It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the story behind your Avatar and your profile name?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rikk7111

Ha well I can't really remember what they were but I do know that if you saw them you'd be like "eh. That's it.."

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

You made fun of my hair... and then I rained hellfire down upon you. And then you sliced me up with your vendetta daggers. That's what I remember anyways...

So what is the story behind the Einstein avatar, and the V avatar?

My new one is Lady Liberty embracing Lady Justice. A marriage between the two ideas

[edit on 21-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Watched V for Vendetta and caught the anarchist patriot fever.

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Well it's one of my many favorite movies.

V makes for a great avatar

No. What you have are bullets and the hope that when your guns are empty i'm no longer standing.

That line made my skin crawl in the movie, was very BA.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

No, What you have are bullets and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing.

That's so good that I'm going to use it on the TV & Movie quotes thread on BTS.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Try this one on for size.

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-à-vis an introduction, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V

[edit on 21/11/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
**Attention**

Let's stay on topic please. This is about the story behind your Avatar and even though this is BTS, it's not an excuse for chit-chat.

Thanks for your attention to this. Happy posting.

-Badge01
Forum Moderator

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Apologies, gracious badger.

Long story short, I caught the V-mania. I'm going to make it a resolution to Watch 'V for Vendetta' every Guy Fawkes day, so that don't forget the "spirit" of the holiday.

[edit on 21/11/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Awesome thread, This is great

Well this current avatar which I really like because there were many nights that ive spent in the mountains looking up into the night sky and wondering what is really up there. I always felt a calming feeling and a safe feeling when I looked up and would always admire how beautiful the night sky can be and up there there is no right or wrong..Just stars and space.

Normally I have funny character avatars from comedies,I love to laugh so I pick characters from movies that really make me laugh like Fast Times At Ridgemont High, Airplane, and Beerfest

My profile name is a combination of my initials and something relating to my military service

[edit on 21-11-2008 by cmd18B]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

You made fun of my hair... and then I rained hellfire down upon you. And then you sliced me up with your vendetta daggers. That's what I remember anyways...

So what is the story behind the Einstein avatar, and the V avatar?

My new one is Lady Liberty embracing Lady Justice. A marriage between the two ideas

[edit on 21-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

Lucid, I have been a big Einstein fan since I was a kid. I have at least twenty books or so on that ole man and I can't seem to get enough. I love physics, Time travel (not that I have done it..lol..meaning books on the subject.)and many other sciences. I've had an Einstein Avatar for years. I've used it many times as a moderator on four different sites.............So there's your story...............

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I change my avatar frequently as things change in my life... frequently it seems of late. But I don't often give thought to what it's representing. Something feels right to add or subtract and I go with it. Extralien did a great analysis.

I travel in the dark because that is where they hide the light.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by TravelerintheDark]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join