, not destroy it. how else does one pierce the darkness other than with light? while they destroy, we will create. let us fight apathy with empathy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join